nature

Yay for cassette, gotta catch 'em all.

Notice how it's become a full length numbered NW009 though.

According to the Skunkape 'zine NW007 was going to be a Ufocus 12" featuring one track that's apparently not on the album (Computerized Paradise), but that release hasn't materialized (yet).

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone out there happen to own the Klaus Weltman - Cultus Island CD from Strange Life? Just got one in the mail I bought second hand from discogs, and I suspect I got ripped off, but don't want to jump to conclusions with seller. The other Strange Life releases I've picked up had a black underside and the name actually printed onto the disc and the front/back cover was on one piece of cardstock like paper. The Cultus Island CD I received is just a generic silver CD-R with nothing at all on the front and two flimsy pieces of paper for the front/back that seem to be printed from a home color printer. Maybe it was originally like this, as I know these weren't really professionally made, but since it doesn't correspond to the others I have it raised suspicions.

Just thought to look on discogs right now and I see that there were a couple of re-issues and the image of the disc is shown as having print on the front of it. I wonder if I got one of the first batch??

I know I can get this stuff on bandcamp, but thought it was kind of cool to have the original releases as objects--the Strange Life and Nightwind stuff is where it's at in Legowelt's catalogue for me.

Sorry to hi-jack this thread with this!

Does anyone out there happen to own the Klaus Weltman - Cultus Island CD from Strange Life? Just got one in the mail I bought second hand from discogs, and I suspect I got ripped off, but don't want to jump to conclusions with seller. The other Strange Life releases I've picked up had a black underside and the name actually printed onto the disc and the front/back cover was on one piece of cardstock like paper. The Cultus Island CD I received is just a generic silver CD-R with nothing at all on the front and two flimsy pieces of paper for the front/back that seem to be printed from a home color printer. Maybe it was originally like this, as I know these weren't really professionally made, but since it doesn't correspond to the others I have it raised suspicions.

Just thought to look on discogs right now and I see that there were a couple of re-issues and the image of the disc is shown as having print on the front of it. I wonder if I got one of the first batch??

I know I can get this stuff on bandcamp, but thought it was kind of cool to have the original releases as objects--the Strange Life and Nightwind stuff is where it's at in Legowelt's catalogue for me.

Yeah, it's most likely legit. I've got a lot of different Strange Life pressings, from the black undersides to just a blank CDr to a horribly homemade CD shaped sticker stuck on the CDr.

Yeah, it's most likely legit. I've got a lot of different Strange Life pressings, from the black undersides to just a blank CDr to a horribly homemade CD shaped sticker stuck on the CDr.

same here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DKMNTL036 // Occult Orientated Crime – Just A Clown On Crack

A1. Occult Orientated Crime – Bridge Over A Golden Duckpond

A2. Occult Orientated Crime – Japanese Trains

A3. Occult Orientated Crime – Telepatic Consultation

B1. Occult Orientated Crime – Blue Austral

B2. Occult Orientated Crime – Central Coast Drifter

B3. Occult Orientated Crime – Just A Clown On Crack

Format: 12” LP

Release date: 11-05-2016

Pre-order: http://shop.dekmantel.com/

Video by Studio Creme & Bas van der Poel

I always struggled to get into Legowelt, I don't know why but it always seemed like his tracks under various guises were just lacking something for me and were a bit on the boring side. I do quite fondly recall the Beyond The Congo 12" which I really like though. He can space out pretty well at times.

Xosar is a talent in herself, she used to live here in my city south of SF and then moved to NL. I saw them at Monarch SF a while back and he did a surpising set, high energy acid techno...all the neckbeards were uber fucked off but I was loving it. She had an array of Electribes which she was diving very deep into, it was good sort of moody proto-house. I've since seen her performing with Elektron gear and is QG.

He is quite a creative individual though which is respectable and I very much enjoy the order of shadow wolf zines.

Also, his accent is terrible. Maybe his Dutch sounds OK but his american english is pure fart. Not that he can help it really, so I'm kind of punching a blind kid here. Sorry

Funny that you'd mention Beyond The Congo as a favorite if you can't stand his accent. But hey, at least it's still getting better, I noticed in that semi-recent studio tour of his he no longer pronounced oscillators as "oskillators". :smile:

You make a point, but the voice has been filtered and he's only speaking 2 words (congo zomby is the only track i play from this really) in a deep voice.

His attitude is great, dutch accents are just meh, esp. his. As much as I liked his Astro Unicorn shows.....tough.

