IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

1 hour ago, BobDobalina said:

I'm a civil engineer btw

I thought your primary designation was "autechre dad". this must be some side hustle you didn't tell me about.

• Burger 1

1 hour ago, BobDobalina said:

Might you have a link to a story/article about this chickanery, perhaps from a reputable news source? (big ask in 2022 I know)

(dickhead translation: "source?")

I'm a civil engineer btw, and on the whole our profession is rightly perturbed about the current state of our infrastructure in the U.S.  The ASCE gives out "report cards" to each state every few years for the condition/resiliency of various infrastructure (power grid, water treatment, highway & rail ports, etc.) and the grades are fucking atrocious.  Just one of those things rich ppl don't wanna pay for cuz how does it  benefit them?

i think at this point just about every profession is rightly perturbed about the infrastructure associated with their profession and how little has been invested in it over the decades

the solution is to take the money away from the rich people without asking and if they refuse put them in jail

Edited by ilqx hermolia xpli
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

i think at this point just about every profession is rightly perturbed about the infrastructure associated with their profession and how little has been invested in it over the decades

the solution is to take the money away from the rich people without asking and if they refuse put them in jail

massively cut military budget. go back to like 1970 (or whatever the year was) tax rates. unfuck banking and SEC and all that shit.. 

but climate change is really the only thing now. and capitalism isn't compatible w/saving the planet. 

i mean.. w/o serious changes.. most of humanity isn't compatible w/saving the planet. 

also, 50+ qtards running for office at various levels. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, BobDobalina said:

Might you have a link to a story/article about this chickanery, perhaps from a reputable news source? (big ask in 2022 I know)

(dickhead translation: "source?")

I'm a civil engineer btw, and on the whole our profession is rightly perturbed about the current state of our infrastructure in the U.S.  The ASCE gives out "report cards" to each state every few years for the condition/resiliency of various infrastructure (power grid, water treatment, highway & rail ports, etc.) and the grades are fucking atrocious.  Just one of those things rich ppl don't wanna pay for cuz how does it  benefit them?

Yes, it was a tweet originally and a report made through the city's "311" app for non-emergency issues.  The local Pgh. media has since picked up on it:

https://www.post-gazette.com/local/city/2022/01/28/pittsburgh-bridge-collapse-2018-photo-point-breeze-frick-park/stories/202201280107

These photos taken in 2018 show damage to the Forbes Avenue Bridge over Fern Hollow Creek which collapsed on Friday, Jan. 28th, 2022. (Courtesy of Greg Kochanski)

Here's a link to the news story about PA diverting funds from roads & bridges to fund state cops:

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh-county/2019/04/42-billion-diverted-from-penndot-road-and-bridge-repairs-to-fund-state-police-new-audit-reveals.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, cern said:

How can that old smuch Joe even be a president? Fucking US and A 

do you remember the last guy the US had as president? like we had much of a fucking choice here. the 2020 election was either a vote for continued la-la land insanity, or a vote to try and bring things in this country back to some level of "normal." I'm not a huge Biden fan either, but at least he's not stupid ass trump. and sadly, and I can't believe this is reality, but there is decent shot that that fucking guy could come back to Make America Great Again Again!

Edited by zero
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, zero said:

do you remember the last guy the US had as president? like we had much of a fucking choice here. the 2020 election was either a vote for continued la-la land insanity, or a vote to try and bring things in this country back to some level of "normal." I'm not a huge Biden fan either, but at least he's not stupid ass trump. and sadly, and I can't believe this is reality, but there is decent shot that that fucking guy could come back to Make America Great Again Again!

What are the odds that Trump gonna come back and making everything "Great Again"? I mean really. 

Only news nowdays about him is "Trump and the storming of Capitolium". 
It doesn't looks like he have a bright future but who knows? It's America. 

1 hour ago, cern said:

It doesn't looks like he have a bright future but who knows? It's America. 

Trump is like one of those cartoon villains that never dies. as long as he's not dead, in jail, or in serious legal doo doo, then that motherfucker is going to be constantly hovering over our political system for many years to come. I have no doubt he will be back in 2024. I'm reporting from the ground here in trump land, and can tell you that without a doubt people will still vote for that guy, despite the 2016-2020 nonsense. it is all 200% illogical. future generations will all be facepalming massively when they read about this era of America land. shit just keeps getting dumber here. bunkers and cabins in the woods. that's all that's left to escape all this. 

• Sad 1
  • Burger 1

13 hours ago, prdctvsm said:

3 members of the Orlando not-getting-laid-club arrested, they took the victim’s cell phone, which is grand larceny, and since they were all suited up in Nazi paraphernalia, Florida’s hate crime statute applies 

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/3-arrested-following-violent-outbreak-at-neo-nazi-rally-in-orlando.amp

4D4F9B58-15CD-4CB5-9923-D1D0F03C7A27.webp

• Like 3

I find America completely broken and insane. I wish I was some genius computer programmer and could work from anywhere. Id be out of here in a heartbeat

• Like 3

1 hour ago, marf said:

I find America completely broken and insane. I wish I was some genius computer programmer and could work from anywhere. Id be out of here in a heartbeat

It's still one of the best places in the world to earn your income due to the relatively low taxes (as long as you're healthy!).  I'm 15 years away from retirement but I sure have been thinking a lot about where I would want to go to spend what will hopefully be a long and relaxing retirement.

• Like 1