IGNORED

Did the "pay for the forum or get banned until you pay" remove some of your friends?

o00o

I just noticed that you can't post anymore if you do not have a paid subscription even if you have several 1000 posts. Do you know old time members you miss because they didn't want to pay and by this got auto-banned?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sonnyskare

that's odd because I've never paid either. Maybe it doesn't allow you to post from an account that was paid at some point.

that's odd because I've never paid either. Maybe it doesn't allow you to post from an account that was paid at some point.

^ that. I can still post although I never got a subscription (planning on getting one ASAP tho, don't hit me !)

I've had my subscription run out, and it just bumped me to "Members". I could post just fine.

that could be it then, he couldn't continue to post from a paid a account that got 0 credit, so to say, and the system didn't switch him to "members" status.

yeah maybe it was some kind of glitch in the matrix so to say. I wonder if Joyrex can confirm this? Even so I am totally ok with paying I was a bit confused about being forced to it suddenly.

I asked Papa about it since my friend Phoenix was having issues, and I had no idea about the new rules. All accounts are paid and apparently you end up in Limbo/"validating status" if you don't use your account for 180 days, and have to pay your way back into the party. No idea if I'll see my friend again. :cry: I will pay to keep using this forum as it's a platform to sell my music (and some of you are alright to hang out with I guess) but I understand people who don't, nothing against the forum personally but a lot of us have probably been part of several forums over the years without paying for them.

I asked Papa about it since my friend Phoenix was having issues, and I had no idea about the new rules. All accounts are paid and apparently you end up in Limbo/"validating status" if you don't use your account for 180 days, and have to pay your way back into the party. No idea if I'll see my friend again. :cry:

ah ok that explains why there is a paid member status now in addition to the normal ones. But as I wasn't inactive auto-ban until you pay is a new default rule? I don't mind paying I just would like to know whats going on and if its possible to see who is affected by this. I wasn't even able to send pms anymore

Guest sonnyskare

I asked Papa about it since my friend Phoenix was having issues, and I had no idea about the new rules. All accounts are paid and apparently you end up in Limbo/"validating status" if you don't use your account for 180 days, and have to pay your way back into the party. No idea if I'll see my friend again. :cry: I will pay to keep using this forum as it's a platform to sell my music (and some of you are alright to hang out with I guess) but I understand people who don't, nothing against the forum personally but a lot of us have probably been part of several forums over the years without paying for them.

I went to check this, by creating a new account, and this does seem to be the case. Very unfortunate that this is now a pay-to-join site, if I ever get bumped to a restricted account because I haven't paid I'd probably leave the site permanently (not that I would want to at all). Honestly a sad moment.

I can confirm this is the case. I had a previously registered account that had been deactivated because I wasn't active for 180 days or something.

Fair enough, I was using up some vital resource by not being here and got deleted.

So I was just browsing the forum now and again but felt I wanted to sign up and take part in the discussions, but lo and behold I had to pick a subscription fee (3 options from $3 up) before my membership could be validated and I could join.

I was initially quite shocked that I would have to pay 'subscription fee' that only allows me limited priviliges, but being that as it may, here I am, $3 / £1.89 out of pocket, safe in the knowledge if I piss off for half a year I can still come back.

Yeah I had to pay to read up on the Venetian Snares bonus disc pavlova a couple of months back. Seeing as the forum is OK, I don't mind so much.

Plus, $3 is almost worthless against the pound so, you know... :emotawesomepm9:

Archived