IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

21 hours ago, ignatius said:

as a kid a put modeling glue all over my hands when i was building something. just on a whim almost. i didn't glue my fingers together or glue my hands to anything.. just panicked and then ran my hands under hotwater and soaped up. i feel for this woman who made a bad decision in a moment of epic bad judgement.

i've heard from some ER nurses (extended family, parents of friends) that all kinds of wild and crazy comes into the ER that are a result of bad judgement... not just "hey watch this!" type judgement but "hey i wonder if duct tape is flammable.. let me put some on my hand and light it on fire to find out" 

Throw some Tide Pods in there, can’t make it any worse.

• Farnsworth 1

On 2/6/2021 at 5:48 PM, ignatius said:

as a kid a put modeling glue all over my hands when i was building something. just on a whim almost. i didn't glue my fingers together or glue my hands to anything.. just panicked and then ran my hands under hotwater and soaped up. i feel for this woman who made a bad decision in a moment of epic bad judgement.

i've heard from some ER nurses (extended family, parents of friends) that all kinds of wild and crazy comes into the ER that are a result of bad judgement... not just "hey watch this!" type judgement but "hey i wonder if duct tape is flammable.. let me put some on my hand and light it on fire to find out" 

Punks used to put Elmer's in their hair so she may have gotten some dumb advice but couldn't find the right glue.

texans going through some real shit right now w/this crazy weather. it's ok though. ted cruz is heading to mexico.. he's going to collect warm air and bring it back. 

the zodiac has spoken. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Texas has been on the verge of a failed state for years. 3 incompetent white male Republican Governors in a row saw to that. Bush, Perry and Abbott helped deregulate everything but the kitchen sink, gutted the ACA in Texas, refused free federal Medicaid expansion, their power grid as we’ve seen is a profit based joke, with no regard for public safety or even minimum standards, let ICE run wild in their state, and pretty much created an “every man for himself” culture of racism and ignorance. Bush almost tanked the world economy with his asinine deregulation of the sub prime housing market once he was POTUS. Fuck them all, and his ugly ass dog paintings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

Texas has been on the verge of a failed state for years. 3 incompetent white male Republican Governors in a row saw to that. Bush, Perry and Abbott helped deregulate everything but the kitchen sink, gutted the ACA in Texas, refused free federal Medicaid expansion, their power grid as we’ve seen is a profit based joke, with no regard for public safety or even minimum standards, let ICE run wild in their state, and pretty much created an “every man for himself” culture of racism and ignorance. Bush almost tanked the world economy with his asinine deregulation of the sub prime housing market once he was POTUS. Fuck them all, and his ugly ass dog paintings.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Satans Little Helper said:

I wonder what Joe Rogan thinks of Texas now. Wasn't he critical about California/LA and preferred the Texas way of governing society?

he should just do what lion ted did and take a vacay south of the border, wait until someone fixes everything and come back 

Edited by Nebraska

I don’t think I’ve ever been so angry about something in my life...and I’ve lived through disasters and mismanagement in Houston for years.

My family and I have been on a year hiatus for my wife’s job up in St. Louis, but are supposed to move back down there by summer i.e. hurricane season.

Right now 90% of my friends, family (including almost 90 year old grandmother), and former students I taught that I have reached out to are either without power, water, or both. Still.

People are suffering and dying there - rich and poor. This “fiercely independent” culture has left this state completely unprepared for climate change and have left millions of people completely vulnerable. 

I’m terrified of the future and am scared that I won’t be able to protect my family.

Oh...and FUCK Ted Cruz.

Edited by Extralife
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Extralife said:

I don’t think I’ve ever been so angry about something in my life...and I’ve lived through disasters and mismanagement in Houston for years.

My family and I have been on a year hiatus for my wife’s job up in St. Louis, but are supposed to move back down there by summer i.e. hurricane season.

Right now 90% of my friends, family (including almost 90 year old grandmother), and former students I taught that I have reached out to are either without power, water, or both. Still.

People are suffering and dying there - rich and poor. This “fiercely independent” culture has left this state completely unprepared for climate change and have left millions of people completely vulnerable. 

I’m terrified of the future and am scared that I won’t be able to protect my family.

If anything, I hope some people come around and realize that civilization/government is there to help all of us. The rugged individualist is a bullshit way of living for anyone past the year 1900.

• Like 2