IGNORED

Did the "pay for the forum or get banned until you pay" remove some of your friends?

o00o

I can understand not subscribing to the pay-to-post concept but seriously, even for a student like me who only had underpaid jobs in his life, 3$ a year is just a laughable amount of money to give... Get over it.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys. I think there's some confusion here and I just want to speak on that and maybe help make sense of what's going on in this thread as far as the last few pages go regarding BDB and wattm. First of all hi, hello, wassup, miss lots of you, don't recognize most of you, and in turn most of you don't know who I am, and that's how it should be and this will help illustrate my point in a bit.

Secondly, I can understand why Joyrex would be defensive with Keltoi's question about the donation meter. You are the head and face and muscle of watmm and at baseline you are going to be defensive if you perceive hostility or potential undermining of how you run the site. You are providing a by and large thankless service for lots of people and when those people aren't consistently appreciative it starts eating away at an agreement. There's a phenomenon where forum users who have spent loads of time and effort into helping build a community feel like they have some sort of stake into how things are done, or at least feel like they have the right to be critical at times. Thus there is the actual watmm, the money, the adminstration, the moderation, the time, the sweat, the bullshit you have to deal with, and there is the ideal watmm, the intangible community that many people consider a part of their life. The working stiff who suits up, drives to his office, feels like an alien among the other suits, but alas can turn to likeminded individuals on his break to get through the day while he tries to figure his shit out. Because this ideal community is part of his life, he feels entitled to have a voice in how it is governed. The sad truth, probably to no one's fault, is this entitlement eats away at the agreement. I don't know what the agreement is exactly, but it has to be something like "I made this place, so ultimately you gotta do things that I'm okay with or you're gonna have to fuck off."

In my clearly insignificant opinion, it is fair of Keltoi to bring up his question regarding the donation meter. Perfectly fair. Joyrex you are probably so used to people trying to get an angle on you that you automatically deflect and try to find an angle on them. That's the only reason I can come up with you making this to have anything to do with BDB. That's understandable. You've had enough people talk shit about you and badmouth you over the years so I can follow your train of thought there. But I think you have it wrong as far as the BDB MO goes. The point is not to have a place to post tits finally. That's what the entire internet is for. The point is, some of us became a part of each other's lives for better or for worse, and we came up in a golden age of IDM together and shared all these amazing experiences and developments, and there was an actual community happening. Now in my case, over many years, my actions ate away at the agreement. To be fair, the details of the agreement changed -- the whole premise of posting here for some us was to be able to share unfiltered thoughts and try to sort our lives out with a soundtrack of amazing electronic music in the background. I do believe that premise was always lost on you, because one day you brushed that premise aside, and that's perfectly fine, but you have to understand, this is essentially why BDB exists. We just want to dump out our minds together and abstractly figure out the meaning of life. We are continuing a beloved dialogue that was one day deemed too uncouth for watmm. That's it. It should be symbiotic. We shouldn't be faulted for talking about things that aren't allowed to be talked about here, as peers, without moderation or judgment. There's really no need to be defensive or try to paint BDB in such a negative light because of that. The fact that Keltoi is part of that conversation on BDB is completely irrelevant to watmm's Donation Gate or Donagate or whatever you guys are calling it in all the chatrooms, so I'm kindly asking that we be left alone going forward regarding this issue.

Anyway, I've shot my wad. Really wish everyone the best here. Hope you are well Joyrex. Happy Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year to all.

can someone please ban this clown?

i couldnt care less about 3$ subscription fees, its nothing, pretty sure i donated 15-16$ once. it was the purge to censor the topics of humour and conversation that got me. but anyway. im still here.

Hey guys. I think there's some confusion here and I just want to speak on that and maybe help make sense of what's going on in this thread as far as the last few pages go regarding BDB and wattm. First of all hi, hello, wassup, miss lots of you, don't recognize most of you, and in turn most of you don't know who I am, and that's how it should be and this will help illustrate my point in a bit.

