IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

Never

You don't ever fantasize about executing some PUNK trying to shoot people up in a crisis? Heroes glory? What are you gonna do HUH, RUN?! They'll get ur ass for sure. Better safe than sorry at Walmart

Is easy to think about that but I don't know if it would as easy in reality, unless the guy were Hitler himself

Anyone on this forum carry a concealed gun? I've considered it..

I have a 9mm Beretta that my Grandpa got me for a very early and planned 18th birthday gift. He died when I was around 15 and my Dad passed it on to me when I turned old enough. He was a green beret in Korea and was one of the most hard-assed Irish sumbitches I've ever encountered - I once saw him blast a seagull that was stealing his fries, I shit you not... Anyways... The gun sits in my Grandma's house so I don't really use it more than once every year or two for target shooting with my redneck buddies.

The idea that people would actually consider having a gun for protection. I dunno. What would you do? Aim at someone and actually pull the trigger, potentially killing someone by a snap of your pointing finger? Can't imagine any situation outside of actual wartime or a hollywood movie where I'd even consider it a viable solution.

Call me an idiot, but I don't ever want to point a loaded gun at someone. And I don't understand people who would.

Years ago, I lived in a house with a gang of other people who made money off illicit affairs. Due to the nature of this house and the people who came through it, we experienced a few break-in's. One night, we were all upstairs (it was a big house) and someone busted the window by the dining room and was rummaging in the kitchen. Dude must've thought nobody was home. Even though there were 3 to 5 guns in the house, nobody grabbed one. I grabbed an empty bong, some people grabbed golf clubs... one dude even grabbed a lamp. The guy who broke in got hit a few times with a golf club and fled out the broken window as we weren't really trying to kill anyone, it's a real fight or flight response you get in with those situations.

Point being - ever since then, I've always realized the absurdity of having a gun in your home for protection. You're gonna wake up, dazed, in the dark, possibly with family, friends or loved ones around... grab your gun... head to where a home invader is in your home and then fire blinding rounds of ammo at someone in close range in an attempt to end that persons life... because he wanted your laptop or jewelry??

Seems a little absurd to me, but Americans watch a lot of bad movies and have problems with their penis sizes..

Seems a little absurd to me, but Americans watch a lot of bad movies and have problems with their penis sizes..

My theory is males who are insecure about their manhood are the ones more likely to be packing heat everywhere they go. The metal variety, of course.

This applies more to urban environs tho. Out in the country, that's a different story.

Edited by ambermonk

You think it's safer to have a gun in a situation where the intruder has a gun? It would be better not to have a gun, imo. If both have a gun, it's more likely someone would get shot. And i believe a baseball bat would be more effective. It's more likely you actually can hit what you want to hit. And the outcome is non-lethal while still as effective.

You think it's safer to have a gun in a situation where the intruder has a gun? It would be better not to have a gun, imo. If both have a gun, it's more likely someone would get shot. And i believe a baseball bat would be more effective. It's more likely you actually can hit what you want to hit. And the outcome is non-lethal while still as effective.

I don't really know to be honest. I don't have any delusions about how people making dumb decisions and how people attempting to defend themselves can go wrong quickly, If someone intruded into my home like that, i'd probably go insane. In part because that's my personal space, and i'm supposed to feel safe here. I don't like being paranoid about things like that happening and prefer to assume it probably never will. I don't own a handgun, but I do keep a large high carbon fixed blade near me (in my pack) at all times. I haven't the slightest idea how i'd react.

I just don't think that all firearm owners are tooting their horn, or show-offs, or delusional idiots even. A lot of them just don't want to ever be defenseless in situations that are utterly unpredictable. In an ideal world this stuff would never happen but lets get real here: American has a massive pool of people who are not very bright. Pandoras box is already open and guns are EVERYWHERE here. There's no going back now unfortunately, even if that would be ideal. I won't deny that concealed carry types can often be complete morons, but there is some who just prefer to keep one around and hope they never have to upholster it.

There's certainly been cases where bad situations go any number of ways. Sometimes assailants end up getting hurt by empowered citizens, other times there are consequences for fighting back. There's also a lot of times when people end up getting hurt without any means of defense whatsoever. It's a cruel world sometimes and it makes no sense.

I'm not trying to justify guns or the morons who tote them around like some symbol of strength especially, but our country can be a bit unpredictable compared to nations that cut the guns out long ago. You guys have it lucky I suppose. I just don't see how there's any way to remedy America now. The number of guns here is mind boggling and any dummy can get them in their hands whether legal or not.

:emb:

Edited by maitake

Bats FTW, cricket, baseball, hurleys, field hockey sticks... whatever... I've never been into guns, but god forbid I ever encounter an intruder, reckon it's be much more satisfying to administer a beatdown.

If anyone's interested in starting a National (or International) Bats-as-Weapons Association (for home self-defense only, of course) pm a wood packing mutha

beating someone over the head with a baseball bat isn't necessarily all that safer than shooting them. I mean, you can kill someone with a single punch as well.

meanwhile...

If that quote isn't already in a dubstep track I'll give everyone on WATMM a dollar.

not really you greedy fucks i'm broke

More interesting than the satisfaction of a douche high on extreme right wing rhetoric getting tazed is that brief perceptual shift from a psychobabble-spouting brain in a jar to awareness that his interactions with the world are both facilitated and limited by a physical body. A good reminder for all of us to take regular breaks from the internet.