IGNORED

Aphex Twin wins Grammy

atypic

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My main point is it doesn't connect at any emotional level. It fails at that. And it fails at driving the beat.

:catnope::catnope::catnope::catnope::catnope::catnope::catfallen:

Aphex Twin : Failure at DRIVING THE BEAT

Say what you lie about Daedamauſ but at least he sounds like he's genuinely tried to make something interesting/creative a lot of the time. The first 2 or so Deathbymaumau5 albums (the only ones I've head) are pretty well-done considering it's still ultra-clean modern dance music. Strobe is a pretty damn good track. That being said, he's made some generic shit as well.

Today has been a great day: RDJ wins Grammy. Presenter pronounces everything wrong. Ceremony is awkward as balls. We have Skrillex fans' "where's the drop" 2.0. Who knows what more this day will have in store.

Tomorrow on the top-40 stations in this parallel universe... "From Grammy award-winning artist, Richard D. James, we bring you 14 Moodular Acid[pissflaps mix]."

up next from grammy winning artist aphex twin, we present '10 shit smothered' followed by '(throatie)'

I wonder if this will even affect anything or just be forgotten.

I enjoy Artpop a lot, but my tastes vary wildly.

I don't know man. Things been really cray for Aphex Twin lately, to say the least. Take this article for example: http://pitchfork.com/news/58372-aphex-twin-kendrick-lamar-st-vincent-beyonce-jack-white-beck-pharrell-win-grammys/

Who would have thought that Aphex Twin would have been the leading name in that title alongside the likes of Beck and Beyonce ffs, or that the fold-face pic would have been used? He's been getting a lot more acclaim and attention lately. Sure, he probably won't blow up, but take a step back and look at the situation for a moment.

anders-tight-butthole.jpg

Haven't listened to deadmau5 but @notch likes afx and likes deadmau5 so can't be that bad

one of his better tunes

Huh, this is actually pretty cool.

Richard Wins a Grammy and I'm inclined to look into this Deadmau guy a bit more. I did hear some BoC remakes he did but I also did hear some of the dancy stuff and just assumed all his stuff was more geared towards club dance type scenarios which I find pretty boring to listen to in non club dance type scenarios... But if he has some glitchy beat stuff more along these lines that's actually pretty interesting.

Haven't listened to deadmau5 but @notch likes afx and likes deadmau5 so can't be that bad

one of his better tunes

Huh, this is actually pretty cool.

Richard Wins a Grammy and I'm inclined to look into this Deadmau guy a bit more. I did hear some BoC remakes he did...

he fucked up Roygbiv. avoid.

She thought she saw the Aphex Twins coming but they were not there. Also what the hell was that shagged up voice playing in the backround? It sounded like that bit where he's talking about dog shit all sped up and down.

Archived