IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I have to say, this is the happiest and most positive I've seen WATMM since I've been around (lurked since mid 2000s, finally created profile during Tomorrows Harvest aneurysm). It's nice to see the good vibes coming out, and rightfully so, given what's transpired here so far.

There's no better time to be an IDM fan. With all the unlistenable garbage that's out on the airwaves these days, it's really been a pleasure to hear the best from the artists we've known and loved (BoC, Plaid, RDJ, etc.)

I've been having a euphoric waves of IDM nerdiness wash over me these past couple years and especially the past couple days. Sounds lame but I'm pretty darn proud to be a part of a group of people who share my interests.

Right there with you man!

Is anyone ripping these at a bitrate higher than 128? If so, pls share ur sekrits!

I'm still catching up with this thread, so forgive me if this has already been addressed within the last 20 pages or so.

There's no way to capture the stream in a higher bitrate, so if you see anything higher it's a shitty transcode. (Unless AFX decides to allow downloads from soundcloud directly). Edited by baph

I wonder why he makes 10- 29 min breaks between uploading a new track , what is he doing in the meantime ? does he compose a new track in the meantime ?
so many mysteries...

How do you download tracks from souncloud? :(

this is extension for chrome - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/soundcloud-downloader-fre/libedajeiljdoodmokbppgapcfbignci

also, theres a shitloads of sites, extensions etc on the internet. have you tried google?_))

many peoples use this - http://streampocket.com/

Edited by Mag

Is anyone ripping these at a bitrate higher than 128? If so, pls share ur sekrits!

No, its impossible.

The tracks that aphex is uploading are at 128kbps, so thats all we can possibly grab.

If you havent figured it out yet: when you stream from soundcloud you are just downloading a file into an on-page player. There are firefox and chrome extensions that let you grab the underlying file. These aphex tracks are always turning out to be 128kbps, no-one will do any better than that.

Edited by zazen

I didn't discover this was happening until today, and my productivity has been down at least 50% because of it... And now these Peel session tracks, it's unbelievable. Thank you so much Richard!

And now what is this, Bradley Strider outtakes? Herre jävlar...

Edited by Parsifal

Slow Internet connection theory is launched. Anyway, this whole thing is so fucking great. Thank you Affleck twins.

I'm still catching up with this thread, so forgive me if this has already been addressed within the last 20 pages or so.

There's no way to capture the stream in a higher bitrate, so if you see anything higher it's a shitty transcode. (Unless AFX decides to allow downloads from soundcloud directly).

No, its impossible.

The tracks that aphex is uploading are at 128kbps, so thats all we can possibly grab.

If you havent figured it out yet: when you stream from soundcloud you are just downloading a file into an on-page player. There are firefox and chrome extensions that let you grab the underlying file. These aphex tracks are always turning out to be 128kbps, no-one will do any better than that.

Ah bummer. Cheers anyway fellas!

All of this fresh RDJ tuneage is bringing me close to tears. Never thought I'd see the day :music:

well, soundcloud tracks are always converted to 128kbps, but the source files are still kept on the server. so, if he wanted to, he could enable downloads and we could get them in whatever higher bitrate he uploaded them in.

Yeah, his internet connection may be shit, he lives way out in the country.

I kind of like imagining that he's ripping these tracks from DAT and going 'eh, I'll post this one. hm, save this one for me mates. Maybe this one goes on SAWIII, let me hold it back.'

No, its impossible.

He can upload it as 192/24 and soundcloud will only send it at 128kbps

Guest escmode

I wonder what the situation is with Warp - I mean he was in a contract with them when these were made... maybe they released their rights to his work or sumink. Thank fuck they did (if that's the case).