IGNORED

Film collages- Christian Marclay's "The Clock"

chenGOD

Read this 2012 article in The New Yorker the other day.

This actually seems like one of those long-form avant-garde films that would be really interesting to watch.

Has anyone been fortunate enough to see it?

Does anyone know of any other interesting long-form films that don't seem like they'd be absolute toss?

he brought this to Sydney a year or two ago, just before it was on my radar so I completely missed. So basically I have naught to offer this thread :(

Yeah he's only been to the east coast of Canada with this, would love to see it out here, but since Vancouver is a cultural wasteland...it'll probably be a long time before we see it out here.

I saw this in San Francisco at the MoMA a few years ago. Watched it for about an hour after waiting in line for longer than an hour. It was interesting seeing the clock go in real time with masterful editing. Honestly didn't really see much of a point but it was cool to see something that you knew took years to create.

Archived