nature

• 1 month later...

Just got Legowelt Classics 1998 - 2003 from my local plastic slinger, had no idea this was coming out (repress apparently?) So many great things on here, Strange Girl is a fucking great track. Damn. 

Edited by user

Enter the STAR SHEPHERD a synth I Build/bent/hacked/modified from old guitar pedals FX and EQ boxes, a small AM radio and a 1981 Casio 403 keyboard. The oscillator section is made out of  Pitchshifter/Harmonizers/Sub Octavers and a graphic EQ pedal to create complex harmonic tones – transmorphed from the simple keyboard sounds fed by the Casio. The sound then goes through a bunch of circuitbend Analog delays, reverbs, Tremolos & Vibratos (figuring as makeshift LFO sources) and Wahwah pedals as filters. The AM radio is figuring as a  random noise source. There is also a very simple keyboard style ‘sequencer’ made from a looper pedal.

The case is made out of cheap plywood and everything is held together with screws, glue and tape. There are also some LED strips pulsating from the inside for some extra intense magic.

It is very noisey, crackley and sometimes starts doing its own thing like some sentient synthesizer being that is alive. This makes it quite an adventerous experience.

And of course, it's not just some weird circuit-bent monster that spits out trash like you might expect given the description, it sounds pretty fucking great. Because this is motherfucking Legowelt being a crazy cool weird music master. Have him and Richard ever met up and hung out? I feel like they're kindred spirits.

that rules.. i love the idea of a synth with a radio in. i'm unfamiliar with legowelt.. was looking through his site just now and.. OH, he made smackos tape station! i love that thing so much but had forgotten where it came from.

Agreed with pizza, Legowelt is required listening. Consistently good and interesting and with more pseudonyms than should be allowed, but he's earned that right. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Some or all of those tunes are from Danny I guess? I don't recognize them. Love that designer's stuff that I've seen over the last year or two, some of it is really awesome. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"Omnibus Babylon EP" coming later this month.

Out Now: Legowelt – Omnibus Babylon EP

https://clone.nl/item52214.html

Rising Sun Systems – Oberheim Space Vinyl Re-Issue

Besides the Omnibus Babylon EP on Clone Records September will see the first vinyl re-issue of the 2015 ambient RISING SUN SYSTEMS – OBERHEIM SPACE album. Original released on my Nightwind Records it is being re-issued by the Australian Solander Recording Company on 2xVinyl with new full colour artwork. In Europe available at HVV amongst some other stores and in Japan at Disk Union.

Edited by iococoi

"Omnibus Babylon EP" coming later this month.

Out Now: Legowelt – Omnibus Babylon EP

https://clone.nl/item52214.html

Rising Sun Systems – Oberheim Space Vinyl Re-Issue

Besides the Omnibus Babylon EP on Clone Records September will see the first vinyl re-issue of the 2015 ambient RISING SUN SYSTEMS – OBERHEIM SPACE album. Original released on my Nightwind Records it is being re-issued by the Australian Solander Recording Company on 2xVinyl with new full colour artwork. In Europe available at HVV amongst some other stores and in Japan at Disk Union.

Ah, I'm definitely picking up the oberheim rerelease, kind of wished he'd kept the original artwork though, much prefer the black cover to the new one.

Was going to order one of the shirts but clone's shipping is just too much for me (think I complained about this before in this thread, sorry about that).

Got his amateur space jazz on a whim a couple of weeks ago, mostly because it was only 15 euro's and the artwork is fenominal (?!), didn't listen before buying and it turned out to be so much better than I expected. Really solid album with great atmospheres and things to experience.   

Held a 2018 repress of the teac life in my hands yesterday, had no idea that was coming. Looked like a really nice package but it was a bit more than I could afford.

To support this beautiful project Legowelt will travel to Switzerland and spend a week or so with the collection – probably with the most obscure pieces – to record an exclusive vinyl album. This album will be available only for those who participate in the kickstarter – and nowhere else – not in shops! Already for CHF(Swiss Franks) 55  you will support the building of the studio and get the exclusive record – for 110 CHF you will get the record, a T-shirt and 4 hours of playing time in the playroom. There are lots more pledges and perks starting from 15 going all the way up to 5000 CHF.  Go check out the kickstarter to participate and for full and indepth information on this project!