IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

Can't let Israel be the only one with nukes in the ME, Iran having them (even if they aren't really trying to make them) would just balance things.

Better still, make the ME nuke free.

Dialogue is preferable to bombast. Iran is no existential threat to either the US or Israel.

Engagement is a much better strategy than invasion, so let's hope it's a new leaf for American foreign policy, but the idea of American exceptionalism seems to be on the rise again, so who knows.

Also I'm fairly hammered right now, so please don't take anything I say as bein accurate.

Fair. Completely agree on dialogue being the best option. You should talk to Bibi about Iran not being an existential threat, btw. Could help greatly. Although I kinda understand Bibster with all the anti-zionist rhetoric from Iran in the past. (And I'm sure he can't play cool because of all the hawkish-rightish voters in Israel. It seems like a big constituency, so he needs to kater them as well.)

Can't let Israel be the only one with nukes in the ME, Iran having them (even if they aren't really trying to make them) would just balance things.

That's not going to happen.

Dialogue is preferable to bombast. Iran is no existential threat to either the US or Israel.

Engagement is a much better strategy than invasion, so let's hope it's a new leaf for American foreign policy, but the idea of American exceptionalism seems to be on the rise again, so who knows.

Also I'm fairly hammered right now, so please don't take anything I say as bein accurate.

Fair. Completely agree on dialogue being the best option. You should talk to Bibi about Iran not being an existential threat, btw. Could help greatly. Although I kinda understand Bibster with all the anti-zionist rhetoric from Iran in the past. (And I'm sure he can't play cool because of all the hawkish-rightish voters in Israel. It seems like a big constituency, so he needs to kater them as well.)

Foreign Policy mag summed it up best: Bibi is still a jerk. Rhetoric is rhetoric - those clerics need an existential threat just as much as the Likud need one. Gotta keep the local population happy.

That's not going to happen.

Yeah, Israel will never give up their nukes.

Pakistan also has nukes, not technically in the middle east, but close enough to make no difference to your point.

Pakistan also has nukes, not technically in the middle east, but close enough to make no difference to your point.

Might as well count India by that logic then

No, they're not really that invovled in the politics of the middle east. Their beefs are fairly limited to Pakistan, but there's a lot more going on with Pakistan than just Kashmir.

No, they're not really that invovled in the politics of the middle east. Their beefs are fairly limited to Pakistan, but there's a lot more going on with Pakistan than just Kashmir.

Oh you meant politically close, not geographically. Does Pakistan have a bigger stake in the region other than their border with Afghanistan is festering shithole that they refuse to police?

Glock is debuting a gun that serves no purpose except being a concealed weapon. These gun makers use "hunting" as an excuse to keep Americans killing each other with their products.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/04/05/glock-goes-concealed-carry-could-this-new-gun-shak.aspx

Guest chunky

pat buchanan was your last hope

seriously, that guy was in fact your last chance

9/11, iraq, afghan, libya, syria, ukraine

pat buchanan was america's chance to avoid hell on earth

america voted for hell, it's going to get hell, and it's going to inflict hell on all

Comments on that article are sickening.

is it me or is there a resurgence lately in racist bullshit masquerading as "just speaking the truth"? or has it always been this bad and I'm only just now noticing it again?

some asshole on Reddit the other day posted a video of a bunch of black kids bodyslamming car hoods for shits and giggles, and getting snatched by the cops for it, and there was just shit like "why is it that black people are hellbent on ruining their reputation? why can't black people respect other people's property? why are black people so violent?" everywhere, on and on, it was fucking repugnant. god I hate Reddit. *goes and looks at /r/cats*

pat buchanan was your last hope

seriously, that guy was in fact your last chance

9/11, iraq, afghan, libya, syria, ukraine

pat buchanan was america's chance to avoid hell on earth

america voted for hell, it's going to get hell, and it's going to inflict hell on all

8EDFbjM.gif

Edited by cwmbrancity

Lol, Pat Buchanan was far from any hope, anywhere, ever.

This country has been boned since just after the civil war. The empire has been built to suit and set up by the families of those being suited. Blood in, oil out.

Comments on that article are sickening.

is it me or is there a resurgence lately in racist bullshit masquerading as "just speaking the truth"? or has it always been this bad and I'm only just now noticing it again?

some asshole on Reddit the other day posted a video of a bunch of black kids bodyslamming car hoods for shits and giggles, and getting snatched by the cops for it, and there was just shit like "why is it that black people are hellbent on ruining their reputation? why can't black people respect other people's property? why are black people so violent?" everywhere, on and on, it was fucking repugnant. god I hate Reddit. *goes and looks at /r/cats*

I've noticed this too.

Possibly linked to the rising popularity of far right groups again (which in turn is linked to the recession. People get scared/angry and look for something easy to blame it on: Immigration).

Popularity of these groups give closet racists confidence and justification to be more vocal about their batshit theories regarding race. Of course these opinions need to be dressed up in platitudes in order to smooth out the cognitive dissonance.

Racism=Bad Thing. I am not Bad Thing, therefore: "I'm not a racist but.."