IGNORED

the sony hacking scandal

Rubin Farr

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://blog.torproject.org/blog/possible-upcoming-attempts-disable-tor-network

hate to be a conspiracy theorist but this smells like it has something to do with the sony hack

plus the site with all the goodies is down :sad:

no its not a conspiracy theory to think that, of course it has something to do with the hack. Russia Today experienced technical difficulties that practically shut down the whole channel today ( i was supposed to go on but all live guests were cancelled ), The Young Turks had to pull the plug on their show today becuase of similar problems. Some weird shit is happening, this doesn't seem good.

we might be facing a CISPA on steroids fast tracked bill far worse than the PAtriot Act of 2001

well for me it makes me doubt that N Korea is involved even more by the way the Obama admin decided to leak out this story, why didn't they just announce it officially to begin with? Looking back on it this wasn't some disgruntled Obama cabinet guy who wanted to get ahead of the administration and force their hand, he was someone who was leaking a story intentionally so the white house wouldn't have to commit to a specific narrative right away, it could remain more fluid until they decided to step up and solidify it.
I'm waiting for evidence, and if they aren't transparent with the investigation its going to convince me even less.

So 13 years ago they had to kill a few thousand people to get Orwellian legislation passed, now they just have to cancel a highly-anticipated low-brow Hollywood comedy?

It's actually unsettling how easy this is to believe.

I'm agreeing with George Clooney that Sony overreacted because all the top bosses are scared shitless because they know they have sent offensive emails, even worse than the ones calling out Jolie's ego and lack of talent. I agree with Clooney that when Rudin and co's email's were leaked there was a lot of egomaniacs whose heart dropped with such force it put pressure on their intestines pushing their innards out of their assholes into the outside world. Their guts dropped. They didn't feel too good. Time to panic.

And yeah, i'd be surprised if this was anything to do with NK government, they seem like idiots. Pictures today in the press of Kim being hailed by a crowd of his poverty stricken public, these poor brainwashed people are starving out there and are begging for food. Kim uses this as a photo to make it look as though they are hailing him for a victory against the west.

Sony need to grow some balls and stop protecting their own ego's, tuck their lower intestines back into their anus' and release the film. Which is probably only a 6/10.

Anonymous threatened to launch an attack against N Korea yesterday. If they are behind it the dudes who did it should be ultra proud of themselves for launching a cyber attack indistinguishable from one the US government would launch *slow clap for fucktard hacktivists doing the bidding of the US government*

There's actually been some sort of surreal development to this story pretty much every other day for the last week or so. I've been following it over on Neogaf where they've been discussing it pretty exhaustively.

NK has publically said it wasn't them.

Obama has condemned Sony for giving in to terrorism.

Tech experts have chimed in that it would be impossible for NK with their current tech/bandwidth to steal 1tb of data at once, and that it would take months of data transfer for them to pull it off (and be a colossal fuckup on Sony's part to not notice was happening).

False flag event to get some internet-control legislation pushed in the US and/or public support for action taken against North Korea?

*puts on tinfoil hat*

Anonymous threatened to launch an attack against N Korea yesterday. If they are behind it the dudes who did it should be ultra proud of themselves for launching a cyber attack indistinguishable from one the US government would launch *slow clap for fucktard hacktivists doing the bidding of the US government*

JE, no offense 'cause I think you're a nice guy and all, but...you know what they say about truthers in glass houses.

There's actually been some sort of surreal development to this story pretty much every other day for the last week or so. I've been following it over on Neogaf where they've been discussing it pretty exhaustively.

NK has publically said it wasn't them.

Obama has condemned Sony for giving in to terrorism.

Tech experts have chimed in that it would be impossible for NK with their current tech/bandwidth to steal 1tb of data at once, and that it would take months of data transfer for them to pull it off (and be a colossal fuckup on Sony's part to not notice was happening).

False flag event to get some internet-control legislation pushed in the US and/or public support for action taken against North Korea?

*puts on tinfoil hat*

North Korean hackers from Japan (still a large patriotic North Korean population in Japan) could do it easily. And the amount of data that Sony transfers in raw movie data files is huge. Note that this is the same Sony IT team that was responsible for putting out the shitty root kit that got noticed easily, the same IT team that got themselves hacked in response to said rootkit and the same company that allowed a movie as shit as the interview to be made.

Now none of this proves NK did it, but it's certainly not beyond the realm of possibility. And again it's important to remember that North Korea hates Japan almost as much as they hate the U.S.

There will be no action taken against NK unilaterally or otherwise.

There will be no action taken against NK unilaterally or otherwise.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/north-korea-severe-internet-outage

WASHINGTON (AP) — North Korea is experiencing widespread Internet outages. One expert says the country's online access is "totally down."

It's not immediately clear if the Internet connectivity problems were an act of retribution for a major intrusion at Sony Pictures Entertainment that the FBI last week linked to North Korea.

President Barack Obama on Friday said the U.S. government would respond but didn't say how.

The White House declined to comment Monday. State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf told reporters that of the federal government responses, "some will be seen, some may not be seen."

so when NK rep says--in regards to NK's involvement in Sony Hack--"wait and see"....that meant nothing.

but when US rep--in regards to US's involvement in NK's internet outage--"no comment"....that means they were responsible.

I pretty much feel like I'm in a modern sci-fi film everyday now.

Didn't the original hacker message ask for monetary compensation? Then the group said people were stupid for thinking it was NK. So, why do people think it's NK?

Archived