IGNORED

Terminator Genisys

Squee

This actually makes Salvation look pretty good in comparison, and it was TOTALLY forgettable!

Poor Matt Smith - left Doctor Who to go be a Hollywood superstar, and is relegated to bit parts in terrible reboots.

His role in doctor who was a terrible reboot so it's par for the course for him. /burn

Also, i probably agree with kakapo. Certainly it won't be any worse than the rest of the action drossbusters. out there.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I´m going to watch Salvation for the 3 time this year, the look of the movie, gear, soldiers, army base, sound effects and robots are just perfect.

also you dont compare movies from the 80´s with movies from 2009 its just weird.

In Reel Power: Hollywood Cinema and American Supremacy, Matthew Alford argued that with the fourth installment, "the franchise had made a clear shift towards supporting establishment narratives, despite its earlier reservations" and that a "central theme" is whether John Connor "should prioritise striking a decisive military blow against the machines or rescue some captured humans, who are entombed - with shades of Auschwitz - by the Terminators". "[T]he flashforwards from the first three Terminator films hinted at a horrible futurescape of pain, deprivation and ad-hoc guerrilla warfare", he writes, but "in contrast, producer Jeffrey Silver explained that the Department of Defense gave 'fantastic cooperation [to Salvation] because they recognized that in the future portrayed in this film, the military will still be the men and women who protect us, no matter what may come'". Alford concludes that "for a world that is set just fifteen years after a global nuclear holocaust the survivors are fancifully healthy, not to mention hairy" and that this "normalises the unthinkable". [113]

should be made a mockumentary. arnold should play arnold and they should get Tim and Eric to direct and produce all the cgi and matt stone/trey parker to write the script.

only thing that would save it.

should be made a mockumentary. arnold should play arnold and they should get Tim and Eric to direct and produce all the cgi and matt stone/trey parker to write the script.

only thing that would save it.

I thought Genisys is by Tim and Eric ?

I have massive hots for Dani Targaryen, but she just doesn't work as Sarah Connor. Sarah is wiry and mean and twisted, not an innocent looking babe.

• 1 month later...

This actually makes Salvation look pretty good in comparison, and it was TOTALLY forgettable!

Poor Matt Smith - left Doctor Who to go be a Hollywood superstar, and is relegated to bit parts in terrible reboots.

I just watched Salvation on TV again, and it was slightly better than I remembered. Its one of those movies where all the action scenes and pacing is fine and in some parts actually pretty good but the script and story are so bad its shocking someone decided to make a movie out of it. It was like they originally wrote a movie about Conner leading the resistence, and then mashed it up with another shittier 'twist' script of a 'what if a Terminator actually thought he was a man and was on a quest to find his true identity'. Both stories are in total competition with each other and it made zero sense to make MArcus or whatever the fuck his name was the main character.

Salvation wasn't THAT bad, it was just kinda forgettable like Joyrex said... This however looks fucking terrible, laughably bad. They should just re-work it as a Terminator themed comedy.

• 2 months later...

If you plan on seeing this movie, I would avoid the full trailer, as it reveals the biggest and dumbest plot twist so far of this movie.

John Connor is a Terminator

And here's the trailer if you're interested...

"Not man, not machine... amore".

What?

What?

........whaT?

Archived