IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

So dude waded in to the MAGA teens? Fine by me. They all need to get waded into the fucking sea. 

yeah.. it's really kind of a non-story in a way.. seems confrontational on video but i'm sure there were little 'stories' like this throughout the day at the marches... 

ugh.. fucking fatigue. 

Kind of a one-two punch with the Buzzfeed pushback. Jason Leopold, one of the writers of the buzzfeed article already had a checkered past. It’s intentionally misleading to soften the blow of what’s to come.

• 2 weeks later...

So WATMM, a lot of you are from everywhere else, what say you? How full of ourselves are we?

This thread is 90% North Americans talking about North America; I think you can draw your own conclusions.

I feel this is a good time for me to whip out the only Marilyn Manson song you really need.

That album generally feels pretty relevant right now. I never appreciated the concept when I was an angsty teenager but they hit the nail on the head (pun acknowledged)

So WATMM, a lot of you are from everywhere else, what say you? How full of ourselves are we?

This thread is 90% North Americans talking about North America; I think you can draw your own conclusions.

I typed out a long response but fuck it. You lumping all North Americans together let’s me draw some conclusions about you.

Many of the various bits of Canada are honestly not that different to the corresponding adjacent bits of the US. Take Ohio, and swap its guns and some of its racist coppers for half decent public health, and you have southern Ontario. Ditto for the Midwest and southern MB/SK; for the Anglophone Maritimes and NE New England. 

I’d say Canadian culture is very different to American culture. And thus our commentary on the US will be substantively different to theirs.

But that’s just me.

And the Now That Trump's President thread is 90% non-Americans talking about Trump. Funny

had a discussion on taxes last day with a libertarian. (who happens to currently live in belgium, btw but he's from the us) my god, can those libertarians be difficult to argue with... :(

(i sent him the rutger bregman in davos tweet: taxes taxes taxes. you can pretty much predict how that went) 

had a discussion on taxes last day with a libertarian. (who happens to currently live in belgium, btw but he's from the us) my god, can those libertarians be difficult to argue with... :(

(i sent him the rutger bregman in davos tweet: taxes taxes taxes. you can pretty much predict how that went)

I think that probably has something to do with the US being the only fucking country on earth (besides eritrea!) that tax expats on worldwide income.

My friend happened to be born in the US while his (british) parents were working there 30+ years ago. He has never lived there, except for the first few weeks of his life. He recently had to pay thousands to renounce his US citizenship to prevent them coming after him for tax. Insane

Wait, it’s not the beer we’re supposed to be concerned with in that pic is it.

Also fully impressed at the Vietnamese kid quoting Close to the Edge.