nature

fucking MICRO-ZINE?!

I missed that.. thanks for the pointer.........................

Not available at clone.nl yet but it is at Wichelroede so I just copped one there as they are probably going to be gone very soon:

http://shop.wichelroede.net/collections/tapes/products/swan-song-of-the-skunkape-original-soundtrack

• 2 weeks later...

Well there you have it, NW006 revealed:

For the serious psychonauts snuggy amateur synth jazz from the forthcoming NOMAD NINJA - AVOND SLUIMER album on Nightwind Records. Available soon on Cassettetape, CD and digital. Played on a Microkorg MS10 and DX100.

Clone has clips of all of the tracks up already: https://clone.nl/item38043.html

Fourth in the Nightwind Records Cassettetape series. Dozing Rhodes jazz and spellbinding synthesizer trips. Comes in the usual luxurious vintage c64/zxspectrum style microVHS video game box . Also includes free professional dome sticker and "Nomad Ninja" Microzine/map. The cosiest drugged up Christmas album for this winter!

Edited by manmower

Damn that sounds good (again). I literally just got the Skunkape OST in the mail only a day or two ago and now the new one is up already... Too much...

And of course another fantastic press release comes with it:

Coming soon on Nightwind Records available on Cassettetape, CD and digital formats
The cassettetape and CD versions will come with a gummy professional sticker,
fresh new micro-zine and map of the fictious town of NOMADOHAVEN
with which you can do fun stuff such as "Make up your own busroutes",
"find the NOBO Sprits museum" and lots of other fun geofictional activities.
The digital version will have these extras as PDF so you can print them out yourself.
Listen to the first track "Terugkeer Naar Een Sluimer Avond" on the
soundcloud player above.

Here is an animated GIF of the NOMADOHAVEN map:

Nomadohaven.gif

Guest bitroast

probably the jazziest post ever when discussing legowelt but holy shit teac life is soo good and so repeatedly relistenable. still rinse this recently ( since only being introduced to it ~some # of months ago )

Well there you have it, NW006 revealed:

For the serious psychonauts snuggy amateur synth jazz from the forthcoming NOMAD NINJA - AVOND SLUIMER album on Nightwind Records. Available soon on Cassettetape, CD and digital. Played on a Microkorg MS10 and DX100.

Clone has clips of all of the tracks up already: https://clone.nl/item38043.html

Fourth in the Nightwind Records Cassettetape series. Dozing Rhodes jazz and spellbinding synthesizer trips. Comes in the usual luxurious vintage c64/zxspectrum style microVHS video game box . Also includes free professional dome sticker and "Nomad Ninja" Microzine/map. The cosiest drugged up Christmas album for this winter!

ta for the info!

Guess I'll continue the tape collection instead of hopping over to CDr... Not sure. According to bandcamp the physicals will be available early January.

Anyway, listening now, perfect for a shit cold rainy afternoon :)

Dying to hear the Scully Mentos track again actually, that one keeps haunting me and of course THAT'S the one that gets deleted.

Really enjoying this so far, good to see a physical coming. I was really late to the game on Danny and missed out on a lot of my favorite stuff of his so it's great that he's ropping a bunch of more Smackos-like albums recently. I wish the physicals came with downloads though, because I don't want to double dip but I don't really listen to cassettes much and don't even have a CD player, but the solution so far has been to get the cassettes and digitize them for listening.

From the Shadow Wolf 'zine:

COMING UP IN 2016:
Osiris Hairsalon *** Scully Mentos *** UFOCUS *** Satomi Tamiyama
more vinyl
more microzines
more stickers

CD VERSIONS
From now on we shall press a limited amount of CDRs of the Nightwind releases.
They have full color artwork on the CDR and sleeve come with micro-zines and
sometimes a cool sticker or some stuff. They don't come in these whack plastic
CD cases but in flexible mini-LP sleeves.

Edited by manmower

Psychic Stewardess is really good but at the same time I'll never get why it's singled out for praise so much. Also not sure if that's only a WATMM thing or if it got picked up by the music press/got wider acclaim at the time or whatever.

Discogs is pretty comprehensive, and yeah there's quite some variety, you're probably thinking mainly of the Smackos "soundtracks" and similar projects but there's been a lot more over the years. Even on the recent Nightwind releases, I'd say Calimex Mental Implant Corp and Saab Knutson for instance aren't very much alike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aryrTeeFtGk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLTkwM-bksA

I made this Spotify playlist for tracks he released under other names than Legowelt. I think a lot of it is also available on bandcamp.

spotify:user:hospodaren:playlist:2W9c63y7X1GgaQ1Pqbe4tv

• 2 weeks later...