IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

18 hours ago, Nebraska said:

in "theaters" bah.. lol. christian cinema is some weird shit. 

yesterday i caught a few minutes of TBN religious channel and they had a full on 30 minute infomercial type talk show about CBD supplements. went full QVC and sold them on air. 

i went to watch one of those 'christian cinema' movies in the theater. it was called 'heaven is for real' about a kid who had a near-death-experience and claimed he met jesus. nobody believed him so he drew an image of jesus which then, miraculously, proved he was telling the truth.

it was based on a true story

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

i went to watch one of those 'christian cinema' movies in the theater. it was called 'heaven is for real' about a kid who had a near-death-experience and claimed he met jesus. nobody believed him so he drew an image of jesus which then, miraculously, proved he was telling the truth.

it was based on a true story

lmao

POP_8x10_First_Right_Framed_9-6-19_1024x

yeah thats the picture, and now when i think about it- i think a girl in russia paints that and the main kid says "that's who i saw when i was in heaven" and everyone is convinced he's telling the truth.

i really loved the fact that the filmmakers (especially the writer) were convinced this story would make believers out of atheists and/or people of other faiths.  

15 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

yeah thats the picture, and now when i think about it- i think a girl in russia paints that and the main kid says "that's who i saw when i was in heaven" and everyone is convinced he's telling the truth.

i really loved the fact that the filmmakers (especially the writer) were convinced this story would make believers out of atheists and/or people of other faiths.  

they're really just seeking approval/status from people like them. i've talked to some evangelical people who made a christian movie and the story goes like this: "we looked around at the type of movies available and didn't find any that fit our values so decided to make our own movie that represents who we are".

Edited by ignatius

also, oof. 

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/tennessee-senator-calls-higher-education-a-liberal-breeding-ground-calls-to-remove-it-all-together

Roberts specifically called out one activist who testified in favor of protecting abortion rights. He asserted without evidence that the woman’s beliefs were a “product of higher education” and claimed that getting rid of higher education would “save America.”

The senator did not immediately respond to a request for further elaboration.

On 9/8/2019 at 9:11 PM, Nebraska said:

In the last few days, the trailer for the latest faith-based film from Kevin Sorbo, has gone viral on our YouTube channel, but not in a positive way. Within 3 days the views for the trailer went from under 400 to over 5,500, with over 130 comments – not in support for the project, but in jest.

The Reliant (2018), was awarded “Best of the Fest” at #GLCFF2019, has had a surge in views from those curious about what the film is about, after several people reviewed and shared it, not to help promote it, but to mock it, and criticize its content. Many YouTube users posted their sarcastic remarks, to oppose the films 2nd Amendment theme, calling it “propaganda” and a call to fight against AntiFa. Within the first month of posting, there were several “likes” to the trailer.

As of this post, there have been over 130 dislikes as a result of the negative viral trolling on the page. Most internet trolls create accounts for the sole purpose of masking their identity, so they can comment on various content and remain anonymous. One user, under the account (supertacticalbacon), stated “Damn you’ve exposed the secret antifa supersoldier plan now we’ll never destroy Christmas.” The comment is one of the top “liked” comments so far. The ratio of “Likes” to “Dislikes” on the trailer is is 2-to-1, in favor of the “Dislikes.”

https://glcff.com/

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Fucked up; no warrant, no adult present, cops choke a teen in his own home, looking for a female not there, then leave without filing any charges.  WTF.

those Wyze security cameras are dead simple to use and cost $25 including shipping. works like a charm. no sign up for anything. just a free account that dumps your footage to a cloud when recording. it gets over written every three days. they have an app for super ease of use. 

https://www.wyze.com

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

Fucked up; no warrant, no adult present, cops choke a teen in his own home, looking for a female not there, then leave without filing any charges.  WTF.

The only thing more fucked up is that this type of cop shit happens so much in America, people are getting desensitized by it.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 3:03 PM, Nebraska said:

^^ to show how the world views america?

What I love the most about this is

Spoiler

the reason her cousin can’t get with her.

• Like 1

The majority of Alaskans today are so fucking ignorant and dysfunctional. More than 2 million acres of the state scorched from wildfires this past summer and they have the audacity to patronize kids calling for government action on climate change. And they voted for a Trump wannabe who promised them that fat stipend we get every October just for being residents, but ended up cutting funding for vital state services left and right in order to live up to that promise (to which he still hasn't)

Likely the same type of people who I see drive like crackheads any given day. For priding themselves in "rugged individualism" they sure have a lot of loyalty to our failed abortion of a president.

• Like 1