IGNORED

Aphex Twin wins Grammy

atypic

Well, after a quick look at the nominees list and the overall quality level, I think it is actually very worrying that Aphex won a Grammy

There are bigger things to worry about than someone getting an industry-endorsed pat on the back for their efforts. Seems fairly inconsequential to me. Skin up and/or worry about inequity or impending environmental catastrophe instead.

Yeah they should replace Kim Kardashwhatever with environmental reality TV.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.

not bad, figured most deadmau5 was shit (all of what i've heard so far anyways)

what's weird is that some of his past work and his attitude toward his EDM peers seems to suggest that he isn't where he wants to be when it comes to making music. I was watching an interview with him and he said that he eventually wanted to get back around to making the same kind of tunes he made with his debut album, but you know, better. His first album was laced with IDM influences. 'Get Scraped' is the title I'm pretty sure.

not bad, figured most deadmau5 was shit (all of what i've heard so far anyways)

what's weird is that some of his past work and his attitude toward his EDM peers seems to suggest that he isn't where he wants to be when it comes to making music. I was watching an interview with him and he said that he eventually wanted to get back around to making the same kind of tunes he made with his debut album, but you know, better. His first album was laced with IDM influences. 'Get Scraped' is the title I'm pretty sure.

definitely getting that impression as well, he's mentioned being heavily inspired by afx and BoC multiple times and he's hinted more experimental unreleased music that he presumably hasn't released because of the lack of commercial prospects.

I remember dedmau5.

He used to be cool, but then some cute girls asked him to hang out with them, and he changed and became too cool for Rick and I

Hey, once again, gotta give credit to Dedmaofive for being cool about Aphex. I mean, objectively, he's right that Aphex deserves some recognition, but it's cool to see someone in his position not be a competitive douche about this whole thing.

First time of my life that I love a Grammy-winning album. :) 10 years ago I would have felt ashamed but I just had a big laugh about it. Now would be the proper time for Aphex to unleash a hit à la Windowlicker haha. Imagine just how viral it would go.

Just noticed some EDM page on Facebook posted about this, and almost everyone in the comments is like "Who?"

I mean, how can you subscribe to an EDM page and not know who Aphex Twin is? Fucking blasphemy.

Aphex Twin is still the underground for those people. They have no idea that underground music is even possible. + He never had anything to do with EDM...

"Daniel A Hernandez Checked out the album and it's just fucking awful. I thought maybe since it won then it might be worth listening to before judging but it sounds like he went into the studio and literally fucked around the whole time.

Like · Reply · 1 hr

Adam Birnbaum Let's play a game of "what's more likely." Is it more likely that basically every music critic and even Joel himself are stupid and hallucinating, or is it more likely that you are missing something?

Like · 1 hr

Daniel A Hernandez I'd say they're hallucinating since that's probably the only way you can listen to this junk. Not only are the song titles just random letters, the songs are just random sounds. No real melody anywhere"

kek

Archived