nature

Yeah, very nice. Don't have it yet so will grab the files off bandcamp now they're up.

Also, I hadn't listened to Rising Sun Systems for ages but put it on last week. I've listened to it every night since then. It seems to have gotten even better since I heard it just after it came out. It is ridiculously good and prob my fav Nightwind release so far. Almost perfect IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of us not buying vinyl it may turn out to be a good Legowelt summer ahead:

Digital version of "Just a clown on crack" on june 13

https://boomkat.com/products/invocations-ii-the-obelisk-of-tj-age-of-apathy-tape-54491a46-a218-48ab-be3a-dbd261823729

Digital version of "Laundromat of yout mind" on july 15

https://boomkat.com/products/laundromat-of-your-mind-ep

Information about the Ufocus album up on Nightwind homepage, which hopefully means it's imminent

http://nightwindrecords.org/

Satomi Taniyama album hinted for june release on Twitter

I'm not sure if posting here will reach very many people who are likely to buy Strange Life releases through discogs, but I've confirmed that one of the sellers is selling fake CDrs. His user name is 'thaneco', and he is selling mostly the Strange Life stuff, but also "Reports..." and Squadra Blanco. Over the last few weeks, pretty much every Strange Life release has been posted by this guy, some more than once. First clue something was up--selling a CDr of the first Occult Orientated Crime album, which was never released on CD. Second clue--a 'mint' copy of Reports from the Backseat Pimp with 'no cover', which has never been sold or offered on discogs in 18 years and had only 50 copies made. mmmm?

I'm interested in getting some of these releases on the original CDr's, so I emailed the guy about my suspicions, here's the exchange (bottom message first in timeline):
------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These are probably fake since I bought them from the same e-bay dealer

On 06/06/16, 05:12AM, KingR81 wrote:
Could you confirm that the Strange Life releases and Squadra Blanco that you are selling are authentic from the label and not homemade duplicates? Thanks.

On 06/06/16, 04:31AM, thaneco wrote:
Its an unofficial release I found for sale on e-bay (probably not authentic). I listen to the cd and its perfect soundwise. The artwork is fine. Let me know if you need it. Thanks

On 06/06/16, 04:07AM, KingR81 wrote:
Hello,

Can you explain the nature of this listing? From all of the information available, this was released on bandcamp only--is this a CDr that you burned yourself? I have considered purchasing some of the Strange Life releases from you that you have posted, but seeing you selling this makes me a bit nervous about their authenticity. Thanks for clearing this up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't really even believe he 'bought them from an ebay seller'... He's been called out in his feedback for selling someone a homemade duped cassette as well.

I asked him later to send me a picture of one of the discs he was selling to make sure that the titled was printed on the front as it shows in the discogs entry picture--guess what...no reply.

I reported this to the people at discogs--it seems it did no good. Pretty despicable behavior ripping people off from their money by using the music of someone else. Hopefully a few people see this and it stops them from buying this guy's stuff.

I'm not sure if posting here will reach very many people who are likely to buy Strange Life releases through discogs, but I've confirmed that one of the sellers is selling fake CDrs. His user name is 'thaneco', and he is selling mostly the Strange Life stuff, but also "Reports..." and Squadra Blanco. Over the last few weeks, pretty much every Strange Life release has been posted by this guy, some more than once. First clue something was up--selling a CDr of the first Occult Orientated Crime album, which was never released on CD. Second clue--a 'mint' copy of Reports from the Backseat Pimp with 'no cover', which has never been sold or offered on discogs in 18 years and had only 50 copies made. mmmm?

I'm interested in getting some of these releases on the original CDr's, so I emailed the guy about my suspicions, here's the exchange (bottom message first in timeline):

------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are probably fake since I bought them from the same e-bay dealer

On 06/06/16, 05:12AM, KingR81 wrote:

Could you confirm that the Strange Life releases and Squadra Blanco that you are selling are authentic from the label and not homemade duplicates? Thanks.

On 06/06/16, 04:31AM, thaneco wrote:

Its an unofficial release I found for sale on e-bay (probably not authentic). I listen to the cd and its perfect soundwise. The artwork is fine. Let me know if you need it. Thanks

On 06/06/16, 04:07AM, KingR81 wrote:

Hello,

Can you explain the nature of this listing? From all of the information available, this was released on bandcamp only--is this a CDr that you burned yourself? I have considered purchasing some of the Strange Life releases from you that you have posted, but seeing you selling this makes me a bit nervous about their authenticity. Thanks for clearing this up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't really even believe he 'bought them from an ebay seller'... He's been called out in his feedback for selling someone a homemade duped cassette as well.

I asked him later to send me a picture of one of the discs he was selling to make sure that the titled was printed on the front as it shows in the discogs entry picture--guess what...no reply.

I reported this to the people at discogs--it seems it did no good. Pretty despicable behavior ripping people off from their money by using the music of someone else. Hopefully a few people see this and it stops them from buying this guy's stuff.

