Rubin Farr

Humanoid - Built by Humanoid

I'm totally thinking this is going to be my favourite FSOL related release since Dead Cities....

Yeah, about 30-45 minutes.

Tracklist:

- 1 Acid Ho
- 2 Spore
- 3 Point Cloud
- 4 Co-Pilot
- 5 Koma Flow (808 State)
- 6 Far-Point

Man these sound great. Really looking forward to hearing the official release.

Album is finished and due in the summer.

Album is finished and due in the summer.

!!!

Any word if the tracks from the DJ Food set are on there? I’ve played that out so many times...

Humanoid_cover.jpeg

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Edited by purlieu

I'm getting the sense from the pics in the above posts that the tunes will be more modern sounding (like the recent remixes) and less retro-rave like the DJ Food mix?  Would love to see those tracks on an official release.

'Fuck It' and 'Post Human' have both been on compilations, maybe these are new versions?

On 5/26/2019 at 1:40 PM, Extralife said:

I'm getting the sense from the pics in the above posts that the tunes will be more modern sounding (like the recent remixes) and less retro-rave like the DJ Food mix?  Would love to see those tracks on an official release.

Yeah, expect some proper twisted IDM stuff. No idea about those classic acid sounds... I wouldn't be surprised if they came out as a 12" of their own or something.

Posted (edited)

Clip of 'Orfan Atmosphere' - sounding incredible.

Edited by purlieu
  • Thanks 1

Yes please.

Also nabbed a shirt 😀

On 5/26/2019 at 2:40 PM, Extralife said:

haven't heard the dj food remix. but if you haven't checked this album, i guess you should. or must. ;)

https://www.fsoldigital.com/product/by-any-other-name/

Stoked! Still playing Humanoid Sessions on regular basis. Was yet another deed of cultural heritage preservation from Rephlex HQ. Tbh, not a follower of FSOL and all the new Humanoid activity has slipped under my radar, so all the tracks here are completely new to me, such as the Touched comp one. Really digging what I'm hearing. Big thanks Purlieu for keeping us posted! 👍

On 5/30/2019 at 1:59 AM, goDel said:

haven't heard the dj food remix. but if you haven't checked this album, i guess you should. or must. 😉

https://www.fsoldigital.com/product/by-any-other-name/

You can skip to 31:00 to hear the Humanoid section.  Killer set of retro-sounding acid house tunes.  

A lot of that early Earthbeat stuff on FSOL digital is similar sounding.  Would LOVE to have an official release for these tunes though.

• Like 1

Damn I sincerely hope this delivers everything its promising!

If I pre-order CD from fsoldigital shop, will I also be able to download mp3's on the release date? Couldn't find any faq sections or other info from the shop....Nowadays it takes forever to get the parcels here. This one is so special that I'd like to have it on physical too. Just trying to figure out where to put my order in.

34 minutes ago, Uros said:

If I pre-order CD from fsoldigital shop, will I also be able to download mp3's on the release date? Couldn't find any faq sections or other info from the shop....Nowadays it takes forever to get the parcels here. This one is so special that I'd like to have it on physical too. Just trying to figure out where to put my order in.

They usually only give downloads with vinyl purchases. 

• Thanks 1