nature

For all of you Legowelt enthusiasts out there, here's his discography, including all aliases, in an excel spreadsheet so it can be sorted (it's by year currently). It also includes sites where the music can be purchased from in digital format. I geeked out a couple of months ago and made this up. Please let me know if I'm missing anything. Since last May when I first heard his stuff, I've become a huge fan. For those uninitiated, I would recommend Amiga Railroad Adventures and Twilight Moose as two of the finest electro albums I've heard--I hadn't been as excited about new music since hearing Drexciya for the first time years ago. One of his newest albums, Saab Knutson, is some of the best ambient music I've heard and deserves some serious listening and discussion. It's going to take me years to catch up with his output, but I've been buying/listening to just about nothing else since May.

Well, just discovered that I can't upload excel files as attachments. Can anyone recommend a way to make this available, just in case anyone out there is interested?

For all of you Legowelt enthusiasts out there, here's his discography, including all aliases, in an excel spreadsheet so it can be sorted (it's by year currently). It also includes sites where the music can be purchased from in digital format. I geeked out a couple of months ago and made this up. Please let me know if I'm missing anything. Since last May when I first heard his stuff, I've become a huge fan. For those uninitiated, I would recommend Amiga Railroad Adventures and Twilight Moose as two of the finest electro albums I've heard--I hadn't been as excited about new music since hearing Drexciya for the first time years ago. One of his newest albums, Saab Knutson, is some of the best ambient music I've heard and deserves some serious listening and discussion. It's going to take me years to catch up with his output, but I've been buying/listening to just about nothing else since May.

Well, just discovered that I can't upload excel files as attachments. Can anyone recommend a way to make this available, just in case anyone out there is interested?

Upload as a zip? Or maybe as a public download on Dropbox (or equivalent)?

Maybe try making it a Google sheet, or otherwise upload it someplace like Mega?

Cool effort by the way, this is probably what Rubin was asking for on the last page instead of the bunch of YouTubes he got from me. :tongue:

Awesome, great effort KingR! I definitely feel ya with the obsession, had the same thing right after Amiga Railroad Adventures came out, that started it all. Anyway, I think I'm missing a few things, mostly collabs like the Pagan Sector collab with Cliff Lothar, Los Hermanos Rodriquez collab with Guy Tavares and Smackulator with Will Burnett there's bound to be more... Will double check later :)

It would be impossible to include all the one-off's, remixes and compilations too, but there's probably a few albums total if you combine them all.

Ah yeah--forgot to put the Smackulator release on that and hadn't heard of the others. Some of that stuff, like Smackulator and Salamandos is kind of ridiculously bad and yet enjoyable at the same time, somehow. I get the idea it's pretty intentional. It's got kind of a punk rock aesthetic attitude to it. Definitely a throwback to obscure Chicago or ghetto house stuff--it's on point.

Thanks for the additions--I'll wait a couple more days to see if Herr Jan or anyone else comes up with any other additions (a list of remixes is a bit out of my current desire to produce, however) and then update the speadsheet and post it again.

Edited by KingR

At second glance, these are missing too :) I love that Smackulator release, it's fun, ridiculously dirty and hard hitting.

http://www.discogs.com/Legowelt-Institute-Of-The-Overmind/release/7806521

http://www.discogs.com/Clendon-Toblerone-It-Is-Within/release/5635972

http://www.discogs.com/Legowelt-North-Sea-Spectrum-EP/release/3446664

Wichelroede will have the Nomad Ninja cassette too btw, waiting for that too!

How did I miss those? Keep 'em coming.

Come to think of it, it is completely astonishing that someone can release this much music on this many different labels. I have a hard time thinking of anyone else who can pull this off.

How did I miss those? Keep 'em coming.

Come to think of it, it is completely astonishing that someone can release this much music on this many different labels. I have a hard time thinking of anyone else who can pull this off.

The late Jake Stephenson had more aliases, though Wolfers still has a lot of time to overtake him...

http://www.discogs.com/artist/328407-Jake-Stephenson

nice! having this as a google doc is very convenient, thanks!

I'd had no idea so many of the releases on strange life are actually by him ....

I didn't realize how much he'd released on vinyl!

Alright, the updated version is here (note the tab on the bottom for collaborations). Google docs link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gPXrO8ojVIRmsexjkEF7N6jh6soZ-KFcJR018CD_cZA/edit#gid=227924791

excel sheet is attached

Would kill for a quality digital copy of this one:

Dickie Smabers & The Moerwijk Crew

Looks like only mediocre youtube rips of a few tracks from the album. I dare you to find electro that hits harder than this. Was actually trying to find out about the label it was released on (Dumb Terminal) to try to contact them, but came up with nothing. Living overseas for a bit without a turntable, plus prices are way too high with shipping.

Love the shit talking here:

A re-release with this as the first track would be killer--reminds me of my days listening to hip-hop in the early nineties when this kind of message was pretty much mandatory on every album.

Danny Wolfers Discography.zip

While discussing Carrie the movie earlier I remembered that Creme Organization made a video for Commanchee's Revenge with visuals of said movie but it got deleted. Tried to look everywhere online but it turns it out I already saved the mp4 when I still could :) so here it is again (for the time being?)

Also, for people who haven't seen it yet, he once made the soundtrack for this short film which is definitely worth a watch:

This goes along with the above video really well:

Would kill for a quality digital copy of this one:

Dickie Smabers & The Moerwijk Crew

Looks like only mediocre youtube rips of a few tracks from the album. I dare you to find electro that hits harder than this. Was actually trying to find out about the label it was released on (Dumb Terminal) to try to contact them, but came up with nothing. Living overseas for a bit without a turntable, plus prices are way too high with shipping.

I don't think it was ever released as files but I'd be happy to rip mine for you since you obviously own the records anyway. My equipment is decent, but from memory my copy is a bit scratchy (I think there's a long scratch across one of the sides that makes one or two tracks click a little). Maybe PM me if you're nevertheless interested.