You make a point, but the voice has been filtered and he's only speaking 2 words (congo zomby is the only track i play from this really) in a deep voice.

:cisfor: 1:30 and onward...

Only got halfway through it on my morning run but sounds promising: https://thump.vice.com/en_us/track/thump-mix-legowelt

Tracklist:

Intro looping/samplerfreaking

George Duke - Follow The Rainbow

Golden Ivy - Time Out

Huerco S

Megga - Herbal Essence

MGUN - Mask

Haf Haf - The Wasabi You Ate

Matrixxman - Secret Garden

Elektrovolt - Nani

DBX - City On The Edge Of Forever

Dollkraut - Fire

RBM - Latinos In Brooklyn

Paranoid London - Light Tunnel

Seven Davis Jr. - Welcome Back

Yoruba Soul Instrumental

Gunnar Haslam - Nevence

Lady Blacktronika - Never Everything

Jordan Fields - Boxbeater

Deo & Z-Man - XTC

UFOCUS - Fun With Fractals

DJ QU - Loveboxxx

Legowelt - Sampling Winter

Joey Anderson - Repulsive

Austin Ceasar - Cloud Hall

Legowelt - Beach Oceano

Only got halfway through it on my morning run but sounds promising: https://thump.vice.com/en_us/track/thump-mix-legowelt

Tracklist:

Intro looping/samplerfreaking

George Duke - Follow The Rainbow

Golden Ivy - Time Out

Huerco S

Megga - Herbal Essence

MGUN - Mask

Haf Haf - The Wasabi You Ate

Matrixxman - Secret Garden

Elektrovolt - Nani

DBX - City On The Edge Of Forever

Dollkraut - Fire

RBM - Latinos In Brooklyn

Paranoid London - Light Tunnel

Seven Davis Jr. - Welcome Back

Yoruba Soul Instrumental

Gunnar Haslam - Nevence

Lady Blacktronika - Never Everything

Jordan Fields - Boxbeater

Deo & Z-Man - XTC

UFOCUS - Fun With Fractals

DJ QU - Loveboxxx

Legowelt - Sampling Winter

Joey Anderson - Repulsive

Austin Ceasar - Cloud Hall

Legowelt - Beach Oceano

Cool. Downloading it now for a listen. Thanks!

Here's an updated discography, along with having some idiotic typos corrected...(like writing Strange Days instead of Strange Life in some entries...)

Looking forward to that UFocus album too. I remember seeing a photo of a synth with an Osiris Hair Salon cassette laying next to it. Maybe that'll come out one of these days too...might be one of the gaps in the Nightwind release numbering?

Danny Wolfers Discography.zip

More Nightwind goodness is in the works:

http://www.concertzender.nl/kraak-helder-special-legowelt/

Kraak Helder special || Legowelt
Published 18 May 2016

On Sunday May 22nd at 20.00 CET we are broadcasting a Kraak Helder special with Legowelt (real name Danny Wolfers), a man who doesn’t need much of an introduction. But if his name doesn’t ring an analog synth bell: Danny Wolfers is a musician from the city of The Hague, Holland. Starting in the early 90s, he has become one of the most prolific and well-known electronic musicians. He describes his musical style as “a hybrid form of slam jack combined with deep Chicago house, romantic ghetto technofunk and EuroHorror Soundtrack.”

13262406_503304209856682_132772058_o-624

Inspired by his obvious and far-reaching talent, Kraak Helder commissioned Danny to create a 40-minute piece for the show, which he composed and performed together with Jimi Hellinga aka Electrovolt on harmonium. Jimi is a music-technology student, an avid tape-loops experimenter, and also plays instruments from the middle-ages such as the hurdy-gurdy and the bagpipe. Together with Danny he formed the project Nacho Patrol in 2011.

Martijn Comes interviewed them in Legowelt’s studio in Scheveningen, The Hague. The piece was recorded under their new pseudonym “Zandvoort and Uilenbal” with the title “Geruis uit Somberdorp”.

The piece will be released on Legowelts’ imprint Nightwind Records, later this year.

^ Bump, it's on now.

EDIT: You should be able to re-listen here but I don't know for how long it will stay up.

Thanks for the heads up, couldn't tune in. Concertzender usually preserves most / all of their broadcasts for as long as they can. There's a lot of 10+ year old shows still available to listen (used to love Arjen Grollemans old shows on there...). In this case I was doubting if it would pop up since it will be released, so who knows!

Here's the link to the source .mp3 anyway:

http://streams.greenhost.nl/cz/cz/rod/20160522-2000.mp3