IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

Seems like the American police force will do anything not to run after someone these days

"Fuck it man shoot him into hand cuffs"

"Get out and arrest someone?? naw run him over"

Arizona cop thinks he's playing GTA, fully runs over suspect without even slowing down.

http://youtu.be/K8KWyEa5NNs

Wow what the fuck. The cop should be charged with aggravated assault, aggravated assault with a motor vehicle, reckless driving, and destruction of private property. That is beyond fucked up.

Now imagine he did that with an APC

Edit: ah I see from this article that "the officer has been identified as Michael Rapiejko. Warren said Rapiejko was put on a standard administrative leave because the incident was considered use of force. The Pima county attorney’s office cleared Rapiejko of any wrongdoing and he is back on duty, Warren said."

FLOL. :facepalm:

i think the criminal was in the "shoot to kill" stage and waving a gun when he got rammed, so there's nothing wrong with ramming him before he gets to shoot someone. good job Officer Michael Rapiejko and God bless America and our freedoms of things.

i think the criminal was in the "shoot to kill" stage and waving a gun when he got rammed, so there's nothing wrong with ramming him before he gets to shoot someone. good job Officer Michael Rapiejko and God bless America and our freedoms of things.

Open carry is legal in Arizona - cops say he fired a shot, video doesn't back that up, rather it shows him pointing the gun to his own head.

Now obviously the guy is a criminal (there is video of him stealing the gun etc.) but that does not absolve the police of the responsibility to follow the law.

i don't know american cop's rules of engagemnt, but if he was in a "shoot to kill" phase ramming him instead of shooting him was simply a quicker and less dangerous (to the cops) option. i guess that's why the cop was cleared very quick.

Edited by eugene

founding fathers fighting off the redcoats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_of_Washington

The things I don't know could fill a carnival cruise ship, thanks for the interesting bit of history.

My video still stands. I think Ben Franklin is the black guy with the big gun...

Edited by Audioblysk

i don't know american cop's rules of engagemnt, but if he was in a "shoot to kill" phase ramming him instead of shooting him was simply a quicker and less dangerous (to the cops) option. i guess that's why the cop was cleared very quick.

Except he wasn't in "shoot to kill" phase, he was walking down the street.

Thanks for playing eugene.

the cop wouldn't get cleared so fast if there was any suspicion of misconduct.

a culture that prevents cops acting criminally from being prosecuted can contribute to that.

In the full video he turns towards the cops, shows his rifle fires it into the air, and then starts walking. They should have just shot him. There was no need to run him over. He had a gun that he discharged in public, and apparently was ignoring the police orders. They were AOK to take him down as he was posing a threat to the people around him.

Also, Chen I will respond to your questions in a bit, but I'm very busy atm.

@ ~2:08

Edited by AdieuErsatzEnnui

I think that engaging him with a pistol in this situation is pretty well controlled. He was allowing them to get close, and turning his back. As you can see in the video running him over also posed its own risks. I don't really care beyond the fact that it isn't really inline with police procedure to run people down. I don't think the officer should charged with anything. Maybe just walk the officers involved through how to handle the situation inline with procedure. It's ironic that they didn't use their guns given that this was one of those situations where they would have been justified.

One time a guy tapped my bumper in heavy traffic and waved me to pull over. He didn't want me to think it was a hit and run kind of situation. Well... I fed his remains to a piranha tank that evening. I'm a cop btw.

Ahahahahh yeah there's no corruption in police departments.

In the full video he turns towards the cops, shows his rifle fires it into the air, and then starts walking. They should have just shot him. There was no need to run him over. He had a gun that he discharged in public, and apparently was ignoring the police orders. They were AOK to take him down as he was posing a threat to the people around him.

He fires the gun into the air. The air.

Maybe some birds are at risk?

The guy is clearly mentally ill.

The police had done what looks like a good job of clearing the streets. There was no one for him to pose a danger to, except for police - and I would hazard a guess there's something in the job description about danger for police.

Weren't you advocating for defunding the police? Who's gonna pay for the broken wall, damage to the other vehicle, damage for the police vehicle etc etc.

This act is reprehensible.

Still at least no one died. Yay I guess.

The police had done what looks like a good job of clearing the streets. There was no one for him to pose a danger to, except for police - and I would hazard a guess there's something in the job description about danger for police.

Weren't you advocating for defunding the police? Who's gonna pay for the broken wall, damage to the other vehicle, damage for the police vehicle etc etc.

You know that bullets fired into the air come down eventually? It doesn't matter if he is ill. That makes no difference to the fact that he is a person wielding a deadly weapon and discharging it within city limits where there are people. He is only about 100 yards from a very busy street. He is near lots of buildings. I highly doubt they are all empty. He is not responding to officers. He turned towards officers and brandished his weapon. He is responsible for the fact that he crossed the line into becoming a threat. They dealt with that threat and saved others from getting injured. I'm sure the police will cover the broken items. Generally the people who cause damage are responsible for it. I think you're being too quick to call something "reprehensible". It's definitely not reprehensible. A little crazy maybe. Yes, I was not totally serious about defunding the police. I only think that they need to momentarily be defunded so that they can reevaluate their purpose. I also believe that they need about 50% of their budget under the current system, but I would like to have a police force that has highly educated and trained folks that get paid well, and not undereducated, undertrained, and poorly vetted folks.

You know that bullets fired into the air come down eventually? It doesn't matter if he is ill. That makes no difference to the fact that he is a person wielding a deadly weapon and discharging it within city limits where there are people. He is only about 100 yards from a very busy street. He is near lots of buildings. I highly doubt they are all empty. He is not responding to officers. He turned towards officers and brandished his weapon. He is responsible for the fact that he crossed the line into becoming a threat. They dealt with that threat and saved others from getting injured. I'm sure the police will cover the broken items. Generally the people who cause damage are responsible for it. I think you're being too quick to call something "reprehensible". It's definitely not reprehensible. A little crazy maybe. Yes, I was not totally serious about defunding the police. I only think that they need to momentarily be defunded so that they can reevaluate their purpose. I also believe that they need about 50% of their budget under the current system, but I would like to have a police force that has highly educated and trained folks that get paid well, and not undereducated, undertrained, and poorly vetted folks.

Shit, do they? Gravity, how does that work.

Do you know that people who are mentally ill are very often found not accountable for their actions due to their illness? This must be some new form of "compassionate libertarianism".

I didn't know that not responding to the police allowed them to run you over. I'll keep that in mind next time I visit the US.

You believe the police need 50% of their budget, but would like to see them be well-trained, well-educated and well paid. So you want them to do more with less. Ah austerity. Wonderful stuff. I mean, it's pure fantasy, but wonderful stuff nonetheless.

you can pull that argument about any issue any time which makes it kinda meaningless.

you can pull that argument about any issue any time which makes it kinda meaningless.

this applies to your own statement too, how frustrating for you