IGNORED

new squarepusher show (with new material) in march

d-a-m-o

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK so the Netherland dates are Orchestrated Ufabulum shows. Still don't know about the gig in France, because it's a month after the Netherlands, and 2 days before the Barbican. Don't know if it'll be a rehearsal of the new show or something like that...Asked him the question on his FB page but still waiting for an answer :(

Also : Shobaleader part. 2 would be a really nice way to start 2015 :squarepusher:

it's kind of sad because i used to be a huge fan, but i find it hard to get excited about new squarepusher material these days.

177a1_ORIG-huge_fan.jpg

yes

it's sucks having this non excitement feeling

i blame a lot of it on success,high end gear and too much money-see the success part again

that maniacal crazed searching seems gone

it's kind of sad because i used to be a huge fan, but i find it hard to get excited about new squarepusher material these days.

177a1_ORIG-huge_fan.jpg

yes

i blame a lot of it on success,high end gear and too much money-see the success part again

I have to agree :( The last two I just wasn't all that fond of. Not bad , but I noticed I was using it as background music a lot. I'm used to SP's music being so crazy/interesting/emotional/complex that I couldn't believe it. He's "allowed" to mellow out of course.. but just wish it was more interesting. (like Syro for example, clearly more controlled but still an interesting and unique ride)

177a1_ORIG-huge_fan.jpg

yes

I have to agree :( The last two I just wasn't all that fond of. Not bad , but I noticed I was using it as background music a lot. I'm used to SP's music being so crazy/interesting/emotional/complex that I couldn't believe it. He's "allowed" to mellow out of course.. but just wish it was more interesting. (like Syro for example, clearly more controlled but still an interesting and unique ride)

same here. ufabulum was a huge letdown. And please no more leds mask ! :catrage:

I've not been let down before so hope not to be this time. Just hoping for no more flashing really fucking bright lights. Both Ufabulum and Just a Souvenir made my eyes water.

Sometimes I think watmm has a problem with Squarepusher. And I think I can be counted amongst them. As nobody really has a clue where the compass needle is going to settle. Will it be on the direction of awesome or the direction of so-so?

One of my biggest regrets is not going to his warp20 set, then again I get the niggling feeling I could pay to go to this and sit there and regret even getting on the train. La-la-la-la.

Guest teetime

[youtubehd]5X0XOC_Dbgg[/youtubehd]

Full Live Band! Best of all squarepusher worlds. Its about time! I think his japan benefit concert was among his very best.

he's playing bangface weekender i guess that will be an all out rave show - the crowd there wouldn't listen to noodling

barbican is more likely to be a noodlefest, although when he played tundra 4 at the royal festival halll man that was fucking as awesome as sitting down can get

Guest teetime

he's playing bangface weekender i guess that will be an all out rave show - the crowd there wouldn't listen to noodling

barbican is more likely to be a noodlefest, although when he played tundra 4 at the royal festival halll man that was fucking as awesome as sitting down can get

Bangface Rave Material.

[youtubehd]d1ndjCtBn1w[/youtubehd]

177a1_ORIG-huge_fan.jpg

yes

same here. ufabulum was a huge letdown. And please no more leds mask ! :catrage:

Fuck Leds, more light bulbs.

From an artistic point of view I can understand that one wants to try something new than to stick to some old form he has done for ages. No matter how much we would love to have Go Plastic pt.2 Tom might be utterly bored doing such stuff. There’s a thin line between experimenting and being lost though. I don’t know which the case with Tom is, but going back and forth between the band aspect and on the other hand ditching his bass guitar completely with Ufabulum is giving me an impression that Tom isn’t really sure where he wants to go with Squrepusher. Might be that he’s just trying something new and experimenting. And who says this will suck hard? This might turn out to be something insane. Sadly I haven’t been convinced this far. Like some of you I too think that the whole led thing backfired. It might have worked better when seeing it live but like…no.

Ah well, it really shouldn’t matter what he prefers to do these days since I can always go back to listen to the older stuff. I’m slightly afraid though that if I want some never-heard drill stuff I have to put my hopes to his archives. It’s a pity since he was so good at mastering his style back in the day.

Archived