IGNORED

Buying the Caustic Window LP

Twelvetrees

If you missed out on the Kickstarter, or the extended offer via PayPal, then I am very sorry, but I am not authorized to sell this release any longer, and Rephlex will not release this officially or otherwise.

We did our best to promote it via Twitter, WATMM, the media, etc. so everyone was given ample time to get in on the offer. I wish I could get everyone who wanted a copy one, but alas everything comes to an end, and so has this. At this point, only folks who haven't redeemed their vouchers are the only ones eligible to get a copy of the music.

So no, no Caustic Window for you, cause you won't go and torrent it or something right? Who would do that...? no way

Well, there are CD's for sale on discogs but definitely not as cheap as Joyrex sold them initially.

Those CDs are either blank or if they have do have the CW LP on them, I'm pretty sure that's technically illegal

Well, there are CD's for sale on discogs but definitely not as cheap as Joyrex sold them initially.

The CDr/Digipak is still available (see the forum main page for link on the right), but does NOT contain/include the music - it was just meant for folks who backed the Kickstarter to be able to burn the tracks to a CDr and have a nice way of storing it in their collections or listening in the car.

Those CDs are either blank or if they have do have the CW LP on them, I'm pretty sure that's technically illegal

Ah, yes. I forgot 'bout that.

• 4 years later...

Is it good guys? The original Caustic Window compilation was excellent.

Honestly, I’m a MUCH bigger fan of the original CW comp. To me, the CW LP sounds a bit like an earlier hangable auto bulb album, but with more abrasive, CW sounds.

Honestly, I’m a MUCH bigger fan of the original CW comp. To me, the CW LP sounds a bit like an earlier hangable auto bulb album, but with more abrasive, CW sounds.

I LOVE the Caustic Window LP. Many of the tracks have quite a different feel from the rest of Richard's work. It's not very much like the other Caustic Window material in my opinion.

I LOVE the Caustic Window LP. Many of the tracks have quite a different feel from the rest of Richard's work. It's not very much like the other Caustic Window material in my opinion.

Hear hear. Personally SOSW-Classics-CWLP make a holy trinity of pre ICBYD AFX stuff (ABB's are great but I somehow see them as a thing of their own). I got some nice Polygon Window vibes from CWLP which I didn't expect at all. But other than that you're right, it is quite different from the other AFX releases. SC dump had some songs which were kinda in the same vein.

Dunno, I got somehow tired of both SAW 1 and CW compilation a couple of years ago and still can't fully enjoy them as I did before. In CW's case it is that abrasive sound that bothers me, sounds too rough on edges. Still, it has some stellar tunes like the two Joyrex songs and of course Garden Of Linmiri.

No, you can no longer "officially" buy digital copies of the Caustic Window LP...

Just want to double check this. It's impossible right? I mean legally... 

Yep - we no longer have the rights to distribute the tracks - only for the Kickstarter.

I've still got the fear of burning mine - can't decide what to put as the pre-gap length.

My internal CDr drive also now has a 50/50 chance of failing to correctly write data around the 35% mark...

I've still got the fear of burning mine - can't decide what to put as the pre-gap length.
My internal CDr drive also now has a 50/50 chance of failing to correctly write data around the 35% mark...

I would sell my CD copy.

If i could find it  :cerious:

You could, y'know, buy another...  :emb:

Archived