IGNORED

Chris Cunningham

Business

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting tidbit from the recent Aphex Twin Groove interview:

19. Gernot Bronsert (Moderat): Who is “Rubber Johnny”?

Chris Cunningham – who did the video – should answer that question. But it’s him who’s playing the guy in the wheelchair. I would like to work with him again, but he lives in Los Angeles now. I’ve talked to him several times, so there might be something happening. I remember him telling me he does a zombie film and then he decided not to release it, cause there was another zombie film coming out. I think he’s too sensitive.”

• 7 months later...

Wtf is Chris even doing lately? Where's that fucking album that was supposed to have the Gil-Scott remix and other remixes and originals that he supposedly started working on like 6 years ago?!

Wtf is Chris even doing lately? Where's that fucking album that was supposed to have the Gil-Scott remix and other remixes and originals that he supposedly started working on like 6 years ago?!

i find it really frustrating to read about what he´s doing all the time in interviews and then nothing happens except of 1 video every 2-3 years.

his live music sounds incredible so far and he has some crazy ideas but without an proper release its useless :(

• 11 months later...

It'd be brilliant if there was some impossible way to have Vangelis and Cunningham work the sound for the new installment of blade runner! If that's still happening, I hope it doesn't suck

Convenient for this to happen a month or so after RDJ prises the Windowlicker 'scratch' track from CC.

CC didn't make the 'scratch' track...

afx mentioned he had the master though, when he was asked on the soundcloud if he would upload it.

cunningham was/is married to/dating the chic from warpaint and did their doc as well as a music video or two possibly

I think he also does commercial work from time to time to pay the bils

I thought the music/sounds on the japparatus project were really nice. sounded like windowlicker era aphex, possibly got some production tips from him or just copied him.

japparatus sound super racist though. dunno why he chose that name.

anyway, would love to see some film work from him again

japparatus sound super racist though. dunno why he chose that name.

It's jaqapparatus though...

oh I googled it to spell check but it came up so I assumed it was right the way I had it

Convenient for this to happen a month or so after RDJ prises the Windowlicker 'scratch' track from CC.

What?!

CC didn't make the 'scratch' track...

2015: Rich said he couldn't upload the scratch track to SC, as he gave the master to Cunningham all those years back.

2016: Rich tells us that he has the master again, implying he's recently met/been in talks with CC.