Better Call Saul (spoilers ahoy)

Season 4 Premiere Monday, Aug. 6th @ 9pm.

woot.

edit: synopsis

“In Better Call Saul‘s fourth season,” the official release teases, “Chuck’s death catalyzes Jimmy McGill’s transformation into Saul Goodman. In the wake of his loss, Jimmy takes steps into the criminal world that will put his future as a lawyer — and his relationship with Kim — in jeopardy. Chuck’s death deeply affects former colleagues Howard (Patrick Fabian) and Kim as well, putting the two of them once again on opposite sides of a battle sparked by the Brothers McGill.”

As for Mike, he “takes a more active role as Madrigal Electromotive’s newest (and most thorough) security consultant. It’s a volatile time to be in Gus Fring’s employ, as Hector’s collapse sends shock waves throughout the Albuquerque underworld and throws the cartel into chaos — tearing apart both Gus and Nacho’s well-laid plans. While Gus changes course, Nacho finds himself in the crosshairs of deadly forces.”

Edited by olo
  • Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Season 1 was kind of perfect. But season 2 and 3 felt like one actual season of TV content spreeeeeeaaaaaddddd out into two seasons to make things reeeaaaallllyyyy sllllllooooooowwww.

Season 3 of Preacher has been a real slog so far. I never liked Jesse, but he is becoming insufferable. Sadly, Tulip is becoming the same. Just really annoyed viewing at this point. Pick it up guys.

Edited by olo

Season 1 was kind of perfect. But season 2 and 3 felt like one actual season of TV content spreeeeeeaaaaaddddd out into two seasons to make things reeeaaaallllyyyy sllllllooooooowwww.

I really like the pacing of the show (like the scene of Mike shooting at the baskets for letting the cocaine fall on the Helado truck), for me it's really on that aspect where BSC hits hard compared to other series. Yesterday I started a second watch of S3 and it's still so captivating even if we know the story. The direction, photography, acting and situations, not only are flawless, but truly special and different in the best way possible.

Anyway, I don't know if a 5th season was necessary, the 4th probably could have been enough to clear the events and finish to make the links to Breaking Bad, but if this can avoid a Game of Throne situation-like where they travel almost at the speed of light, it's good news.

i think it would be great if it runs past the breaking bad timeline. 

s5 could be what saul and mike were dealing with behind the scenes of jesse and walt being of fannies in an RV.

Man, that was brutally cold of Jimmy at the end. And it still leaves a lot up for interpretation. Is he in denial or shock? Is he happy that the guilt and blame can go to Hamlin instead of himself? Or is he just following his brother's advice to not feel remorse for the shitty things he  does?

Man, that was brutally cold of Jimmy at the end. And it still leaves a lot up for interpretation. Is he in denial or shock? Is he happy that the guilt and blame can go to Hamlin instead of himself? Or is he just following his brother's advice to not feel remorse for the shitty things he does?

I thought so too. I paused the show when we was walking over to his fish tank and had to ask my roommate if he was smiling. And then he fed his fish... And then the whistling... Fuck. So cold.

I have no idea if he's in denial or shock or what...

If not, he's got some pretty serious issues that I'd love to see the writers dive into.

One episode in and this season looks like it's going to be fucking fantastic.

=D

Mike's money was being laundered through Madrigal by Gus, paying Mike as a "security consultant". My understanding of the episode last night is that when Mike got the check for $10K, he broke into Madrigal to do some actual security consulting in case they were caught down the line, or he was just bored of staring at his TV.

Mike's money was being laundered through Madrigal by Gus, paying Mike as a "security consultant". My understanding of the episode last night is that when Mike got the check for $10K, he broke into Madrigal to do some actual security consulting in case they were caught down the line, or he was just bored of staring at his TV.

Jesus, it's like I didn't watch a single episode. This is what happens when you binge watch Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul in the span of two weeks and don't come back to it in more than a year.

BCS is a good show. Some great scenes last night. I want to know what that letter from Chuck says as much as I want to hear the Collapse EP.

Two scenes are in spanish but not subtitled... (the one at the hospital with the doctor coming from John Hopkins and when Nacho is waiting for his father at the garage). Any idea what they are saying?