5 hours ago, very honest said:

uh

Scientists Believe These Photos Show Mushrooms on Mars—and Proof of Life

https://www.popularmechanics.com/space/moon-mars/amp36356445/mushrooms-on-mars-nasa-photos-life-on-mars/

image.thumb.png.4a5843a99853b493e4c777bd39b884e8.png

screen-shot-2021-05-07-at-9-26-35-am-162

Might also be a geological process, or a chemical reaction, or just even large spherical particles, right?

Also this: Rhawn Joseph, the author of the original paper, has made dubious claims about extraterrestrial life before in self-published pseudoscientific books and journals.
Also some Quotes from his publications:
"...Contrary to Darwinism […] the evidence now clearly indicates, that the evolution of life had been genetically predetermined and precoded…"
"...I embrace the theory of evolution but reject Darwinism and the theory of the Big Bang. My views are the antithesis of that held by theologians, the Church, and the scientific establishment. The theory of the Big Bang is creationism; i.e., the universe is finite and was created. An eternal, infinite universe, does not require a creator, and this is my position. Most theologians and certainly the Church believe life on Earth originated on Earth, as detailed in the Bible, after a creator god blessed Earth with life giving powers. I believe the evidence demonstrates conclusively that life on Earth came from other planets..."
"...Biologically, females serve one purpose: to get pregnant..."

A counter-article on cnet:
https://www.cnet.com/news/the-fungus-on-mars-and-the-man-who-thinks-he-found-life-on-other-planets/

The theory of panspermia still is an interesting idea though, but we should take a more scientific approach to research it and to find actual prove of it.

Anyway, we won't know what these bobbles are for sure until we sample and analyze them.
It's an interesting natural phenomenon worth studying no matter if it's extraterrestrial life (it's probably not, but it could be) or not.

Edited by MaartenVC
  • Like 2

On 5/8/2021 at 4:29 AM, very honest said:

uh

Scientists Believe These Photos Show Mushrooms on Mars—and Proof of Life

https://www.popularmechanics.com/space/moon-mars/amp36356445/mushrooms-on-mars-nasa-photos-life-on-mars/

image.thumb.png.4a5843a99853b493e4c777bd39b884e8.png

screen-shot-2021-05-07-at-9-26-35-am-162

bet you 500 bitcoins this is caused by humans sending probes on mars with impossibly small traces of bacteria/spores of mould.

• Farnsworth 1

On 3/4/2021 at 9:55 AM, MaartenVC said:

I wrongly assumed that the SpaceX Starships were the first fully reusable launch vehicles, but apparently there were already functional prototypes of fully reusable launch vehicles built in the '90s!

DC-XA.jpg

McDonnell Douglas Delta Clipper
"The DC-X, short for Delta Clipper or Delta Clipper Experimental, was an uncrewed prototype of a reusable single-stage-to-orbit launch vehicle built by McDonnell Douglas in conjunction with the United States Department of Defense's Strategic Defense Initiative Organization (SDIO) from 1991 to 1993. Starting 1994 until 1995, testing continued through funding of the US civil space agency NASA. In 1996, the DC-X technology was completely transferred to NASA, which upgraded the design for improved performance to create the DC-XA." ... "...cause for considerable political in-fighting within NASA due to it competing with their home grown Lockheed Martin X-33 / VentureStar project." ... "...cancelled..."
McDonnell Douglas DC-X Launch 8
"On July 7, 1995 a rocket known as the Delta Clipper Experimental (DC-X)  launched into the sky.  This is the world's first fully reusable rocket vehicle. Flight 8 proved that the vehicle could turn over into a re-entry profile and re-orient itself for landing.  This flight took place at the White Sands Missile Range in southern New Mexico."

Beautiful. ♥
It was sub-orbital and didn't carry a lot of payload though, but still: an amazing achievement.
Nasa should've developed it further imo.
(also, most of their tests didn't explode, lol)

My favourite design was the X-33:

Lockheed Martin X-33 - Wikipedia

X-33 Venture Star - Gunter's Space Page

...mostly because of the aerospike engine (and the fact that it just looks cool), which gets rid of the need for 2-stage rockets because it's just as efficient at low altitudes as high (and more fuel efficient overall, allowing for a much greater payload capacity than the DC-X). In the end they had too many manufacturing issues with the fuel tanks, but they solved those problems after the project was cancelled, so will be interesting to see if anyone ever tries again with this design.

Lockheed Martin X-33 - KSP Cinematic - YouTube

• Like 3

13 hours ago, azatoth said:

I can't wait for the Mars Rover Wars of 2030.

Doesn’t the us have like, a bunch of rivers there? They’re just gonna gang up on the Chinese rover. 

19 hours ago, azatoth said:

I can't wait for the Mars Rover Wars of 2030.

Here's a preview:
Sorry for the bad quality; The tv signal has to come all the way from Mars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What if we are living inside a simulation (or any other form of illusion) but the meta-reality above (or around) the illusion (or simulation) is also an illusion (or dream, or simulation) inside another one, but these masks of existence (or non-existence) are able to permeate each other, so that parts of the third meta level of illusion may influence aspects of the first level of illusion (or simulation, or dream), without the second level being informed about it?

This would mean that the gods of each layer would be able to manipulate the lower levels and even ignore their own existence (or non-existence) and act as if they were not there!

Of course this is only a thought experiment, but it might explain why we can’t perceive the higher layers of reality or verify if they exist or not.

I'm currently in one of the lower/inner layers and trying to remind those currently influencing this plane that someone from a further/higher layer might be acting right through me, influencing them back (which again, may be another illusion that has its source in a fourth layer) and that they should be aware of this possibility.

To them, it is just another way to be fooled by the simulation.

But what if they are right? What if the third meta-layer is in fact a simulation and not reality at all?

What then?

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 2