IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Part 2 of SYROBONKERS! is now available

Guest tonfarben

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
on another note , a lot of tracks on syro have more sounds than the equipment used as i utilized A LOT of program changes, each synth responds at diff speeds to pgm changes so a lot of time id have to program a pgm change on the preceding bar of something otherwise the start note would get cut off.
But on things like the korg ps3200 and cs80 you can do near instant pgm chnges, and so u can make them like wavetable synths, cs80 looks especially awesome when you sweep all the presets back & fwd knight rider style while playing all the sounds consecutively.
Trouble is when you go to a diff pgm sound, u usually want to eq that differently, so in more recent traks after syro where ive used a lot of pgm changes ive bothered to route the output into an audio matrix switcher so when i switch programs the sequencer will simultaneously route the audio to another eq!
fucking A N A L! never would have done that when i was 16.

*scanners animated gif.*

so nice! funny to recognize some of those modular tracks he's shared, as i heard them in his live sets, that chaos rave one and the last one sound familiar to me! like herr jan says, i'm so excited about the mixes with weirdcore, really hope to see/hear this soon :-)!!

Whoa, well spotted! I remember that chaos rave one vividly from the STRP gig in 2009. He opened with that!

edit: could also be dark rave, their pretty similar. One of those anyway :)

yes strp 2009, exactly :-)!

Just gathering some stats on the soundcloud tracks:

Downloadable tracks: 51

Non-Downloadable tracks: 4

Total: 55

Tags: Artist = afx: 38

Album = SYROBONKERS! Interview Trax: 37

Genre = afx: 25

Genre = afx jnr: 4

Genre = afx concrete: 1

Correct?

I just wanted to put music out there in the mainstream which has been made for the right reasons, coz its definitely in short fucking supply!

Hell yeah, my man.

Sweet interview, btw. Loving the tracks on this one.

on another note , a lot of tracks on syro have more sounds than the equipment used as i utilized A LOT of program changes, each synth responds at diff speeds to pgm changes so a lot of time id have to program a pgm change on the preceding bar of something otherwise the start note would get cut off.
But on things like the korg ps3200 and cs80 you can do near instant pgm chnges, and so u can make them like wavetable synths, cs80 looks especially awesome when you sweep all the presets back & fwd knight rider style while playing all the sounds consecutively.
Trouble is when you go to a diff pgm sound, u usually want to eq that differently, so in more recent traks after syro where ive used a lot of pgm changes ive bothered to route the output into an audio matrix switcher so when i switch programs the sequencer will simultaneously route the audio to another eq!
fucking A N A L! never would have done that when i was 16.

*scanners animated gif.*

this guy is crazy

Guest tonfarben

What the hell is he talking about here?

guitar music freaks me out , coz i look at a guitar, i bought one couple years ago, ha , coz i thought it was about only instrument i didnt have lying around the house.
and think why the fuck do people stick to 12TET, its ultra boring and guitars like most stringed instruments beg to be re-tuned, its so easy compared to most synths,

Retune a guitar? That would involve rearranging the frets, due to the physics of how a guitar works! Not an easy task...

Most other common stringed instruments have no frets, like violin and so on, so your finger position determines the tune of the string being swinging, which basically means there is no need for "retuning". Just put the finger elsewhere if you want that.

Is he missing the concept of these instruments, or trying to trick us? Or maybe just testing us if we as readers simply nod to everything he says instead of thinking about it. Basically as an experiment of his "mindless controlled mass" ideas.

I am courious... :dry:

Or maybe I just didn´t understand it right because english is not my native tongue. :shrug:

guitar music freaks me out , coz i look at a guitar, i bought one couple years ago, ha , coz i thought it was about only instrument i didnt have lying around the house.

and think why the fuck do people stick to 12TET, its ultra boring and guitars like most stringed instruments beg to be re-tuned, its so easy compared to most synths,

Retune a guitar? That would involve rearranging the frets, due to the physics of how a guitar works! Not an easy task...

Most other common stringed instruments have no frets, like violin and so on, so your finger position determines the tune of the string being swinging, which basically means there is no need for "retuning". Just put the finger elsewhere if you want that.

Is he missing the concept of these instruments, or trying to trick us? Or maybe just testing us if we as readers simply nod to everything he says instead of thinking about it. Basically as an experiment of his "mindless controlled mass" ideas.

I am courious... :dry:

Or maybe I just didn´t understand it right because english is not my native tongue. :shrug:

he could just buy this

[youtubehd]MYK_PF9WTRE[/youtubehd]

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_guitar_tunings

Nothing stopping you doing it by ear and making your own up too.

Archived