IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

I watched a short documentary about a bail bondsman. I had no idea this was a thing and in case I'm not the only one I'll go ahead and explain. A bail bondsman borrows money to people (or their family and friends) in order to bail them out of prison. Most of the people who make use of this "service" are people who have a 0% chance of ever paying the bail bondsman back, and when they can't pay they send bounty hunters after them.

Not only is that a fucking despicable business, but these bounty hunters were the worst white trash pieces of shit who would intimidate anyone they met. When interrogating family members of the person who failed to pay the bond they would go through the person's phone and threaten them in all sorts of ways.

The US seems to be quite good at turning anyone's misery into a business. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Squee said:

I watched a short documentary about a bail bondsman. I had no idea this was a thing and in case I'm not the only one I'll go ahead and explain. A bail bondsman borrows money to people (or their family and friends) in order to bail them out of prison. Most of the people who make use of this "service" are people who have a 0% chance of ever paying the bail bondsman back, and when they can't pay they send bounty hunters after them.

Not only is that a fucking despicable business, but these bounty hunters were the worst white trash pieces of shit who would intimidate anyone they met. When interrogating family members of the person who failed to pay the bond they would go through the person's phone and threaten them in all sorts of ways.

The US seems to be quite good at turning anyone's misery into a business. 

that's sort of correct. the bounty hunters are only sent out if the person skips bail (flees) after being released before trial. 

typically, when a  persons posts bail by any means, the bail is returned when the person shows up for trial. so, if the person splits and goes on the run then the bail money is forfeit. so, when a person cant make bail to get out of jail pretrial then they hope to work something out w/a bailbondsman who loans them the money for a fee and directly posts the bail for the person. when the person shows up for trial the bailbondsman gets his money back and the fee is paid by the person who was arrested. it's basically a loan. but banks don't make these loans because it's too risky. bailbondsman fills the void. 

often people put up their house or other assets as collateral. 

it can be shady business and i wonder if it got it start when some loanshark street hustler figured out a way to go legit. bailbondsman's place of business are often like pawn shops too. people put up  jewelry in exchange for bail then can't pay back the bail fee and the bailbondsman then sells the jewelry in the store. 

there's a lot of issues w/the US legal system especially as it affects poor people w/few resources for paying fees, fines and making bail. 

when i was about 20 i worked as a valet parking cars for this place in miami that's one of the first big condo country club places in aventura. lot's of super rich people. many were terrible many were wonderful and nice and soem were indifferent but interesting. 

one guy was a bail bondsman in New York and i guess other places.. but NYC was his primary location for doing business. His name is Fred Frank. he wasn't the worst person in the world but was someone you just knew you shouldn't fuck with. he was direct a bit coarse and savy/funny in a kind of hollywood gangster smart ass way.  

he jogged 10-20 miles most days and had calves like popeye. he usually had a big cigar in his teeth. one day talking to him another resident at the country club came up. this guy was partially crippled and used walking canes. years ago the guy wasa mess and high and drunk and jumped off his balcony. so, fred frank goes "that son of a bitch.. fucked up my balcony. jumps out his window and hits my balcony on the way down.. son of a bitch"

one night his wife comes home in a cab. we knew she left in her car earlier so asked her where her car was and she said it was stolen in south beach. so next night me a few of the valet guys are down there partying and walking from one place to another we see her car.. so we call fred frank and let him know.. the next day we seem him and ask about the car. he asks who found it and then gave that guy a $100 bill. he goes "fucken car wasn't stolen.. silly broad forgot where she parked.. fucken broad"  

he was a colorful character and i'm sure full of stories.. that condo/country club is full of them really. lot's of interesting, weird, depraved people.

and yes.. you're absolutely right. the US is great at turning personal misery into a business.. abrutal business. 

if you want examples watch "Dirty Money" on netflix.. not all about US but there's a few. the episode called "Slumlord Millionaire" is about the kushner fmaily and their practices w/fucking ruining people w/their practices collecting rent.

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Squee said:

But no matter what, that system is still fucked.

'WE CAN BEAT THIS' 

Dog the Bounty Hunter says coronavirus was predicted in the Bible and world needs to come together in prayer to end it

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/11262325/dog-the-bounty-hunter-says-coronavirus-was-predicted-in-the-bible-and-world-needs-to-come-together-in-prayer-to-end-it/

• Like 1

Students at the New York University Tisch School of the Arts want some of their tuition money back because they say virtual classes aren't what they paid for — but instead of addressing the situation, the school's dean sent them a video of herself dancing to REM's "Losing My Religion."

• Facepalm 1

Man, I'm so glad every other kid didn't have their own youtube channel when I was growing up.  I never looked at my own generation with such revulsion, but I'm sure we would have been notably awful too given the same media platforms.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Man, I'm so glad every other kid didn't have their own youtube channel when I was growing up.  I never looked at my own generation with such revulsion, but I'm sure we would have been notably awful too given the same media platforms.

i've always thought the same thing about smart phones and digital cameras.. god.. there'd be so much evidence of dumb shit we did growing up. 

• Like 1

we don't need medicare for all in america when we have GOD taking care of business. sorry for all other countries because this prayer is for the united states only

Edited by Nebraska
  • Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

When all this blows over we need a dark comedy titled How I Stopped Worrying And Love The USA

put some tigers in it too though. 

7 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

When all this blows over we need a dark comedy titled How I Stopped Worrying And Dropped The Corona Bomb On The USA

fixt that forya

23 minutes ago, ignatius said:

pretty sure american horror story  already  did a nuclear pandemic satan. 

this time it will be about blond airheads with botox lips partying in the middle of a pandemic. think that's new

24 minutes ago, goDel said:

this time it will be about blond airheads with botox lips partying in the middle of a pandemic. think that's new

Plus frat social systems, privatization of healthcare and prisons, private armies, sugar everywhere, patriotism, imperialism, shows where people argue, live news anchors are millionaires...

• Like 3