IGNORED

Terminator Genisys

Squee

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only reason im remotely curious is because its done by the guy who made the shakey cam/found footage super hero movie which was apparently interesting enough for me to remember it but not the title

From what I can tell the Terminator franchise T1 and 2 were good enough that an enthusiastic fanbase was created, only to be let down with T3 and 4. Is that correct? I've only seen 3 and 4 and it seems like it's been a shit franchise for years now.

the first two were enough to set it up as a classic franchise, only there's been nothing good since.

Some hardcore Cameron fans consider the T2 ride @ Universal Studios to be his canon ending. He wrote and filmed it in 3D, and the T2 cast came back for it, even his ex-wife Linda Hamilton.

what if they just...decided not to release it. has a movie ever been that bad that it gets pulled before it airs? i guess they have to make money back no matter how little. but still, what if it was cheaper to just not distribute it in the first place?

Big Trouble In Little China was pulled from theaters early, due to it being too good for shitty people.

• 1 month later...

"It's all about the twist!" he says, as the video spoils everything.

It's like watching an interview with M Night before Sixth Sense came out and him saying "Oh Bruce Willis is great in it. That bit at the end where it turns out he was dead the whole time was just amazing"

Soz Cam. I'm not buying it. Though I will torrent it lolololololol

• 3 weeks later...

I just got back from seeing this. Whoa, alternate time line headaches.

The biggest problem is the plot is utterly ludicrous and confusing because of the time-travel business, I gave up trying to make sense of it after twenty minutes.

Still in 2 minds over whether to bother seeing this, or not.

Im OK with confusing plots and time travel, as long as some sense can be made out of it if thought about.

If its just straight up confusing without explanation or relevance then funk dat.

It's a Hollywood summer blockbuster, I suspect the time travel aspect won't be too sophisticated.

It's an alright action flick but I doubt I'd bother seeing it again innit

TBH what I was thinking about most is how leitmotifs have changed. Where formally you'd get a jingle to identify characters, now you just get noises, like the clicking that always accompanies Connor on screen here

It's a Hollywood summer blockbuster, I suspect the time travel aspect won't be too sophisticated.

when should blockbusters have sophisticated time travel aspects?

The poster before me wasn't sure he wanted to see it if the plotline was too confusing.

when should blockbusters have sophisticated time travel aspects?

Winter. Thinking consumes energy which has a byproduct of heat (not night).

Word is that this is really bombing at the box office. I'm not terribly surprised. Arnie was away from Hollywood for too long so even his clout is limited. The script is terrible and it's just a join-the-numbers prequel/sequel/reimagining etc.

What didn't help it for me was the time travel stuff. Movies about time travel are convoluted at best but to introduce alternate pasts/futures that conflict with the ones established in T1 & T2 was a complete mistake. Just fucking stupid and non-sensensical.

I think this series has been, (dons sunglasses) TERMINATED

Archived