IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

here's the story.. and your pill of rage for the day

https://www.yahoo.com/news/maga-hatted-teens-harass-native-182138098.html

i hate these kind of clickbait clips that only provoke unfocused hyperbolic responses. there is a lot to unpack in just this clip even without knowing the full context. on a basic level there isn't very much happening in this video. but you have to look at the subtext. on a very basic level this looks a lot like any example of a gang of teenagers getting a 'dangerous' kick from being somewhat confrontational to an 'other', in this case a native american elder. then you add in the aspect of the maga kids bringing their arguably mocking energy to the indigenous people's march, which is a serious thing trying to address real problems, and also consider the callous history of abuse towards natives by colonists and this becomes more nasty of a thing. on surface value this is just teenagers being assholes. but it signals to a larger cultural malaise.

a lot of people were reminded of similar scenes of teens "just standing there" 

962d792apgb21.jpg?width=962&auto=webp&s=

and apparently they were yelling "build the wall" at some point and yelling at Native Americans to build a wall is obviously not about immigration.. it's about white supremacy which is the path these little maga fucks are headed down. that maga hat is some kind of license for little cocky fucks to be assholes beyond just normal stupid inexperienced ignorant teenager bullshit. they put it on and they think they're bigger or part of something bigger that makes them 'supreme' non-whites.  these kids feel entitled and yes they're stupid teens who probably have shit parents and shit educations. but that's how the world sees america these days.. that's how a lot of america sees america these days. 

Edited by ignatius

One of the most depressing things I’ve seen recently. Teaching high school I’ve noticed more and more that boys in particular have this propensity to entitled arrogance and ignorant contrarianism. And that there is literally no way to change their minds despite the fact that their mums still pack their lunches and iron their boxers.

Edited by bendish

it's all the worse when you realise that most of the time that kind of callow pigheadedness can only be knocked off course by some hard reality check, and when you're born into wealth and privilege and private schools and segregated communities, there is little prospect of any reality check. these people are often ideally positioned and groomed to become leaders. and so nothing changes.

Edited by usagi

Some of those kids will face disciplinary action from their school including possible expulsion

https://www.newsweek.com/maga-cap-wearing-pupils-catholic-school-who-taunted-native-americans-could-1298460

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope that includes the little prick who stared down Nathan. Whether the school is sincere about justice or just doing it to save face, it's a step in the right direction.

it's all the worse when you realise that most of the time that kind of callow pigheadedness can only be knocked off course by some hard reality check, and when you're born into wealth and privilege and private schools and segregated communities, there is little prospect of any reality check. these people are often ideally positioned and groomed to become leaders. and so nothing changes.

I hope this possible expulsion will at least knock some sense into them. They're still young, and they're at a ripe age for both making plenty of fuckups and room for self-improvement. My hope is that this behavior will be more difficult in general to get away with without consequences down the road.

(I sure said 'hope' a lot)

Wait... so those kids were participating in an anti-abortion march?  Expulsion's not going to do much if they're just going to go right back to an environment that's cultivating this sort of behaviour.  They r fuct.

Wait... so those kids were participating in an anti-abortion march?  Expulsion's not going to do much if they're just going to go right back to an environment that's cultivating this sort of behaviour.  They r fuct.

it's a private catholic school.  a lot of schools like this are pretty much brainwashing centers. arguably all schools are to some degree but religious schools are often culturally exclusionary. there's a very focused narrative to their education. if a kid is in there for entire education from preschool to adulthood the kids is probably gonna end up w/certain views/beliefs and an air of superiority by default. 

evangelicals and hyper religious people often have at minimum a very cocky sort of world view because they have this 'relationship' w/god and sort of 'have it all figured out' and things that fall outside of that world view they have.. are 'weird' or for 'abnormal freaks'. 

had a chat w/a nice young kid who was maybe a year before college age.. and he was an evangelical homeschooled kid and was talking to other kids of similar age about things like heaven and when reincarnation came up as a topic his immediate comment was "that's weird and makes no sense" but the idea of dying and going to heaven was of course much more possible and he had no doubt that's what happens when you die. never mind there's a few billion people or however many.. who have a strong belief in reincarnation as part of their religion. 

those kids in the maga hats seem more like frat kids in the making. they'll be sexist, homophobic, white supremacists and probably not even examine those things as flaws... until they are made to cry about it. 

https://nypost.com/2013/03/24/fdny-ems-lt-spews-racist-anti-semitic-tweets-but-cried-when-confronted/

180522-fdny-lt-cries-when-confronted-fea

Some of those kids will face disciplinary action from their school including possible expulsion

https://www.newsweek.com/maga-cap-wearing-pupils-catholic-school-who-taunted-native-americans-could-1298460

The smugness on that kid's face will follow him for life. Seeing the old guy in tears really angered me, he was here first!

FLOL... the whole narrative seems to be bullshit. apparently the native american guy walked into the group of kids who were waiting to get on a bus or something. 

full details in this guy's video 

Kid still needs a face punching.

Apparently he got doxed.

What a shit show. It sucks to be fooled by the prevailing wind of bullshit.

Just makes me want to pay attention less and less.