IGNORED

Are there any other artists with the same Warm/Nostalgic/Apocalyptic feeling like BoC

Guest Snazzell

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...

been a fan of this tune for a while and been meaning to post this up. don't know too much about the artist, he seems to feature on RA a bit (sometimes I check out their RA recommends a bit, most of the stuff I'm not really fussed about tbh but sometimes they'll be something mint). I think its a bit of a classic and you can hear the obvious Boards of Canada influence in the background but the bpm is way too fast for them (Boards Of Cocaine perhaps?)

b-side is also very, very good (Colundi level 3 influence)

enjoy

been a fan of this tune for a while and been meaning to post this up. don't know too much about the artist, he seems to feature on RA a bit (sometimes I check out their RA recommends a bit, most of the stuff I'm not really fussed about tbh but sometimes they'll be something mint). I think its a bit of a classic and you can hear the obvious Boards of Canada influence in the background but the bpm is way too fast for them (Boards Of Cocaine perhaps?)

enjoy

I've seen this guy's music pop up on my radar as well, Plays Bee Mask is worth checking out, similar vibes as BoC and/or ambient and dream pop leaning IDM from the 90s. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I91it3QHd4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUpdHFyvigs

enjoy

I've seen this guy's music pop up on my radar as well, Plays Bee Mask is worth checking out, similar vibes as BoC and/or ambient and dream pop leaning IDM from the 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9YezPSmFpQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EbwJhye5yI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Ss691dTpc

Donato is great. Also check out Bee Mask originals.

• 2 months later...

If I was looking for some BoC, I'd likely listen to a mixture of stuff by Dalhous, Sand Circles and Odd Nosdam. They all have the vibe.

Did I post this yet? Def trying to hone in on that general sound of 1991 and other hissy tape heavy electronic artists, lot of overlap

Also slowly working on a broader "sounds like BoC" playlist that avoids the one often mentioned and have a VHS Head related playlist as well

If I was looking for some BoC, I'd likely listen to a mixture of stuff by Dalhous, Sand Circles and Odd Nosdam. They all have the vibe.

Did I post this yet? Def trying to hone in on that general sound of 1991 and other hissy tape heavy electronic artists, lot of overlap

Also slowly working on a broader "sounds like BoC" playlist that avoids the one often mentioned and have a VHS Head related playlist as well

Good list. I'd expect nothing else. I'd also throw in some early Freescha and Ciaran Byrne.

I remember there being a track from the 50s/60s that sounded an awful lot like early BOC, can anyone help me out?

Probably a McLaren track (the guy who did the NFBOC documentary music that inspired BOC in the first place)

I remember there being a track from the 50s/60s that sounded an awful lot like early BOC, can anyone help me out?

Probably a McLaren track (the guy who did the NFBOC documentary music that inspired BOC in the first place)

Wasn't a McLaren track, I found it on Twoism I think, years ago? Might've been 60s/70s, not 50s, but it was all sorts of lovely. I remember it having a yellow kind of industrial cover. 

enjoy

ah, I downloaded a RA session of his last summer for some reason, (think it was just rec'd) at first thought like 'oh ill try out this random artist that might be a bit generic but anyway' thing, but it turned out, a really good listen. Thats a nice track by him, might check out if theres some other things to dl of his sometime. 

Playing 'Cleo' at .75 speed sounds like BOC

1991 more than anyone else for lately , personally anyway, there's something melancholy and nostaligic about his stuff that harkens BoC a lot more than other artists compared to the group

I haven't gotten to the other ones in your post, but this is sooo good. I've heard of the artist before but never listened.  :music:

1991 more than anyone else for lately , personally anyway, there's something melancholy and nostaligic about his stuff that harkens BoC a lot more than other artists compared to the group

I haven't gotten to the other ones in your post, but this is sooo good. I've heard of the artist before but never listened.  :music:

1991's stuff is all pretty similar except for Skogen, Flickan Och Flaskan and his most recent EP, which are lo-fi techno. Percival Pembroke has a few tracks that remind me of his work but that's about all I can think of that have the same mostly beatless ambient vibe as 1991. 

One of my favorite artists of all time, up there with BoC and RDJ easily for me. Found him via WATMM years ago via other members coming across his work. 

Archived