nature

;)

Glad I was here, was a great experience. Even more glad I just found out it has been fully recorded and uploaded for months... Anyway, he just posted the last epic long track on soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/legowelt-official/enkor-annihilation-of-the-ewok-race

...AND a new Smackos remix of Diana Est - Tenax too:

http://www.pacificmicro.org/DianaEst-Tenax%20Smackos%20TR808%20remix.mp3

Only discovered Legowelt recently. Damn he really did float under the radar for the past 1.5 decades. His newer stuff is average but his earlier and mid level stuff is incredible. He is definitely under-appreciated. Kind of glad I discovered him at an older age though, as I don't think I would have appreciated it as much.

"Dare To Dream" is proper......his better produced 4/4 releases remind me a lot of Omar S & Jamal Moss aka Hieroglyphic Being, although i prefer the latter.

1 of his Occult Orientated Crime mixes has been on virtual repeat these last 2 weeks

bloke clearly has loads of ideas, just hope he develops & pushes the spooky atmospheric house sound he's touched on more often cos thats an area with huge potential

Edited by cwmbrancity

and cheers for TOOC lp and Aquirre soundtrack links in t'other fred.....

just as long as Klaus Kinksi doesnt burst in, eyes bulging, during this play back all should be well

Edited by cwmbrancity

The album sounds pretty good judging from the previews on clone, I'm surprised. I usually don't check his stuff any longer since it's all cookie cutter same all noodling but the name and lp title tricked me into listening, I knew it had to be good with a name like that.

Listening to the Saab Knutson on cassette now, it's so fucking good. Thors Haven 9 is easily my fave track and most of it is really oldschool Strange Life ambient, could easily be a Franz Falckenhaus release, maybe some are leftovers from that.

I've been giving his Dark Days record a blast, is this considered his best work at all? there's some really great stuff on here dagnammit!

My mates love that one + the Clone compilation most of Legowelt stuff, I just pick the fave tracks from those 2 Dark Days albums (Decay Dream, Airplanes, etc.). It's all of his old early/mid 90's tracks so kind of incredible to have such quality tracks in those days already.

+1 on the Dark Days love, not that I've listened to it much lately but I used to. When BAKK reissue it I am getting a physical copy for sure. I remember thinking at the time that it had an unusually Aphex-y quality for Legowelt (not sure that I still feel the same way 10 years later with a wider frame of reference). I used to listen to An Obnoxious Affair On Tape while watching the bike battle from Akira a lot for some reason. And I'm sure Lake Distrax off Dark Days 2 was on 1-track-repeat for days on end in my old Ford Fiesta.

• 2 weeks later...

New Legowelt EP on the BAKK label (the Hague)

https://soundcloud.com/bakk-projects/bakk005-legowelt-laundromat-of-your-mind-ep

Samples sound really good.. Again... Damnit.

He's probably headed to the US for his little tour there but this pancake party should be imminent, right? I've just set my Clone reminder.

Really getting a lot of mileage out of Saab Knutson in the meantime, it only seems to get better every time I listen. It's really the superlative of the old Smackos aesthetic and a great soundtrack to the shit weather we've been having here.

• 3 weeks later...

Shit, I meant to post that video here the other day. It's really a fun video. And goddamn am I jealous of his little studio, with those big windows out to a lovely view.

Any clues as to what recorder he uses there? I don't think he specifies beyond it being a high quality cassette recorder.

New Legowelt EP on the BAKK label (the Hague)

Samples sound really good.. Again... Damnit.

He's probably headed to the US for his little tour there but this pancake party should be imminent, right? I've just set my Clone reminder.

Really getting a lot of mileage out of Saab Knutson in the meantime, it only seems to get better every time I listen. It's really the superlative of the old Smackos aesthetic and a great soundtrack to the shit weather we've been having here.

It's in stock @ Clone now: https://clone.nl/item36268.html