IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

The only time I've been to Portland was at the last Ae tour in that region with my brother. TBH it felt more laid back than Seattle.

I don't think we should let the whole city's reputation be tarnished by one bloodthirsty racist shithead.

The only time I've been to Portland was at the last Ae tour in that region with my brother. TBH it felt more laid back than Seattle.

I don't think we should let the whole city's reputation be tarnished by one bloodthirsty racist shithead.

oh it isn't .. but pdx is going through growing pains regardless of what stabby assholes are up to.  the history is there though.. but i guess every city in america has its own racist history as well.  there used to be some infamous KKK dude had a camp or something w/a bunch of skinheads living there.. i think it faded away in the 90s sometime. but pdx is still a uniquely open and accepting place.. unless you're white lady trying to make burritos... but that's another story. 

:facepalm: this sort of thing will be the death of a true alternative solution to the right-wing fascist toxicity spreading across the globe atm, not the fascists themselves.

Just don't let them find out about all of the Mexican restaurants run by Chinese immigrants in Brooklyn (are those still a thing?  I haven't been down to Brooklyn in like 10 years).

But yeah, Oregon has as deep a history of racism as anyplace in the US. My dad grew up in St Helens in the 50s and 60s and when he was in his teens it was still illegal (and enforced) for non-white people to be in the county after sundown, for example.

Portland is pretty cool on the occasion I get out there, though, although I'll never adjust to the whole jaywalking thing.

regarding the burrito ladies in portland.. 

"ask a  mexican"

http://boingboing.net/2017/05/30/ask-a-mexican-tackles-burri.html

there was lot's of going over the reality of food on reddit that was pretty good/entertaining/funny/informative etc. 

everyone in america should have to visit new orleans once and have some food and learn some history

this guy makes me feel ok. 

mcdonald's is rolling out delivery service. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mcdonalds-rolls-delivery-york-143358759.html

america is so fuckt. 

I believe they've already had delivery in.... New York and either LA or Chicago? I swear they already had delivery in New York....?

Heard they're exploring drone delivery too lol. Prime opportunity for drug dealers to infiltrate mcd's and use drones to deliver special side-dishes lol.

edit: sorry, it was Manhattan. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDelivery)

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

^^^ yes, in los angeles you can order mcdonald's for delivery but you have to do it through an app

Ah, ok, so I'm not out to lunch (lol). 

Have you ever had it delivered, does it show up hot?

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

Fuck all of those MAGA assholes

indeed.. even if that sign is photoshopped it's not at all a unbelievable.. fuck those MAGA 

tumblr_oqusmjprzO1va9eqqo1_1280.jpg

I guess the great whites were the ones standing around watching the black slaves do all the work huh

and getting those shinese to build the railroads.. and the irish and italians to build the brooklyn bridge etc etc etc.. 

interesting to see how trump and the climate agreement is being discussed in india (in english). 

considering taking trump seriously in any way seems like a joke to them. ;-p

tumblr_oqusmjprzO1va9eqqo1_1280.jpg

I guess the great whites were the ones standing around watching the black slaves do all the work huh

and getting those shinese to build the railroads.. and the irish and italians to build the brooklyn bridge etc etc etc.. 

Ugh. How about we 'remember' how to use quotation marks for starters. 

And yes to the above two points. 

Finally, "great white..." reminds me of this: 

great-white-shark-teeth.adapt.945.1.jpg