IGNORED

Did the "pay for the forum or get banned until you pay" remove some of your friends?

o00o

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, i remembered it differently too JR, that is why i spoke up for keltoi's recollection. Someone has to be less dark about this, so i don't think keltoi was digging at you personally, just annoyed that you didn't accept the point, which was obvious to those that remembered it, cause it was kind of an odd thing at the time (not thought about as a malicious cash grab using a dodgy tactic, this isn't what i mean, don't be paranoid [-;), which you did explain to a reasonable degree of satisfaction. Given that that there're so many odds and ends to running a website, i'm not surprised when these things crop up.

Anyway, bottom line, many people noticed the empty donation meter thing. It was discussed, we're talking about it again. /divvy's up cake

Yeah, I get that - however, turns out my initial suspicions about why this was brought up were sadly confirmed - I got a rather informative copy/paste from another site where this whole issue is discussed, and of course my reactions are fodder for their amusement.

I would be willing to pay up to $5 a year to be able to edit my own posts. I pretty much regret all of the permanently-documented internet shit-talking that I realized was a horrible misuse of energy once I reached adulthood at age 30.

Also, i remembered it differently too JR, that is why i spoke up for keltoi's recollection. Someone has to be less dark about this, so i don't think keltoi was digging at you personally, just annoyed that you didn't accept the point, which was obvious to those that remembered it, cause it was kind of an odd thing at the time (not thought about as a malicious cash grab using a dodgy tactic, this isn't what i mean, don't be paranoid [-;), which you did explain to a reasonable degree of satisfaction. Given that that there're so many odds and ends to running a website, i'm not surprised when these things crop up.

Anyway, bottom line, many people noticed the empty donation meter thing. It was discussed, we're talking about it again. /divvy's up cake

Yeah, I get that - however, turns out my initial suspicions about why this was brought up were sadly confirmed - I got a rather informative copy/paste from another site where this whole issue is discussed, and of course my reactions are fodder for their amusement.

Wtf I didn't make that thread and have no control over anyone there. What I said was honest. You brought the matter up yourself with your questionable version of events but obv didn't appreciate being reminded. Now you're trying to justify your dickishness by bringing up a conversation on another board which happened after everything here? Come on man!

Wtf I didn't make that thread and have no control over anyone there. What I said was honest. You brought the matter up yourself with your questionable version of events but obv didn't appreciate being reminded. Now you're trying to justify your dickishness by bringing up a conversation on another board which happened after everything here? Come on man!

My "dickishness"? Really? Please explain how I've been "a dick" in this whole thing? If anyone's been a dick, it's YOU - stirring up shit out of some self-entitled sense of justice, etc. - I have no idea if you made the thread over there or not (nor did I imply/say you did), but your comments in it are very telling to say the least.

You didn't create the thread here either, but you obviously felt compelled to chime in and "take me to task" for my "suspicious" behaviour when it comes to financing this place.

My "dickishness"? Really? Please explain how I've been "a dick" in this whole thing? If anyone's been a dick, it's YOU - stirring up shit out of some self-entitled sense of justice, etc. - I have no idea if you made the thread over there or not (nor did I imply/say you did), but your comments in it are very telling to say the least.

You didn't create the thread here either, but you obviously felt compelled to chime in and "take me to task" for my "suspicious" behaviour when it comes to financing this place.

you came straight in with a dig at what you called "my home from home". you insinuated that i had no right to contribute to this thread and that my intent was to "stir shit up". all of which is overly defensive and reactionary. that's where you were being dickish, and that's why other people chipped in to back me up.

if you got a copy/paste of the conversation over there, you'll see the order and the names attached to the conversation. you can go and look yourself, you know where it is. my only comment of any relevance is that the main reason i don't come here anymore is because of the constantly rolling over donation meter and the subsequent ninja-esque removal of it when queried about it. left a bitter taste in my mouth... this, along with your sanitization and monetization of the site, although don't get me wrong, i understand that it's yours to do with what you like so my choice is not to frequent anymore...

i questioned your recent explanation because it was not my recollection of events. the donation bar disappeared after i brought it up in the reality check thread. really, you want me (and everyone here) to believe that the software allowed users to enter an amount to donate but it didn't tally and accumulate the running total on the corresponding donation bar? so when someone donated money you just get an email saying "look out! someone's made a donation, please log in to adjust the donation bar 2 notches!"... lol, come on joyrex. i have no problem with you making a hundred bucks a month (sometimes) or whatever it was, but i have a problem with you not announcing that you've met your monthly target (and hitting your target up to 3 times and more in a month) as a result of your users being misled... why would i pm you to bring this to your attention when everyone that's donated deserves to know? maybe instead of making up a story full of holes to cover your tracks, just own up and admit you got it wrong?

you came straight in with a dig at what you called "my home from home". you insinuated that i had no right to contribute to this thread and that my intent was to "stir shit up". all of which is overly defensive and reactionary. that's where you were being dickish, and that's why other people chipped in to back me up.

if you got a copy/paste of the conversation over there, you'll see the order and the names attached to the conversation. you can go and look yourself, you know where it is. my only comment of any relevance is that the main reason i don't come here anymore is because of the constantly rolling over donation meter and the subsequent ninja-esque removal of it when queried about it. left a bitter taste in my mouth... this, along with your sanitization and monetization of the site, although don't get me wrong, i understand that it's yours to do with what you like so my choice is not to frequent anymore...

i questioned your recent explanation because it was not my recollection of events. the donation bar disappeared after i brought it up in the reality check thread. really, you want me (and everyone here) to believe that the software allowed users to enter an amount to donate but it didn't tally and accumulate the running total on the corresponding donation bar? so when someone donated money you just get an email saying "look out! someone's made a donation, please log in to adjust the donation bar 2 notches!"... lol, come on joyrex. i have no problem with you making a hundred bucks a month (sometimes) or whatever it was, but i have a problem with you not announcing that you've met your monthly target (and hitting your target up to 3 times and more in a month) as a result of your users being misled... why would i pm you to bring this to your attention when everyone that's donated deserves to know? maybe instead of making up a story full of holes to cover your tracks, just own up and admit you got it wrong?

Joyrex is not lying about the donation bar in my opinion. I emailed him in 2013 because I had donated $35and it wasn't showing on the bar. I asked if he had gotten it. He didn't respond for about a week and then when he answered said he was busy on vacation or something and hadn't been online.

As soon as he responded to my email the donation was showing.

I'll track down the email and post it if I can find it.

Archived