IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Part 2 of SYROBONKERS! is now available

Guest tonfarben

Guest tonfarben

What the hell is he talking about here?

guitar music freaks me out , coz i look at a guitar, i bought one couple years ago, ha , coz i thought it was about only instrument i didnt have lying around the house.

and think why the fuck do people stick to 12TET, its ultra boring and guitars like most stringed instruments beg to be re-tuned, its so easy compared to most synths,

Retune a guitar? That would involve rearranging the frets, due to the physics of how a guitar works! Not an easy task...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_guitar_tunings

Nothing stopping you doing it by ear and making your own up too.

Sorry, but this is not what he nor I meant. All these "tunings" on the wikipedia page derive from a twelve halftone scale, what he is talking about in the context of the interview are microtunings. That means for example ten halftones to reach an octave. This example would mean you equally divide the octave into ten instead twelve tones. I don´t know if this example sounds good, but there are definetely some divisions that do. Another interesting thing would be the colundi sequence releases Aleksi Perälä did. Click "research" on this page: http://www.ovuca.com

Due to the frets a guitar has, these alternate tunings would be impossible because the frets always divide each string of the guitar into twelve tones, the halftones everybody uses in western u-music. :-)

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to the frets a guitar has, these alternate tunings would be impossible because the frets always divide each string of the guitar into twelve tones, the halftones everybody uses in western u-music. :-)

I've seen some silly gooses file down their fret boards though, so I guess there's nothing to stop them from then putting back frets in different positions & quantities.

HOW ARE WE NOT MORE EXCITED AND HOW DO I NOT SEE A DEDICATED THREAD ON THIS NEW COLLECTION OF "UNRELEASED RDJ TRACKS"?? This is incredible.. We should unofficially title this collection ourselves and refer to it as "something".

I've seen some silly gooses file down their fret boards though, so I guess there's nothing to stop them from then putting back frets in different positions & quantities.

What's wrong with fretless guitars? Wouldn't one of those allow one to do all the tunings you could thing of?

HOW ARE WE NOT MORE EXCITED AND HOW DO I NOT SEE A DEDICATED THREAD ON THIS NEW COLLECTION OF "UNRELEASED RDJ TRACKS"?? This is incredible.. We should unofficially title this collection ourselves and refer to it as "something".

bonkatudinal

but regarding this weird end though, do someone have a clue what we're supposed to believe? it's like we don't have a clue if this interview is real. Honestly I doubt it's not but wow it's quite mental to do that after releasing THAT much information...

aphex 2014

Fun to read he knows about Vosim;

also check this out on the dutch speech synthesis tip, i got it from Steim about 15 years ago, VOSIM voice simulation sound synthesis,
iits based on the idea that by employing repeating tone-burst signals of variable pulse duration and variable delay, a sound output of high linguistic and musical expressive power can be obtained :)

Obligatory Sonology synthesis stuff we had to exploit in school, here's an excellent book on signal theory which explain the technicalities behind it (somewhere in the pdf :)) if you wish to use the maths and recreate digitally in max/msp or whatever; http://monoskop.org/images/f/fb/Tempelaars_Stan_ed_Signal_Processing_Speech_and_Music.pdf

There's also a couple vsti, but I don't find 'em that convincing sounding;

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=334579

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=188962

but regarding this weird end though, do someone have a clue what we're supposed to believe? it's like we don't have a clue if this interview is real. Honestly I doubt it's not but wow it's quite mental to do that after releasing THAT much information...

aphex 2014

just a "hey Dave, lets fuck with these buttholes for reading such a lengthy, intricately laced out article by saying it wasn't even me answering questions"

Ridley Scott: "Brilliant"

aphex 2014

just a "hey Dave, lets fuck with these buttholes for reading such a lengthy, intricately laced out article by saying it wasn't even me answering questions"

yes of course he must do something like this after an interview like this... It's no surprise it's made after the album release in a move to gain interest and clicks again and then - after releasing so much info and tracks, plant the doubt that it all just was someone else all along anyway... zzzzzzzzz just try to make a half-decent track again, ok?

aphex 2014

yes of course he must do something like this after an interview like this... It's no surprise it's made after the album release in a move to gain interest and clicks again and then - after releasing so much info and tracks, plant the doubt that it all just was someone else all along anyway... zzzzzzzzz just try to make a half-decent track again, ok?

Well of course nothing is ever enough for the guy named entropy

:dadjoke:

Hm, odd, the download for the Reverse Rhubarb Orchestra recording has this comment on it.

00000000 00000210 000009F7 00000000010DC279 00000000 00F49854 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

Hm, odd, the download for the Reverse Rhubarb Orchestra recording has this comment on it.

00000000 00000210 000009F7 00000000010DC279 00000000 00F49854 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

the comment on the download of CIRCLONT4A[plydslow]+N[unmastered] gives a link to a 9-11 truther youtube vid

won't be surprised if this code leads to a similar yawnsville

I wonder how many of the new hip guys of the scene are reading this, thinking: man, this man knows so much more than I do about music making...

Obviously, if this interview shows anything, it's that Richard is extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of music making. I'm glad he has finally decided to share some of his musical wisdom. This interview is like a gold mine for other composers.

Archived