nature

Bought both new tapes at Clone. Almost went for the digital version of the new Smackos because of all the cool extra's, but I already have all the other Nightwind tapes... OCD wins (speaking of, too bad these new ones don't come on those cool plastic tape boxes like the others). 

Wanted to order the tapes as well but the shipping (inside nl) that clone charges is ridiculous imho. Hope to be able to pick them up elsewhere.

Don't know how regularly you buy physical releases but you can always have them reserve it for you until your order reaches € 75 and you get free shipping. Not very practical if it takes you six months to spend € 75 in their store of course, but it works for me, I can't remember the last time I paid shipping on a Clone order.

Speaking of OCD I caved and also ordered the Ufocus vinyl, having given up hope for a tape release of that one, and am now suffering from severe completionist/double-dipping tendencies for the entire label.  :catcry: 

Don't know how regularly you buy physical releases but you can always have them reserve it for you until your order reaches € 75 and you get free shipping. Not very practical if it takes you six months to spend € 75 in their store of course, but it works for me, I can't remember the last time I paid shipping on a Clone order.

Speaking of OCD I caved and also ordered the Ufocus vinyl, having given up hope for a tape release of that one, and am now suffering from severe completionist/double-dipping tendencies for the entire label.  :catcry:

That's good to know, but I'm pretty cheap and picky and so don't buy much music, and when I do it usually isn't physical anymore. But, it's good to have that knowledge in case there are some good releases worth grabbing together  :music:

That's good to know, but I'm pretty cheap and picky and so don't buy much music, and when I do it usually isn't physical anymore. But, it's good to have that knowledge in case there are some good releases worth grabbing together  :music:

The free shipping from € 75 is Benelux and Germany only... but from anywhere else in the world you can still combine orders and pay the shipping only once of course.

OK, I got the two tapes ánd bought the digital Smackos album because I wanted to solve the code with the extra information in the digital package. Took us a few hours yesterday, but we (span and me) solved the puzzle. I emailed Danny and just got back that I was the 5th person to 'crack the code'... I underestimated his fanbase. Now waiting for my prize :)

@Vasio: that track is amazing, but it's definitely not the only one on there (but knowing your eternal complaining ultra-pessimism I'll just take that with a grain of salt).

OK, I got the two tapes ánd bought the digital Smackos album because I wanted to solve the code with the extra information in the digital package. Took us a few hours yesterday, but we (span and me) solved the puzzle. I emailed Danny and just got back that I was the 5th person to 'crack the code'... I underestimated his fanbase. Now waiting for my prize :)

he replied just an hour after I sent him the code this morning, told me to give him my address :^) it was a fun little game

the album is also really nice, great for a late night walk/drive

I can understand the love for Slow Tape Life; it's a standout in that it has a beat and sounds like something he could have done 15 years ago which is probably why vasio likes it so much.

I think the album really hits a streak from Picnic In A Multiverse onwards though, some crazy good ambient there.

• 2 weeks later...

Teac Life w/bonusses up on Bandcamp. His bestest release, according to me.

Nice.  If I had to choose favorites it'd probably be Pacific Northwest Sasquatch Research or The Cambridge Library Murders (just in general I tend to like his side project stuff a bit more than the Legowelt stuff) but this is right up there.

• 1 month later...

Fucking love the artwork and the title(s), samples sound quite fresh, not really convinced but I think it'll be a grower. As long as he'll not forget about releasing those Satomi Taniyama tracks next tbh, those are so good...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished it, it's great. Too bad about the butt ugly artwork this label has (as well as the reputation of being a fraud when this guy released that Biosphere 12" without Geirs knowledge or approval).

• 2 months later...

https://www.intergalactic.fm/shop/main/bontempi-666-berceuses-pour-sara-nightwind-nw015-cassette/

FYI, the Intergalactic FM shop has one copy of NW015 left in stock as I write this. Didn't even know this actually existed until someone added it to Discogs a while back, and I haven't seem them for sale online anywhere else before.