IGNORED

Comedian Recommendations

Danny O Flannagin

Norm Macdonald. His podcast just started up again.

https://youtu.be/oChDQTTfIL0

Norm Macdonald is arguably one of the greatest living comics, and doesn't get nearly enough rzpkt. Norm 4 Lyfe.

Absolutely, he's brilliant. He has Merchant really questioning himself if he really should be on this podcast. It's great to see Norm be able make the co-creator of The Office, arguably one of the most brilliantly awkward sitcoms ever, feel pretty damn awkward.

I listen to a 24/7 standup comedy stream on shoutcast called comedy 104, I always have it on quietly in the background when I'm sleeping:

http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.m3u?id=951199

lots of variety from the top comedians going way back, sometimes I hear early Pryor bootlegs.

Richard Pryor

Steven Wright

David Cross

Patton Oswalt

Mitch Hedberg

Brian Posehn

Doug Benson

great list, it's tragic that Patton Oswalt lost his wife so suddenly.  I can't imagine the dark & twisted stuff he's going to be writing now.

Holy shit no one has said jeselnik yet.

Shakespeare is like all time top 5 greatest stand up albums. Blows me away every time. So measured and confident. Amazing for a debut album.

Natasha leggero is really funny her albums are good.

Duncan trussel

Pryor live from

Sunset strip is great. Grew up listening to that.

norm as a guy is the funniest ever but as a stand up there are better.

jeselnik is ok, but his sets are a case of diminishing returns. he tries too hard to be edgy, announces how a joke is going to offend. i like that first album but his others, not so much. he's also a little one note as a stand up. i really have no idea who he is watching him and since standup is intrinsically kind of a hacky thing, the only way it becomes art to me is if i have some sense of the performer exposing their own vulnerability. saying that i forgot dave attell, probably the best old school joke stand up and so much funnier than jeselnik without being a try hard. 

This is the first I've heard of Norm.

Thank you for sharing

He's a Canadian national treasure and a genius, beyond his mix of anti-humor genius, extreme dad jokes, deadpan deliveries of the absurd and offensive he's also just really quick witted, one of Conan O'Brien's most consistent guests back on his old show. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QQNPlnqBEM

may or may not be your cup of tea, but this show from the 90s had lots of great stand up comedians doing their routines on the psychiatrists couch with beautiful animation.

YES

What about good comedians you can't recommend

Bill Cosby.