IGNORED

new burial?

kaini

It's gonna be a double album. Burial goes prog with epic woodblock solos and a concept involving dragons and sorcery... on tha streetz.

Guest jasondonervan

It's gonna be a double album. Burial goes prog with epic woodblock solos and a concept involving dragons and sorcery... on tha streetz.

*flicks broken lighter*

*kicks some leaves about in the garden*

*drops used bullet casings on garage floor*

Actually a relevant concept since he's a big Dark Souls fan! (dunno if the reference was already intended or not, sorry)

He already dusted off an unreleased track from the archives for that Hyperdub comp, surely that's enough for this year?

Seriously though, I'm a little less excited after Rival Dealer. If he does release something I hope it doesn't follow that style. I really liked where he was going with Truant/Rough Sleeper.

I love all that shit, it was the perfect cheesy Christmas EP.

I found it fascinating, I think he specifically was channeling cheesy, awkward and overall uncomfortable sample sources and music references. Like the concept was "terrible music you liked as a moody teenager that was emotionally stirring then but now painful nostalgia you want to forget about." It's something less appealing than his usual vague and universal melancholy vibe. That's my pet theory anyway.

If anything he left a comfort zone.

Archived