IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Part 2 of SYROBONKERS! is now available

Guest tonfarben

"i hope colin does really well out of it, he deserves to , guys a genius and he's got my gx1 still for midi -ing!"

http://www.sequentix.com/gx1/

Wow, what an incredible beast of a synth(s)! And those programmer panels :wang:

You'd need something like an armored car and trailer to get that to the local repair guy.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so are the numbers at the end of track titles the number of versions it went through? synthacon 9 versus synthacon 1 on soundcloud

minpops has 66 previous versions then? bloody hell , but considering its 7+ years old it does make sense. i really would like to hear earlier versions of track 2 and 9

Guest bitroast

There needs to be more love for T08+4. It's incredibubble.

o defs! possbly my favourite of the bunch if i had to single out a favourite (altho theres plenty of interesting/fun shit in here:)

same goes T13 quadraverb.. those two tracks are killer.

they almost look a tad more mastered and mixed down then the other ones (it actually looks mastered??).

i guess this are a bit more finished than the rough take demo qualities of the others.

Guest bitroast

actually.. Threnody To the Victims of Hiroshima looks mastered too? and doesn't sound like a straight up live recorded rehearsal/performance (ala pendulum track).

i wonder why it wasn't included on this release/similar release..

http://www.discogs.com/Jonny-Greenwood-Krzysztof-Penderecki-Threnody-For-The-Victims-Of-Hiroshima-Popcorn-Superhet-Receiver/master/488868

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38S2u_Lwe4E#t=320

^ starting around 5:20

managed to record aphex twin DROPPING his latest new old track wWINDOW PEEPER when he played live at future music festival in melbs 2012.

^-^ was listening to the soundcloud tracks today yeah-huh and couldn't help recognise that drum beat + gun shots from the live show :)

Lol nice one 8-) Funny how trax like this never got picked out as unreleased aphex

yea nice spotting. I loved that window peeper tune from the first play and I think it may be partially due to having heard it countless times in that set, just that little bit of it. either way, terrific vintage aphex there

Guest bitroast

don't know, but if the fucking drummer from Radiohead beat me to the punch of releasing something that specific, i'd probably not bother releasing it either

heh the radiohead guitarist did his own interpretation of the piece as part of the same live show. greenwoods piece and aphexs were played together.

in regards to the pendulum piece, from the interview part 1;

'Reich loved it and said it was like i had all the different parts of the orchestra as feedback tones.

He wanted to release it on nonsuch but i never got around to sorting the masters out, still havnt, rather do another gig.'

hehe. i'm sure it doesn't matter or the answer is super simple and straight forward, i'm just curious that the Threnody To the Victims of Hiroshima looks and sounds super clean and mastered and probably had an opportunity for being released but wasn't ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38S2u_Lwe4E#t=320

^ starting around 5:20

managed to record aphex twin DROPPING his latest new old track wWINDOW PEEPER when he played live at future music festival in melbs 2012.

^-^ was listening to the soundcloud tracks today yeah-huh and couldn't help recognise that drum beat + gun shots from the live show :)

Lol nice one 8-) Funny how trax like this never got picked out as unreleased aphex

yea nice spotting. I loved that window peeper tune from the first play and I think it may be partially due to having heard it countless times in that set, just that little bit of it. either way, terrific vintage aphex there

'Funny how trax like this never got picked out as unreleased aphex'

oh man, never in a million years would i have guessed... haha

don't know, but if the fucking drummer from Radiohead beat me to the punch of releasing something that specific, i'd probably not bother releasing it either

Jonny Greenwood is lead guitar/keyboards.

This is incredible to have so much unreleased goodness!

Same! Total of 55 new tracks, plus the two YT vids... Absolutely mental. So. Much. Good. Stuff. That Synthacon1 track <3

So in terms of announcements: besides the mix sets he's planning (really hope this'll be realized!), he also mentioned something about working with a band? Not worth yet ANOTHER speculation thread, but what could this be :)?

Thanks again Richard & Dave for this unique insight!

Hey Herr Jan (or anyone who may know) I am not aware of these Youtube tracks. May you please link them?

Jonny Greenwood is lead guitar/keyboards.

This is incredible to have so much unreleased goodness!

whoops my bad, as you can tell I love the shit out of the 'Head

Same! Total of 55 new tracks, plus the two YT vids... Absolutely mental. So. Much. Good. Stuff. That Synthacon1 track

So in terms of announcements: besides the mix sets he's planning (really hope this'll be realized!), he also mentioned something about working with a band? Not worth yet ANOTHER speculation thread, but what could this be :)?

Hey Herr Jan (or anyone who may know) I am not aware of these Youtube tracks. May you please link them?

Hopefully I didn't get your hope up too much, I just meant the two vids that Warp posted that were in part 1 of the Noyzelab interview, the Pendulum vids :)

Same! Total of 55 new tracks, plus the two YT vids... Absolutely mental. So. Much. Good. Stuff. That Synthacon1 track <3

Hopefully I didn't get your hope up too much, I just meant the two vids that Warp posted that were in part 1 of the Noyzelab interview, the Pendulum vids :)

Ah, thanks for clearing that up!

Archived