IGNORED

Kruder & Dorfmeister - K&D Session Re-Issue on 5xLP-Vinyl

o00o

bQJPfaF.jpg

Nostalgic news for ravers of a certain vintage.

The !K7 label is reissuing The K&D Sessions, a 1998 compilation of original tracks, dubs and remixes by Peter Kruder and Richard Dorfmeister that became a staple of bleary-eyed and blunted after-parties, soothing weary ears with their bass-heavy, downbeat moods drawing on funk, jazz, hip hop, dub and dn'b.

The compilation has never been officially available digitally and has long since been deleted on vinyl, with copies going for big money when they do pop up. !K7 have spent painstaking years searching for the original rights holders and clearing the licenses in order to bring the album back in print, with a mastered-for-iTunes version coming on November 17 and a huge 5xLP vinyl box set and 2xCD reissue coming early next year, along with an audiophile quality digital version.

All new versions of the album feature three tracks not available on the original issue. Hear the original album in full, pre-order it now, and if youre looking for an session where you can deploy the compilation to full effect, look no further than the new app thats basically Tinder for after-parties.

Tracklist:

Roni Size Heroes. Kruder Bossa

Alex Reece Jazzmaster. K&D Session

Count Basic Speechless. Drum n Bass

Rockers Hi Fi Going Under. K&D Session

Bomb The Bass Bug Powder Dust. K&D Session

Afrodelics Rollin On Chrome. Wild Motherfucker Dub

Depeche Mode Useless. K&D Session

Count Basic Gotta Jazz

Rainer Truby Trio Donaueschingen. Kruder Mix

Lamb Transfatty Acid. K&D Session

David Holmes Gone. K&D Session

Sofa Surfers Sofa Rockers. Dorfmeister MIx

Mama Oliver Eastwest / Stoned Together. Dorfmeister Mix

Bomb The Bass Bug Powder Dust. K&D Dub

Kruder & Dorfmeister Boogie Woogie

Sin Where Shall I Turn. K&D Session Vol.2

Bone Thugs N Harmony 1st Of The Month. K&D Instrumental

Kruder & Dorfmeister Lexicon

Knowtoryous Bomberclaad Joint. K&D Session

Rockers Hi Fi Going Under. Evil Love & Insanity Dub

Strange Cargo Million Town. K&D Session

Knowtoryous The Revenge of the Bomberclad Joint: The Kruder & Dorfmeister Session Pt. II (The Lost Tapes) ***

Count Basic Strange Life (K&D Remix) ***

Count Basic Hide & Seek (K&D Remix) ***

*** Bonus tracks

http://www.factmag.com/2014/11/06/k7-to-reissue-classic-after-party-compilation-the-kd-sessions-as-huge-vinyl-box-set/

This is great news as the normal vinyl box scores insane prices and is pretty much timeless

Edited by o00o

Guest jasondonervan

Practically every record shop in the late 90s had copies of this rammed into their Electronica section. Never bought a copy myself, think I made do with crappy 128 mp3s ripped from a mate's CD

Every since stumbling onto monkeyradio.org in the early 2000's (RIP), I have played every song on this to death - some of my earliest discoveries in how fantastic music can be. Buying it will be a no-brainer.

Practically every record shop in the late 90s had copies of this rammed into their Electronica section. Never bought a copy myself, think I made do with crappy 128 mp3s ripped from a mate's CD

Not only in the 90's, there was a whole K&D Sessions 2CD wall in a shop in Amsterdam around 2010, must've been hundreds of them, for €5 a piece (no vinyl though). I picked one up then, because I only listened to my brothers copy before that. One of the first couple of electronic albums I really dug as a (pre-)teen, so the nostalgic factor is through the roof with this one.

Nice! Have this on CD but it's nice to see it get out in the wild again. Always loved how each disc had a distinctly different vibe to it. Definitely want to cop the bonus tracks.

Kruder & Dorfmeister always reminds me of the music in crazily priced clothes shops

qft/lol (even if I still like them anyway). It's a shame that they just dropped the mic on K&D after this, though if their subsequent projects are any indication perhaps it was a good idea.

• 5 years later...

^ Nostalgia. I think most people first heard this back in the late '90s/early 00's when this was still fresh, and can associate it with that time. It's definitely better than a lot of the downtempo/trip hop compilations that came and went during that era of electronic music. It was always disc 2>disc 1 for me.

And thanks to this thread, I'm listening to this in probably the first time in 10+ years. Now I just need a bong, some weed, a black light, and a fish tank or an old winamp visualization to stare at to make the nostalgia trip complete!

Edited by zero

RUDE

K&D hold up great, they definitely carved out a signature sound from dub, hiphop, dnb, rnb, jazz, and even classical (dey Vienna bois after all) with a fine blade of masterful production.  Unfortunately in their wake came the seminal Cafe Ibiza Verve Nu-jazz Chillout Sessions Volume 7, which rendered their entire body of work (both up to then and after) null & void.

Every genre has its imitators, but its the originators (your massive attacks, underworlds, orbs) whos'tm'ves albums are still worthwhile revisitations.

Just going to address the elephant in the room, lyrics to Bug Powder Dust are terrible, definite top 5 best production/worst MC tracks of all tiem

19 hours ago, zero said:

And thanks to this thread, I'm listening to this in probably the first time in 10+ years. Now I just need a bong, some weed, a black light, and a fish tank or an old winamp visualization to stare at to make the nostalgia trip complete!

OOFLOL

Edited by BobDobalina
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Apparently they're doing a 25th Anniversary (of what i have no idea, G-stoned EP came out in 93) tour and are going to be playing in NYC and at lolchella.

As evidenced in the video the lads still have it and the show looks hella fun :music:

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, jules said:

K&D apparently have a new album called 1995 coming soon...

well that's a pleasant surprise...I came back into this thread expecting to read how they'd re-released K&D sessions again.

and lol at that video 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...