Thanks for the heads up :) I do still browse the label's discogs page occassionally, and I could've easily walked into this trap. Just look at his ratings and what his 'best friend' Giorgio did for him:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/seller_feedback/thaneco

haha--I saw that too--thought it was a bit odd...He's selling tons of CDr releases--most of which I've never heard of, but are probably fake too. It seems he's already sold some of this stuff, because I'll get an email notification (as I have the releases on my 'wantlist'), click on it and see that it's not posted anymore, only to see, via the same means a few days later, that yet ANOTHER copy is posted again in 'mint' condition for a few euros more than the last one. Strangely, in the entries, the 'last sold' section doesn't indicate a recent date, although he for sure has been selling these. Maybe he does it outside of discogs once he's contacted by the seller to make a few more cents on the transaction?...Infuriating...

On UFOCUS:

Cassettes and CD versions are coming later this year due some problems at the Nightwind cassette duplication factory (all Nightwind cassettes and CDs are artisan handmade at the North Sea Institute For The Overmind...almost organic)

Also since I noticed he wrote the alias in all caps I've been mulling over whether you'd pronounce it "u-focus" or "U.F.O.-cus". Damn you Danny! r67deps.gif

Regarding the posting of fake Strange Life CDr's by 'thaneco' on discogs--it is apparent that he is now changing the photos and descriptions of some of the releases to match his fake versions, which I have spent some time this morning reverting. It's one thing try to rip people off, yet another to alter the only document available of these limited releases. Anyone have any idea on how someone can be stopped from doing this??...Reported it to discogs--seems it didn't stop him. Sent an email to Legowelt via the address on his site, no response yet concerning this issue--as someone who 1) cares about this music being represented properly because I think it's great and 2) hate the idea of people getting ripped off, this is a really aggravating situation...

Sent an email to Legowelt via the address on his site

By the way, didn't mean to imply there was a damn thing he could do about it, just thought he might want to know it was going on. Can't imagine artists having time to actually monitor their discogs entries! They've got better things to do like making great music, but us fans gotta do something I suppose...

Sent an email to Legowelt via the address on his site

By the way, didn't mean to imply there was a damn thing he could do about it, just thought he might want to know it was going on. Can't imagine artists having time to actually monitor their discogs entries! They've got better things to do like making great music, but us fans gotta do something I suppose...

Thanks for your efforts dude. It also saddens me to see artists get ripped-off.

It seems in this case it's more that the people buying these are getting ripped off--unless maybe the artists get a cut of discogs sales, which I suppose could be, but I'm not aware of. Pulling down legit photos of the CDs and putting up fakes is a new low to me--could cause a bunch of problems down the road for people selling legit copies. People are, in good faith, buying these because they want to have the original releases (just buying on bandcamp is cheaper and easier), so they are really passionate about the music (as I am)--it's terrible to think of them getting misled by forgeries. The guy doing it is actually a musician too, which kind of makes it even worse somehow (cheese dick 'berlin school' derivative synth garbage).

Regarding the posting of fake Strange Life CDr's by 'thaneco' on discogs--it is apparent that he is now changing the photos and descriptions of some of the releases to match his fake versions, which I have spent some time this morning reverting. It's one thing try to rip people off, yet another to alter the only document available of these limited releases. Anyone have any idea on how someone can be stopped from doing this??...Reported it to discogs--seems it didn't stop him. Sent an email to Legowelt via the address on his site, no response yet concerning this issue--as someone who 1) cares about this music being represented properly because I think it's great and 2) hate the idea of people getting ripped off, this is a really aggravating situation...

I think filing a support request through Discogs is pretty much all you can do. Be patient and prepared to thoroughly make your case before the site staff, they won't ban anyone that lightly, so you'll have to show convincing evidence (selling CDr copies of the files-only OCC album may be a good example).

• 3 weeks later...

Danny Wolfers aka Legowelt is irrepressible. Creativity flows from the Dutchman like water from a tap: if hes not making his own fan magazines, writing and performing in web movies about space weed, drawing album art based on his own dreams or making his own synths, hes probably making music. That music comes under an intricate web of aliases on labels all over the world , and at Dekmantel we recently signed him up as Occult Orientated Crime, one of his more ambient leaning projects, for the May album Just a Clown on Crack. It was a dark and abstract affair and in that spirit Legowelt recorded us a podcast of similarly subversive and immersive sounds.

Over the course of 80 minutes, the mix has you suspended in outer space as all manner of spaceships and alien life forms drift by your window. Rippling synths and smeared pads, gurgling machines and silky melodies all stretch out into the distance and range from rueful and reflective to rather more meaning later on. It is the perfect soundtrack to sooth busy modern minds.

Finally, some new Legowelt merch! Not very cheap at 30 euros / 34 dollars but it is organic fair wear and what have you. See legowelt.com for the details on how to order.

JivOIcO.jpg

Just got mine in the mail already, in neon yellow whatever colour :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1039 met Tapatalk

Care to share what brand/model the shirts are and what the fit is like? (I e-mailed them for measurements because I'm not sure what size to get, but maybe I could find those myself if I knew what the manufacturer was.)