Secondly, I can understand why Joyrex would be defensive with Keltoi's question about the donation meter. You are the head and face and muscle of watmm and at baseline you are going to be defensive if you perceive hostility or potential undermining of how you run the site. You are providing a by and large thankless service for lots of people and when those people aren't consistently appreciative it starts eating away at an agreement. There's a phenomenon where forum users who have spent loads of time and effort into helping build a community feel like they have some sort of stake into how things are done, or at least feel like they have the right to be critical at times. Thus there is the actual watmm, the money, the adminstration, the moderation, the time, the sweat, the bullshit you have to deal with, and there is the ideal watmm, the intangible community that many people consider a part of their life. The working stiff who suits up, drives to his office, feels like an alien among the other suits, but alas can turn to likeminded individuals on his break to get through the day while he tries to figure his shit out. Because this ideal community is part of his life, he feels entitled to have a voice in how it is governed. The sad truth, probably to no one's fault, is this entitlement eats away at the agreement. I don't know what the agreement is exactly, but it has to be something like "I made this place, so ultimately you gotta do things that I'm okay with or you're gonna have to fuck off."

In my clearly insignificant opinion, it is fair of Keltoi to bring up his question regarding the donation meter. Perfectly fair. Joyrex you are probably so used to people trying to get an angle on you that you automatically deflect and try to find an angle on them. That's the only reason I can come up with you making this to have anything to do with BDB. That's understandable. You've had enough people talk shit about you and badmouth you over the years so I can follow your train of thought there. But I think you have it wrong as far as the BDB MO goes. The point is not to have a place to post tits finally. That's what the entire internet is for. The point is, some of us became a part of each other's lives for better or for worse, and we came up in a golden age of IDM together and shared all these amazing experiences and developments, and there was an actual community happening. Now in my case, over many years, my actions ate away at the agreement. To be fair, the details of the agreement changed -- the whole premise of posting here for some us was to be able to share unfiltered thoughts and try to sort our lives out with a soundtrack of amazing electronic music in the background. I do believe that premise was always lost on you, because one day you brushed that premise aside, and that's perfectly fine, but you have to understand, this is essentially why BDB exists. We just want to dump out our minds together and abstractly figure out the meaning of life. We are continuing a beloved dialogue that was one day deemed too uncouth for watmm. That's it. It should be symbiotic. We shouldn't be faulted for talking about things that aren't allowed to be talked about here, as peers, without moderation or judgment. There's really no need to be defensive or try to paint BDB in such a negative light because of that. The fact that Keltoi is part of that conversation on BDB is completely irrelevant to watmm's Donation Gate or Donagate or whatever you guys are calling it in all the chatrooms, so I'm kindly asking that we be left alone going forward regarding this issue.

Anyway, I've shot my wad. Really wish everyone the best here. Hope you are well Joyrex. Happy Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year to all.

sup fred

theres an mspaint thread here that needs you ===> http://forum.watmm.com/topic/85492-ms-paint-the-photo-of-the-pre-poster/

Man, conversing with you is painful. Why feel the need to be so sanctimonious, condescending and contemptible all the time? I'm 40 years old... I don't appreciate being told that I'm a child and need to grow up.

Oh but you do need to grow up keltoi, if you're not man enough to admit key points of your argument have been answered satisfactorily, or that some of what you are saying is spurious trolling that you just won't let go of for fear of being wrong (like how a 35 dollars donation over the course of a year for a place one would spend hundreds of hours at is a fortune, maybe for someone living in a favella in guatamalla, or a mud hut in the hinterlands outside of port au prince. All that has happened is that you don't mentally assign material value to this site. This is like when i go to the supermarket and waste a small fortune on useless crap like cheese or whatever and hardly give the money leaving my wallet a thought, but then when i need a new pair of workshoes i hold off forever and groan at the mere thought of the cost of something that is actually relatively cheap in the scheme of things, that i use everyday, and is actually pretty vital, but it's for work, fucking work, blarh, the monies!!

- three dollars a year is fuck all

- the fee does put a wall around the place for most miscreant behaviourists.

