nature

Held a 2018 repress of the teac life in my hands yesterday, had no idea that was coming. Looked like a really nice package but it was a bit more than I could afford.

Juno Records have it in stock but haven’t pulled the trigger for the same reason. Want it quite bad though.

Crystal Cult 2080 available on CD still @ Creme’s bandcamp page. Cheaper than digital version and available to stream (and dl, I assume).

Edit: steep postage though...

https://cremeorganization.bandcamp.com/album/crystal-cult-2080-creme-lp-11

Edited by drome

36,50 for the oberheim space repress fuck. Im gonne be eatin oreo's and spam for a while.

Goddamnit that axon remix is one jacking track.

Edited by user

• 2 weeks later...

Also, I made some disco edits myself heavily inspired by Peter Slaghuis’ Disco Breaks II discomix, which is the greatest discomix ever made, around 1980. He would take the cool breaks of the disco records and loop them with a reel-to-reel tape, its so sleazy cut, almost chaos, not perfect that makes it so tense and full with energy and passion. I tried to emulate that a bit in Ableton just slightly cutting them on the wrong place and throwing lots of delay over it. I love putting delay over tracks to intensify certain parts… like you are grabbing the tracks if they were physical things, shake them around and throw them, or rather sprinkle them into space. Something I learned from dub music in the 1990s.

I see Oberheim Space is selling for around the £30 mark. Whiffs of cash-in somewhere down the line. Cannot justify shelling out that much for a standard double-pack. Fuck that.

Legowelt Classics LP on Bunker Repress

The highly sought after Legowelt – Classics 2xLP from 2003 on Bunker records has been repressed! Including early Legowelt hits such as Sturmvogel, Nomium Syndrome, Dirty Love and lots more!  available here at clone and most probably your local dealer too if they aren’t some minimal techno boring wanker store with 2 rows of records and a Banksky poster.

Recorded live during RA's conference program at Dekmantel Festival, the conversation passed through all these facets of Wolfers' identity, giving us a look into the constellation of interests that have shaped an artist who's left a real mark on dance music.

Came here to post that. Danny has such a soothing voice *swoons*

Got some extra hours at work so I just might be treating myself to that oberheim space non-reissue and possibly also teac life as well maybe.

Yeeah, I should probably just suck it up and get back on Facebook again but I've been off all social media since 2015 and it feels great despite the very real social consequences for disconnecting from it. I'd kind of hate to go back, but it has its uses.