nature

He kindly shared some jams with the CS30 for everyone to download here: http://www.pacificmicro.org/Legowelt%20YamahaCS30%20demojams.zip

I see a new cassette in that picture too :) guessing it won't be long until the next album drops!

Scratch that, I see three new cassettes?! One being the Osiris Hair Salon which I completely forgot about. Damn.

New Legowelt EP on the BAKK label (the Hague)

https://soundcloud.com/bakk-projects/bakk005-legowelt-laundromat-of-your-mind-ep

Samples sound really good.. Again... Damnit

Well, at least you have until September to save up. :tongue:

I think he let something slip about them reissuing Dark Days soon as well in one of the NTS podcasts. I never did get around to buying it on CD but I won't pass up a new physical release whatever the format may be.

I'm on the fence about getting that Smackos vinyl, great album too but again I already paid for the files and given how prolific he is and adding the reissues to the mix, it's going to get to a point where I spend more time buying his stuff than actually listening to it... Case in point, got the Calimex tape sitting here for a week or so already, but still haven't played it even once, summer got in the way.

Gave Laundromat Of Your Mind a first spin today. And a second, and a third... Legowelt is on a roll again, with all of his stuff coming out and the AFX dump I feel like I barely have time or attention for anything else.

Record comes with a black on black flyer officially announcing the Dark Days vinyl release by the way, no date only "Be on the lookout, Dark Days by Legowelt, coming out this fall, finally pressed on dark solid wax".

He kindly shared some jams with the CS30 for everyone to download here: http://www.pacificmicro.org/Legowelt%20YamahaCS30%20demojams.zip

https://soundcloud.com/legowelt-official/1977-yamaha-cs30-synthesizer-hobbit-shelter

I see a new cassette in that picture too :) guessing it won't be long until the next album drops!

Scratch that, I see three new cassettes?! One being the Osiris Hair Salon which I completely forgot about. Damn.

Bottom right looks like it's 'Swansong Of The Skunkape', score including additional tracks not in the documentary coming soon on Nightwind. :smile:

The skunk ape, also known as the swamp ape, stink ape, Florida Bigfoot, myakka ape, swampsquatch, and myakka skunk ape, is a hominid cryptid said to inhabit the U.S. states of Florida,[1]North Carolina, and Arkansas, although reports from Florida are more common. It is named for its appearance and for the unpleasant odor that is said to accompany it. According to the United States National Park Service, the skunk ape does not exist.[2]

^ watched that docu earlier today. Suprisingly minimal soundtrack from Mr. Wolfers, comparing to one of the few actual scores he did, like this one (love this one so much):

That Dark Days vinyl release looks solid, great selection. They picked every track I'd pick for a vinyl release out of those two albums :)

Selection? I was assuming it'll just be a vinyl reissue of (the first) Dark Days, same tracklist, see e.g. the BAKK SC account or Resident Advisor.

I need more sleep :dadjoke:

You're right, didn't even notice that Lake Distrax was missing. Dark Days 2 was never really that interesting for me I guess :)

I wonder what happened to the planned Polarius - Winter In Polarius reissue on Creme Org, it's been about a year since that was announced (just on facebook) and haven't heard about it since. That's one of the gems still missing in my collection tbh...

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely the most dancey thing on Nightwind yeah, lots of house and hip hop in there, and tied with Saab Knutson for best of the bunch yet as far as I'm concerned. I probably played that tape more than any other I own due to a combination of it being exclusive to the format for so long and me nevertheless being too lazy to digitize it knowing that the web release would be coming at some point. :smile:

High hopes for some of the potentially upcoming ones too; an Osiris Hair Salon release could drop some serious techno bombs and the skunk ape soundtrack sounds promising.

Danny never reissues the tapes again does he? I love the artwork for these recent releases.

Don't know what the plans are, so far on Nightwind those are the only two to have gotten a cassette release at all, and El Saber Del Arpavor's simply listed as 'sold out' right now whereas the Knutson one is still available. (From the Yamaha CS30 pics it seems kind of obvious there'll be more tapes though.)

Speaking of reissues, the Dark Days reissue on BAKK has the encouraging catalog number 'BAKKDD1', hopefully that means they will do part 2 at some point too?

Another Strange Life oddity that I'd love to see reissued is the 'Sammy Osmo' Schaduw Horizon release, been playing that one a lot again lately, fantastic stuff.

Danny never reissues the tapes again does he? I love the artwork for these recent releases.

Don't know what the plans are, so far on Nightwind those are the only two to have gotten a cassette release at all, and El Saber Del Arpavor's simply listed as 'sold out' right now whereas the Knutson one is still available. (From the Yamaha CS30 pics it seems kind of obvious there'll be more tapes though.)

Speaking of reissues, the Dark Days reissue on BAKK has the encouraging catalog number 'BAKKDD1', hopefully that means they will do part 2 at some point too?

Another Strange Life oddity that I'd love to see reissued is the 'Sammy Osmo' Schaduw Horizon release, been playing that one a lot again lately, fantastic stuff.

Can't speak for Nightwind yet, but his Strange Life label used to do repressings of the most popular CDr's, like Age of Candy Candy, Computer Day, etc. Luckily labels like Bunker, Berceuse Heroique and Bakk have also picked up on some of the Strange Life albums and repressed them on vinyl (The Rise and Fall of Manuel Noriega, Westside Box Savants, Dark Days, etc.).

Yeah, Schaduw Horizon is maybe my favourite Strange Life record, got the DVD with the map of the mysterious zoo and everything :)

lol

Enjoyed that more than any Walking Dead episode :dadjoke: the "Farao Islands" location is obviously just the forest near the beach in Scheveningen, which I've also occasionally wondered around in similar fashion (only with a saw instead of a shovel) :)

• 2 weeks later...