- joyrex has expressed that he is very protective of this site and his reputation so you can cut him some slack for being a little freaked, especially when you keep droning on way past the expiry date of your points in a manner that is snarky and combative

- i'm over this thread for a few more days, heh, long may it fall away into forgotten pages past

edit

- hi fred /waves

some would say child-like smile

• photo-61.jpg?_r=1370337839 lumpy is that you?

It's funny how when he had a child he would have gone from from being lumpenprol to lumps patrol. cause you know, the baby's nappies, sorry.

/ain't no zen thang.

hi delet...!

I'm a chauvinist pig, I have two kids now and have probably changed only 10 diapers between them. Thank heavens for a dutiful wife and maid (though truth be told I actually kind of enjoy changing diapers...they just won't let me do it!)

haha, the zen of being able to enjoy something when you know that it's not a chore that you have to do. I hear you on that. It's like when i go to someone's place and i'm happy to do their dishes, but my dishes, gah the pain, thank goodness for max keiser and things like that to drone on whilst i do them. Of course you have a maid that chore too, haha, i made some incorrect choices in life obviously.

bless.

edit, you could analyse what i said and assert that i was happy to wash friend's dishes or say cook for them and not have it feel like a chore, because i am deriving joy from helping others. So that would cover doing the nappies for the children whom you adore. There you go, i gave you a nice clean retort, to the thing wot i said about the stuff.

Man, conversing with you is painful. Why feel the need to be so sanctimonious, condescending and contemptible all the time? I'm 40 years old... I don't appreciate being told that I'm a child and need to grow up.

Oh but you do need to grow up keltoi, if you're not man enough to admit key points of your argument have been answered satisfactorily, or that some of what you are saying is spurious trolling that you just won't let go of for fear of being wrong (like how a 35 dollars donation over the course of a year for a place one would spend hundreds of hours at is a fortune, maybe for someone living in a favella in guatamalla, or a mud hut in the hinterlands outside of port au prince. All that has happened is that you don't mentally assign material value to this site. This is like when i go to the supermarket and waste a small fortune on useless crap like cheese or whatever and hardly give the money leaving my wallet a thought, but then when i need a new pair of workshoes i hold off forever and groan at the mere thought of the cost of something that is actually relatively cheap in the scheme of things, that i use everyday, and is actually pretty vital, but it's for work, fucking work, blarh, the monies!!

- three dollars a year is fuck all

- the fee does put a wall around the place for most miscreant behaviourists.

- joyrex has expressed that he is very protective of this site and his reputation so you can cut him some slack for being a little freaked, especially when you keep droning on way past the expiry date of your points in a manner that is snarky and combative

- i'm over this thread for a few more days, heh, long may it fall away into forgotten pages past

edit

- hi fred /waves

i accept your points dleet, although "grow up" coming from the guy that chooses to communicate like a texting 10 year old girl is a little bit amusing. you're right though, i'm too old for this shit. sorry stepheng. you swing that purse with pride and don't ever let anyone tell you it's wrong. :flower:

in my first post here i added a winky smilie (see how grown up i am) and a homer gif suggesting (so i thought) a playful intent. what started as a friendly dig turned into me having to defend where i choose to hang out and the people there. i retaliated and it escalated from there. i never intended to be the spokesman for bdb, fred is clearly the man for that particular job. text isn't the best medium for communication as we all know and i'm not as articulate and reasoned as some.

i'm man enough to admit when i'm wrong and i apologise, joyrex. of course i understand you defending your baby. you've explained things satisfactorily and i only wish you'd done so back when i initially queried the donation bar instead of simply making it disappear. you can maybe understand why i leapt to the wrong conclusion.

lol

you have to attend thursday night chatmm bingo for that

40 yr old IDM men like bingo right....?

(I'm not finding a smiley flamboyant enough to get my tone across)

well i'm only a new member so i missed the halcyon days of tits etc. however, i think it's a really small price to pay (0.01p per day or something).

besides that i really doubt if the artists who currently mention the site regularly (and there have been several) would do so if it were still in the old format.

you only have to look at xlectronic (not sure if spelt correctly) to see what happens when you don't bother to manage a site properly.

Archived