IGNORED

Humanoid - Built by Humanoid

Rubin Farr

22 minutes ago, purlieu said:

I'll see if I can find out. I'd hope so!

God, 'Traktion' on here is incredible. Real Aphex vibes, but that that cavernous reverb FSOL atmosphere laid on top. 

Agreed. “Cavernous” could really describe the whole release. 

• Like 1

Yes yes, I ordered my copy from ebay since I thought the release date if bought from fsoldigital was 7/7. Now I don't have neither the album nor bonus ep. ? Previews are so stellar. Can't wait to get my hands on the real thing.

• Like 1

I have orders from 2017 that say they're still processing, so I wouldn't take that to heart. Drop graham @ fdrm . co . uk an email see if he can clear up the status of your order. The postman's probably nicked it.

• Like 1

Been playing this through the weekend. Must have spinned it like 6-7 times. So Crispy and phaaaat. Really love how there are bunch of organic bits in form of breaks and acid lines which compliment the mechanic (humanoid?) feeling of the album, you know those bleeps and bloops and other crackle. Brings some nice warmth and balance to it. "Fuck it" being maybe the most obvious example. Maybe should get my ears checked, but I get some Collapse ep vibes from some of the tracks. Not so much speaking about a specific collapse track, more about the overall soundscape. Mainly apparent in Traktion. Of course too early to say as it's only June, but this really raises the bar high for the aoty for me. Jeez, just listen to Orfan Atmosphere. :music:

Traktion is really astonishing. And yeah, I get that same mix of classic analogue sounds & hyper-breaks IDM as Collapse on that track in particular. I think Brian and Rich are mates so I wouldn't be surprised if some of this ends up in future Aphex sets.

Edited by purlieu
  • Like 1