IGNORED

can't access my PM box and several other functions of WATMM

Lucas

hey,

sorry to clutter General Banter with that but since yesterday I noticed I can't access my PM box. Weird because everything worked fine before. I just logged out and tried to log in again and I noticed that the Sign In button is also blocked (as for the PM, and actually all the buttons of this upper bar, they get triggered but the linked page won't load). I had to find another way to access the login screen in order to post this message. Also, when I validate a post I wrote the little loading window appears but I won't get redirected (post is posted though).

is it serious doctor?..

ah yeah true that the whole forum wasn't functioning so well yesterday, completely forgot about that but I thought my problems were forum's problems. but now they are still there. still hoping an insightful answer from some kind of technician or upper entity of this place (ooooh no I wanted to place a suiting smiley after this last sentence but that is also broken!!!)

Guest jasondonervan

Thought it was just me cos my ISP has been cocking up this week, but yeah I can't see our beloved watmm feline jifs :catcry:

Er, that was me, unfortunately - I was doing some recommended security stuff with .htaccess files, and it donked up the avatars - emoticons are fine, just checked and no 500 errors like the avatars were giving.

What skin are you using - try switching skins and let me know which one(s) the problem exists on. Might need to recache the skins on the server.

I'm using the dark grey transparent theme with aphex badger background. can't change theme because the button at the bottom also doesn't redirect me to the corresponding page. or maybe there's an alternative way to go to this page?

Guest jasondonervan

Tried switching skins (from SYRO to TH and back), avatars are fine but emoticons are still out of action. Wiped browser history and image cache to be sure, but nothing doing.

Tried switching skins (from SYRO to TH and back), avatars are fine but emoticons are still out of action. Wiped browser history and image cache to be sure, but nothing doing.

If you right-click on an emoticon (in post) and choose "Inspect Element" (Chrome) and the Developer Tools opens up, do you see any 500 Errors in the Console? (if you have no idea what all that means, can somebody who does confirm?)

I'm using the SYRO skin, and emoticons/avatars all work fine for me.

I'm using the dark grey transparent theme with aphex badger background. can't change theme because the button at the bottom also doesn't redirect me to the corresponding page. or maybe there's an alternative way to go to this page?

If you cannot click on the "Change Theme" link (there's no graphic involved for it), then there might be something else going on with your browser - have you tried another browser to confirm it's happening there for you too?

If you cannot click on the "Change Theme" link (there's no graphic involved for it), then there might be something else going on with your browser - have you tried another browser to confirm it's happening there for you too?

i tried before I made this thread but when I opened Internet Explorer and realized again how ugly it is I closed it right away. but now I get some assistance I'll do it for real and keep you in touch

edit : writing this edit from Internet Explorer. everything works fine here

has anyone a suggestion where my problem could come from? It's weird because it always worked and I can't remember changing anything except doing a Java update two days ago and installing the Java plugin for Chrome. Just tried to deactivate it but it didn't help.

Guest jasondonervan

OK, got it sorted - was an errant .htaccess file! Might need to refresh your browsers a few times to clear your caches.

Back in business here!

:catsupine::catface::catrecline::catsalute::catbed:

has anyone a suggestion where my problem could come from? It's weird because it always worked and I can't remember changing anything except doing a Java update two days ago and installing the Java plugin for Chrome. Just tried to deactivate it but it didn't help.

Have you installed any addons for Chrome that might be interfering? WATMM doesn't use any Java plugins, so that can't be the cause of your problem. Have you tried Firefox to see if the problem exists there as well? Don't bother with IE.

Archived