IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

"Chocolate socket."

my favourite bit was "I prepared to bust into her shit-shack with my splattering ram, looking at her slavering, pulsing crap valve, which for an instant seemed to wink at me like an old friend"

too busy lolin' to help you with your Excel problem now, chen.

rare to see brits outside of the cities. so you are already getting a privileged/skewed view of America, just as i would if i went to the UK

I remember when you used to be able to smoke on planes. I would hunker down with a fresh pack of Lucky Strikes, get two bottles of gin and two beers and have at er.

really? how old were you then? and when did that stop being a thing?

sometimes i think it would have been annoying for the non smokers being trapped in a cabin like that then i remember EVERYBODY SMOKED

I think the last international flight I was able to smoke on was in the early 2000s. It was on JAL. So I would have been almost 30 then.

• 2 weeks later...

holy shit, disobey mom? She'll murder you and just throw you in the freezer. I swear, some of these news stories seems like Eli Roth movies...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/detroit-mother-due-court-2-kids-found-freezer-044913379.html

welcome to detroit my friend. Were also home to the latest cop beating civilian/ cop planting coke story making the rounds. Among many others. A convenience store owner down the road from me got shot & killed last night. Disgusting things happen everyday here.

check the top 5 stories. The Bouthel one is a real dousy too. Not sure how much they divulge in the article.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/

they'll be 5 new ones to replace those tomorrow. just as shitty.

Edited by olo

one interesting development is that in terms of America being 'better' than other places, one of the only ways this is actually true in 2015 is that marijuana out in places like California, Oregon are super out in the open and borderline legal. A guy from BC, Canada walked up to me when smoking a joint in SF at the Aphex tribute night and said 'i can't believe how open people are in SF about smoking weed, BC is the weed capital of north america and people over there are way more secretive about it'

If you want to do international traveling 'weed tourism' California and Colorado are looking pretty fucking good right now even if you live halfway across the globe. Kinda odd how America ended up being such a pot mecca, only a fool would go all the way to Amsterdam these days to smoke weed in coffee shops.

I don't know where that guy is from in BC but in vancouver people are pretty open about smoking it on the street.

Also, if you think that weed being legal in a couple of states is the only way America is better than a lot of the rest of the world, might I suggest actually traveling to a developing nation? Or even a semi-developed nation? There's plenty that's wrong with American society and governance, but it pales in comparison to how fucked up a lot of places in the world actually are.

Hey chen, come to think of it: what's your view on the current negotiations about iran's nuclear programme? It might deserve a thread on its own. And it might even already exist. But i'm curious. Is this going to be a good deal? And more on topic I guess, is this an example of another kind of US when it comes to international policy?

Dialogue is preferable to bombast. Iran is no existential threat to either the US or Israel.

Engagement is a much better strategy than invasion, so let's hope it's a new leaf for American foreign policy, but the idea of American exceptionalism seems to be on the rise again, so who knows.

Also I'm fairly hammered right now, so please don't take anything I say as bein accurate.