IGNORED

Aphex Twin wins Grammy

atypic

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of whether he wins or not I think my head would assplode if he actually went up to the front and made a speech. Just seems so madly out of character for him

grammy's are sunday

thx!

100% Aphex Twin will win, every mainstream media will cover it and start talking about him and he will be the next electricity pop icon,

i read your post till that comma, and

tho without joking I find surprising that some dudes here actually want him to win a completely bullshit award? i really dont care if he wins or not, grammys are fucking full of shit.

I wonder what Ivan Ooze thinks.

your avatar looks animated while scrolling

I don't care if he wins or not either, and the grammy's are a joke, but it still would be pretty incredible if he won.

yep. that would be quite surprising! its just my opinion

Regardless of whether he wins or not I think my head would assplode if he actually went up to the front and made a speech. Just seems so madly out of character for him

IF he won and didn't show who do you think would accept the award on his behalf? Robert Downey Jr.? Bjork? Die Antwoord?

IF he won and didn't show who do you think would accept the award on his behalf? Robert Downey Jr.? Bjork? Die Antwoord?

Bill Drummond

klf_ent.gif

tho without joking I find surprising that some dudes here actually want him to win a completely bullshit award? i really dont care if he wins or not, grammys are fucking full of shit.

nobody here is saying that grammy is prestigeous or anything :emotawesomepm9:

it's not about award, its about consequences and concept (afex acid vs mainstream lyrics bullocks)

+ more people turn idm > less biebers on MTV

and we also want lols

Bill Drummond

klf_ent.gif

moar KLF references in life please

maybe i should buy a boat

I'd say go for it. You can boat to Hollywood and deliver an acceptance speech on Richard's behalf.

your avatar looks animated while scrolling

Thanks!

poll results 78% Syro to Win

http://www.musictimes.com/articles/27509/20150205/grammys-2015-best-dance-electronic-album-predictions-aphex-twin-completes-comeback-deadmau5.htm

Who Will Win: Aphex Twin - Syro

The last three years have been a growing period for the Academy as they come to learn a little bit about dance music and who Djs are. Skrillex and Daft Punk have taken home the nominations the past three years and it is hard to imagine them reverting back to old form, giving out a golden trophy to a non-producer DJ.

This automatically knocks out Robyn & Röyksopp, as well as Little Dragon, despite solid albums.

Damage Control is a very well-rounded album, but it does not have the star power or the cache that other artists in the category have to win the title. The nomination was an honor enough for Zo.

The voters may like deadmau5 because he is a name familiar to them, but the 25-track album may be a bit much to digest, a lack of big singles and the story of Aphex Twin will be too much to for deadmau5 to overcome.

I hope he wins. As much as I like Aphex to be part of a secret club, he deserves the recognition. I'd rather live in a world where that happens than a world where that doesn't, even if it seems strange to me that the stuff I like is colliding with the consciousness of the hoi polloi.

Archived