IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion?

The US is taking a hard turn towards a conservative kakistocratic theocracy. Good luck.

Bad Kingdom (Scarfolk Council)

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, dcom said:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion?

The US is taking a hard turn towards a conservative kakistocratic theocracy. Good luck.

Bad Kingdom (Scarfolk Council)

ameristan. with peter thiel and others wanting to create an anti-woke parallel economy that will encompass everything a person sees and consumes it's only a matter of time until we have borders to define this that are real. the NE, the coasts will be one america and everything else will be part of its own reality ruled by fake news and religious fascism. the 2 realities will be based on what their feeds are showing them. it will be upside down and backwards and bizarre with full embrace of the conspiracies in one world and the other world will be ya know.. "normal" for lack of a better word. 

also, 

• Like 3

internet came along and it seemed like a good thing. then social media started and it was fun at first. smart phones showed up and we then had access to internet everywhere. the US elects it's first black president and it seemed like we are heading in the right direction in regards to concepts like equality, do unto others, all that. during Obama's terms, slowly the idiot brigade starts rearing its insane head. the tea party. Ted Cruz. then turtle man Mitch starts losing his mind, and the R's all follow. then donald appears claiming Obama's a muslim, all because O pissed him off somehow, and donald's racism can't hold back. this outright lie gains steam, and others jump on board, all because they too can't control their racism toward having a black president. this builds and escalates to the point that an outright lie turns into the liar joking about running for president. then this too gains traction, even though it's still somewhat of a joke. and then the motherfucker gets elected. now the lies are spewed out 24/7 through twitter since he has all the attention, and others are attracted to the anger and start actually believing the lies, because they fit their personal narrative (and everyone has a smartphone to push more and more lies, and CNN and those guys give donald 24/7 coverage). and now we have just about half (or more) of the country believing in absolute bullshit, because they can't let go of their affiliations with the republican party. 

like @trying to be less rude said in another thread, we are witnessing the modern destruction of reality. and now it is changing the fabric of this country through legislation. complete and utter backwards ass legislation that does not lead us forward, but sets us back to times when mankind hadn't yet amassed knowledge through experience, science, and whatever other factors add into the human mind being able to absorb factual information. having a country move toward believing in all these lies, and changing our laws to suit them, is unsustainable. it's slowly getting to the point that we cannot turn and hide from this any longer, but need to take action to stop this. and that is when this all hits the fan. I really think the momentum is building for some modern version of a civil war. this is not going to be some blue coats vs. grey coats thing, this is going to be far messier. look at what is happening in Ukraine for example. 

I just don't fucking know how any of us are going to be able to continue to mentally deal with all this crap that gets thrown at us on what seems now like a daily basis. it is utterly depressing to have to time after time hear about school shootings, and now this dumb ass shit of overturning the right to an abortion. I know I am preaching to the choir on this forum, but this is as good an outlet as any to post some truth. and this is where I'll stop, because then I start going down a dark AI influenced rabbit hole, and saying shit like Kaczynski was right in his opening remarks - 

1. The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race. They have greatly increased the life-expectancy of those of us who live in “advanced” countries, but they have destabilized society, have made life unfulfilling, have subjected human beings to indignities, have led to widespread psychological suffering (in the Third World to physical suffering as well) and have inflicted severe damage on the natural world. The continued development of technology will worsen the situation. It will certainly subject human beings to greater indignities and inflict greater damage on the natural world, it will probably lead to greater social disruption and psychological suffering, and it may lead to increased physical suffering even in “advanced” countries.

• Like 5
  • Farnsworth 1

I am very afraid for the remaining democratic institutions and structures if Trump comes back in 2024. Fucking hell we are seeing them being dismantled before our very eyes right now.

The democratic impulse is dying in the USA. 

The amount of people that seems perfectly ok with an american style fascist/theocratic/strong leader government is terrifying. But sooner than later this shit is gonna blow in all their faces. If history has taught us one thing, is that if a people make the fatal mistake to support fascism they WILL pay the price in suffering to the tenfold because fascism only lead to national self-destruction.

The dark power of propaganda and lies...

As a canadian i am also very worried of the impact it will have to local politics. And world politics for that matter.

• Like 2

This is all leading to us being destroyed in minutes by foreign nations who are salivating at the very notion of internal divide and conquer coming to a head.

Hannah Arendt:

If everybody always lies to you, the consequence is not that you believe the lies, but rather that nobody believes anything any longer. This is because lies, by their very nature, have to be changed, and a lying government has constantly to rewrite its own history. On the receiving end you get not only one lie — a lie which you could go on for the rest of your days — but you get a great number of lies, depending on how the political wind blows. And a people that no longer can believe anything cannot make up its mind. It is deprived not only of its capacity to act but also of its capacity to think and to judge. And with such a people you can then do what you please.

• Like 6

Kyle Kulinski opposes fighting against the police because "it's unpopular  to do so" : r/ShitLiberalsSay

Pretty much goes for any centrist/ right leaning parties. Any "left" policies they have are purely for show and for them to have a sense of moral superiority. There's never any action however.

Edited by milkface
  • Like 2

As a gen X'er, can I please just have my death of history and slightly bewildering postmodernism back instead of what all this shite is.

Edited by kakapo
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, kakapo said:

As a gen X'er, can I please just have my death of history and slightly bewildering postmodernism back instead of what all this shite is.

b708f18bb488c37c19d2650390d83b9421822711

a new ecosystem came into being (the new info realm) and we get to live through the primitive, primordial early days of a world shaped by human minds. last time it took 2 million years to learn what lessons we did.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Fucking OCD will probably make me delete this out of compulsion later. but all the frustration, anger and fear I have with this country's constant, disgusting shit really brings me down and gets to me. this is human lives's rights being taken away. fucking abysmal and barbaric.

• Like 2

Four more years until the 250 mark. Pretty sure that's about the average lifespan of any major dynasty or empire throughout the course of human civilization.

I have a feeling collapse is inevitable for this country. And it's probably for the best.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ambermonke said:

Four more years until the 250 mark. Pretty sure that's about the average lifespan of any major dynasty or empire throughout the course of human civilization.

I have a feeling collapse is inevitable for this country. And it's probably for the best.

we're already in a very dark place. we're there. people are ready to vote out biden and let desantis get in there because the disinfo works. information has been electrified so that the masses are afraid to touch it. just buffalo being herded off cliffs, with a narrow window of hope. the next 4 months, the next year, the next few years, the next 5-10 years are very important for this country. i've been waiting for the gop to age out and we need to make it happen. maybe dobbs will be the decisive turn, we will see.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ambermonke said:

it'll get worse before it gets better. 

• Like 4