IGNORED

Christ. - 'Curio'

Ifeelspace

Cool, Joyrex. I really hope this happens. As he's said numerous times, he's not going to make a profit on this; it's for the fans. For fuck's sake, there really should be more fans--I get that maybe his project name makes him hard to google or maybe it offends some people, but seriously. His music is always quality. As sick as he must be of hearing the boards connection, the similarities to their early stuff is pretty striking.

BOC fans, get on this. Fans of good music should get on this, too!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh yeah, love that one! Stood out to me as well when I first heard it. Would be great to have this all on vinyl,I really hope it happens.

Needs more exposure though! Where is FACT when you need em?

• 2 weeks later...

I've just pre-ordered/backed, so only 41 others have, is that right? Crazy if so, where are all the boc fans

That's what I've been saying now, for years. Seriously, this guy deserves more attention. His work almost always gives me the goosebumps. I know he doesn't appreciate the BOC comparisons, but come on. He's great in his own right, but I can't conceive of someone being a big boc fan and not loving christ.'s stuff, too.

Quote from the Twoism topic on this, by the person who conducted the above interview:

I just interviewed christ. about this. As a bonus question (not published), I asked if it's true that Melissa Juice is one of his tunes. He said: "not legally."

To be fair to Chris Horne, he could've attempted to cash in at least a little bit on the BoC association over the years in order to promote his own music. I've coughed up for the Curio vinyl, but sadly it's looks doomed.

I don't know, seeing as how every single press release, interview, review since Pylonesque has mentioned BoC (usually in the same sentence as the man's introduction) I think the idea of further defining your own work by past associations like that would be pretty unappealing. I think there's obviously traces in his stuff that feel a bit Boardsy, but all things considered, I think he and Fieldtriqp sound more closely related.

Anyway, ramble ramble grumble grumble.

To be fair to Chris Horne, he could've attempted to cash in at least a little bit on the BoC association over the years in order to promote his own music. I've coughed up for the Curio vinyl, but sadly it's looks doomed.

Hopefully not, 6 more copies sold since I backed it 2 days ago.

Yeah I think it's possible! Just gotta sell about 2 more a day. Seems like its picking up a little steam!

I just don't understand how someone on here could listen to Curio and not want it on vinyl. This shit is fantastic. Very few artists can nail that eerie, broken, lonely feeling like Christ can. Let alone with such limited equipment!

Aw fack, went ahead and ordered this! I didn't plan to buy it as the budget's pretty tight, but stray WATMM peer pressure made me crack... Either way, I really did want this project to succeed. Ordered two copies too, so I can put that shit up on Discogs for a few hundreds that I so truly deserve give it to a friend who's also into this stuff.

I'll give anyone from this post forward who supports the Curio vinyl with a free 1 year extension or subscription on WATMM. Good music like this deserves our support!

Listened to this for the first time today and loved it. Need a few more listens to decide whether I'm gonna buy it or not, but it looks very likely.

You also get a digital download code with your vinyl :wink:

Archived