IGNORED

the sony hacking scandal

Rubin Farr

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one of the saddest things about all this is the movie itself looks kinda like pure shit. I thought Pineapple express was awesome, generally find Rogan serviceably funny but the dude has been running on fumes for the past few years. This is the End was really unmemorable with the exception of Danny Mcbridge

These increasingly ridiculous threats in broken Engrish are bullshit, like they're daring us to go see the movie. If not for this, I'd say they actually increased attendance, we'll see:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/sony-tells-theater-owners-they-can-pull-the-105402920237.html

but doesnt it make it seem even less likely that NK is actually behind it? its just a little TOO ridiculous isnt it? the engrish almost makes it seem like an alternate reality marketing ploy to promote the movie.

but doesnt it make it seem even less likely that NK is actually behind it? its just a little TOO ridiculous isnt it? the engrish almost makes it seem like an alternate reality marketing ploy to promote the movie.

surely you misunderestimate the ridiculosoness of North Korea?

The recently pulled out of their premier in NYC, and they've granted permission to theaters to pull out of showing the film altogether: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/12/16/371259776/amid-threats-by-hackers-actors-pause-promotion-of-sony-movie

Some theater chains are apparently not showing the film anymore. The actors are not promoting the film anymore, either. All of this seems like huge evidence that they're losing money on this. If it's a publicity stunt, it's backfiring.

This mess is the best marketing campaign this bullshit movie could have asked for.

if it was a marketing campaign don't you think they should've informed their employees about it and perhaps not involved the companies ceos (private e-mails, social security numbers, future business plans etc?)

worse, they've had a leak of practically every screenplay from 2010-2016. i guess the plot twist could be the hackers are actually seth rogen and james franco :nelson:

Rogen & Franco have canceled all promotional appearances.

were they scared nk sent assassins masquerading as interviewers to take them down?

lel

That just leaves AMC, Regal & Cinemark as the big chains right? We usually go to a drafthouse here, so they better not flinch.

sounds right. will be interesting if regal caves. they love that cheddar.

movie looks so bad. don't know why sony risked so much on this

Why not show the actual download links?

because they violate this rule? i was also informed not to include links in my post

Ah didn't realize you'd been told not to. And I see my post has been deleted.

Well I'm gonna have to have a word with the man about that.

Also the story of the hack is far more interesting than the movie:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-07/sony-s-darkseoul-breach-stretched-from-thai-hotel-to-hollywood.html

just saw a news interview that even amc, the last chain that hadnt yet agreed to pull out of showing the movie, is pulling out, but its not 100% confirmed yet.

dude, i never use this term, but what the actual fuck??? it's so hard to know if this is legitimate or a marketing stunt like someone earlier said. is it me, or does this whole escapade seem like a pretty historical moment in international relations, cybersecurity and the entertainment industry? dumb youtube comments under the trailer of the film are talking about ww3 and other ridiculous stuff, but i cant help but think this is sort of some major shit here.

"The countrys top five theater circuits have decided not to play Sonys The Interview, a knowledgeable source tells The Hollywood Reporter.

Regal Entertainment, AMC Entertainment, Cinemark, Carmike Cinemas and Cineplex Entertainment have all decided against showing the film."

CHICKEN SHITS

yeah i cant believe we are actually being imposed upon by North Korean censorship and intimidation. its as if Kim Jong himself has walked into my neighborhood and told me what art i can and cant look at. WHAT THE FUCK? absolutely surreal and bizarre.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Yeah that's exactly what happened. It has nothing at all to do with theaters deciding they'd probably end up losing money if they went ahead and showed the film as planned, opting instead to play things that people are actually going to bother to turn up to watch

Archived