IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

in the US summat went drastically wrong, its not just legal oxy & illicit smack, its xanax & *insert prescriptions here* that seems to have escalated beyond anything you might expect from such a nation

Well for starters, in an early slippery (slippy) step into the capitalist shitopia we inhabit in today (don't remember exactly but presume Reagan-era), our lawmakers and courts decided it was a-o-kay for pharma to directly advertise prescription drugs to the public, tv, newspapers, magazines, everywhere; thence bringing us such hits as "Ask your doctor if <drug> is right for you," "Side effects may include... <effect>, <effect>, and diarrhea," boner pills, and the latest hit single, opioid epidemics. And the best part is all the cunts are making mad bank off it too!

Genuinely curious, do other countries / cultures tolerate this shit?

At least in Finland it's illegal to market prescription drugs directly to the general public. So no ads in TV, magazines, etc.

the English colonised India.

chuckle vision

lots of indian men here that play cricket, providing the parks with use they otherwise wouldn't get. i enjoy watching it.

saaaaafe, its a mint game, plus cricket is on the rise in the US, a bit like rugby, 2 games the US could really challenge the rest of world at in the not too distant future

cricket test matches over 5 days are one of sport's temporal glitches that somehow work, imagine following a game for 5 whole days.......bliss

Keep it classy America. 

Customer pulls gun when McDonald's runs out of Egg McMuffins

WARREN, OHIO - A man is wanted in Ohio for pulling a gun on a McDonald's employee who told him they were out of Egg McMuffins.

According to the Associated Press, the incident occurred shortly after 3:30 a.m. Wednesday at a McDonald's in Warren, Ohio about 60 miles southeast of Cleveland.

In a statement released by the fast food giant on Sunday, McDonald's acknowledged that its super-limited batch of novelty sauce "though well intentioned, clearly wasn't enough to meet demand. Not cool."

The worker told police that two men inside the car appeared to be around 20 years old, the AP reported.  She said the driver called her a vulgar name after pulling out the gun and then cursed at her again before driving away.

Warren police hope to identify the men using surveillance video footage.

the English colonised India.

chuckle vision

lots of indian men here that play cricket, providing the parks with use they otherwise wouldn't get. i enjoy watching it.

saaaaafe, its a mint game, plus cricket is on the rise in the US, a bit like rugby, 2 games the US could really challenge the rest of world at in the not too distant future

cricket test matches over 5 days are one of sport's temporal glitches that somehow work, imagine following a game for 5 whole days.......bliss

Personally, I'd like to see native Peruvians play American Football.

to quote Boris, "cripes", the Ashes & the urn involved take on a whole new meaning

the game's been thru every marketing gimmick available, daft colours, pink balls, day/night, ultra short slog matches, India's massive money domestic league, but 5 day Test matches are proper fun & the forthcoming Australia v Inglan series will light up winter

if you fancy an outstanding documentary on the sociological focus of the game globally & the infamous West Indies teams that put the fear of christ into every team they played (where else could you get a fast bowler nicknamed Whispering Death?), this is well worth a watch

351876-fire-in-babylon-movie-review-8752

Thoughts and prayers, indeed...that has worked out so well before.

Aren't these kind of mass shootings happening often enough for shit to get done on gun control or has the country accepted that these kind of massacres are the norm and allows them to love their guns. Kinda like we accept a certain amount of traffic deaths to keep stuff running.

Thoughts and prayers, indeed...that has worked out so well before.

Aren't these kind of mass shootings happening often enough for shit to get done on gun control or has the country accepted that these kind of massacres are the norm and allows them to love their guns. Kinda like we accept a certain amount of traffic deaths to keep stuff running.

but... but... but... this shooting wouldn't have happened if everyone in the church had a gun? 

ffs. 

Why is a white man gunning down groups of unarmed civilians with an AR-15 not being called an act of terrorism in mainstream news?

"A mentally ill lone wolf" my ass. Call it for what it is.

The right wing fruitcakes called the vegas shooter a radicalised leftist, or something along those lines. So this one might be called similarly as well, i'm guessing. It shouldnt take too long before the terrorism term will be used as well.

Why is a white man gunning down groups of unarmed civilians with an AR-15 not being called an act of terrorism in mainstream news?

"A mentally ill lone wolf" my ass. Call it for what it is.

I guess cos there isn't a clear political motive for this guy yet. but I take your point, the word is often used in connection with the perpetrator's skin colour or background.

the first thing they teach you in terrorism studies is that the definition of terrorism is ill-defined and it's often used as a weapon to delegitimise political opponents.

As it has been said before, if nothing happened after Sandy Hook, then it will never happen. An incident in which 20 six and seven year olds were massacred. I guess they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, standing in between Americans and the second amendment.